Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it's actually extremely simple since it doesn't interact with anything else and is purposely underpowered.
    I guess we will see if it works out that way.

It really wasn't. For the most part, it was just a giant clusterfuck. Not to mention completely useless to the vast majority of players no matter how it scales. Versatility is equally useless to everybody.
    You forget though that Bliz uses asymmetric balancing. In that scenario ArP is the better stat.

Deleted
    Nice that they renamed resilience and PvP power, both stats which they promised would go away or be drastically reduced, to versatility.

Versatility affects all content, though, not just PvP. It's also not a "free" stat and intentionally worse for any specific role. It's nowhere close to what PvP Power and Resilience did.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    You forget though that Bliz uses asymmetric balancing. In that scenario ArP is the better stat.
    They balance the classes asymmetrically. Not the stats.

They balance the classes asymmetrically. Not the stats.
    Haste has certainly been a fairly awful stat for Ferals historically. I haven't seen any changes for WoD that will change that.

Interesting post from Tsalera on the US beta forums:

Two main differences between versatility and resilence are that versatility works in PvE, and that versatility has a portion of it's stat budget spent on offensive gains as well as defensive gains. The second point, the stat value I think is important to stress here. Numbers arn't balanced yet, so I'll just look at it in a vaccum. If versatility is greater offensively than mastery then the free defesive benefit makes it the best stat. If versatility is greater than stamina for defence then it becomes the most powerful stat because it has a free offensive component. If blizzard wishes to balance vesatility in a way that doesn't just make it the alpha and omega of pvp they need to make it inefficient offensively and defensively and only compete when you are literally looking for a damage reduction and damage increase at the same time in a sustained environment.

If X quantity of versatility is giving more effective health than X quantity of stamina then if will have a negative effect on percentage heals. Most cases where you could chose to gem resil or stam the resil actually gave you more effective HP increase than the Stam, so the resil is just simply a more powerful stat. This is much less likly to happen with versatility as it also works in PvE at full power, if they overvalue the stat as resil has been in the past then every PvE tank will be going for as much versatility as possible and avoiding the other stats.

As it looks right now based on buffs about 3% versatility is worth the same as 5% of crit/haste. As long as stacking it has less offensive gains than a pure offensive stat and less defensive gains than a pure defensive stat I can see a place for it in pvp.
    And in regards to the screenshot linked earlier, which we know was obviously a bug:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...43741854838784

Why would the balancing of stamina vs. versatility be of any consequence? You can never trade one for the other, every item has stamina and can have versatility instead of mastery/haste/crit/multistrike.

Only the balance of those secondary stats matters, and Blizzard already said they want versatility to be not as good as any of the others.

Additional thought about Versatility. It should not be available for PVP i.e. it should not work VS other players (much like vengeance later on).
    The point of going away from resilience was to get rid of the confusion that it added and adding in resilience under another name would be futile.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Additional thought about Versatility. It should not be available for PVP i.e. it should not work VS other players (much like vengeance later on).
    The point of going away from resilience was to get rid of the confusion that it added and adding in resilience under another name would be futile.
    It would make PVE gear even worse against players in the open world (or PVP instances). Basically, any fraction of an item's budget dedicated to versatility is lost IN PVP because versatility is ignored (the way you suggested), just as PVP power or resilience is now ignored in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Rox View Post
    It would make PVE gear even worse against players in the open world (or PVP instances). Basically, any fraction of an item's budget dedicated to versatility is lost IN PVP because versatility is ignored (the way you suggested), just as PVP power or resilience is now ignored in PVE.
    PvP stats are outside the normal gear budget. That's why, in late MoP, PvP gear could be used as entry gear for PvE (due to having 2 stats without PvP stat interference) and PvE gear could be used for entry level PvP due to base resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rox View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather they scrap this for fear of the stat being overpowered. They could make it underpowered, but would there even be a point in having it unless it's balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather they scrap this for fear of the stat being overpowered. They could make it underpowered, but would there even be a point in having it unless it's balanced?
    most people fear that it will be unpowered though.