Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Everybody should learn self defence, basic first aid and learn to swim, these three simple things will save a life.
    Don't you dare make reasonable suggestions! *shakes fist*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Well, what martial art was it? Kickboxing in Germany for example is supervised by the WAKO and only they ( -> certified trainers) can give out belts.
    Shotokan Karate run by SAMA, they test technical skills, kumite and kata but not the fighting spirit. The average time to get a black belt is 5 years which means you can get 10 year olds receiving them, they have a basic knowledge but none of the aggression or fighting spirit that makes a fighter. The fact that they are handing out black belts to children that cannot do a single pullup is a joke.

This thread is almost cathartic, a chance for everyone to air their grievances against some person they encountered in real life or some twitter trolls that got to them in a great MRA circle jerk.

Infracted - please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-06-23 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    whats even more annoying is most of these women work in journalism/major publication houses.

Deleted
    It's twitter.

That alone should be self-explanatory on how much you should view these "Tweets" with any amount of seriousness.

As for learning basic self-defense, eh, it's up to them.

If they feel like they're at risk, despite how minute the chance of being raped* is, they should go for it.

*Or any other form of assault, be it of a sexual nature or otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    whats even more annoying is most of these women work in journalism/major publication houses.
    No, most women on twitter are not journalist.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Quick! People said things on Twitter! Let's all condemn feminism!

Amateurs. Everybody knows the best feminist dwell in Tumblr.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-06-22 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    It's twitter.

That alone should be self-explanatory on how much you should view these "Tweets" with any amount of seriousness.
    I want someone to explain the difference between a twitter post and a post on this forum. I think people give twitter far more gravity than it deserves... It's an f'n forum with a character limit...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    It's twitter.

As for learning basic self-defense, eh, it's up to them.

If they feel like they're at risk, despite how minute the chance of being raped is, they should go for it.

I think it wasn't really any news. I mean.. she's not the first to suggest it. But even then, it's not a bad suggestion either. Not at all. I mean, really.. I think we all want to live in a sunshine happy land, the ideal world with only rainbows and people that don't want to hurt each other -- a world without mental disorders and psychopathy. Sadly, such a world doesn't exist and will likely never exist. So long as there are humans, there will be psychopaths.

And then the question doesn't become "how outraged do I get for someone assuming that a rapist doesn't care about some poster or feminist trying to teach them not to rape because they are psychopaths and aren't likely to give a shit because they know exactly how bad it is", but "I have faced the fact that such people exist. Do I arm myself? Do I give myself better chances in case it might happen to me? Lessen the risks as much as I can?".

I think that might be a good thing to think about for both men and women. No one is obligated, but they should realize that these people will continue existing, both men and women, and they won't stop because you pull out some feminist version of "Swiper, no Swiping!", or because "this is not how the world is supposed to be!".

These people are a reality, and your grand ideas of how we should all live in the ideal world won't change the sobering, sad reality that that ideal world doesn't exist, and psychopaths do. Again, it's about lessening the risks that something happens to you. Not about whether people think rapists should rape. No one is saying rape is acceptable in any way, shape or form. But people won't delude themselves (and others) either. They realize that these people exist and will continue existing, and don't create a bubble of ignorance around themselves. And they also realize that you can only do your best to make sure the risks are as small as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I want someone to explain the difference between a twitter post and a post on this forum. I think people give twitter far more gravity than it deserves... It's an f'n forum with a character limit...
    Well one difference is there aren't any trolls on twitter or tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Well one difference is there aren't any trolls on twitter or tumblr.

*snort*

You're serious? You're talking about WoW trolls, I hope? And I'm even sure that there are even such trolls there.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The irony about these feminists, if their fathers had not raped their mothers they wouldn't have existed.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-06-22 at 09:42 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The irony about these feminists, if their fathers had not raped their mothers they wouldn't have existed.

But we, strong womyn, were totally capable of reproducing without worthless, cishet males!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-06-22 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You're serious?
    He is completely right. The people on Tumblr and Twitter actually believe what they say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Smart post, I bet you get someone that bites though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    *snort*

You're serious? You're talking about WoW trolls, I hope? And I'm even sure that there are even such trolls there.
    I'm dead serious. There's no way any posts we've seen in this thread are from trolls. Why would someone say something just to get attention on a public medium? That's just sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, this started badly and got worse. Locking this thread.