Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    saberlash when "offtank"

Lack of gear checks

Deleted
    Jumping on the vehicle and mind control bandwagons as well.

Also, as a healer/caster dps this expansion: ol' Thok's screech spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Judging this thread Blizzard should only design fights with one tank, some healers and many dps and no mechanic other than "tank the boss, heal the tank, dps the boss".
    I agree to a certain degree. I actually don't really mind majority of mechanics. I don't get high blood pressure if I get mindcontrolled or anything. I accept them as part of the game design, as stupid as they might be, because it brings at least some variety to encounters. Though maybe that's because I've been recently only tanking and majority of mechanics don't really apply...

One mechanic I really dislike are vehicle/control fights where you're either stuck at a non-scaling awkwardly moving vehicle or in some possess mode trying to figure out what button does what. I tend to stick with normal 1-5 binds on my main action bar so if there ever is a "press 321 123" rotation, at least I don't have to figure out that actually for me the rotation is QZY YZQ. But I know many who change those as well. I don't think people should be forced out of their characters if they don't like that = players always should be able to determine who controls a vehicle or whatever.

Flying/swimming is annoying because it's just badly implemented in the game. ("I'm right next to the thing, why can't I hit it? *turns camera* oh i'm like 40 yards away").

As tank in SoO I -really- dislike active mitigation mechanics, where you have to play sub optimal because you just need to hit one ability when a timer goes to 0 or when you see a certain cast bar, so sometimes I'm not really doing anything because I'm waiting for the cast. Probably just a L2P issue.

Deleted
    Shooting Galakras down is a current one I dislike. Lag/latency on one of two people's computers could cause a wipe, especially on heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    fights where you had to class stack. Now Ive never been in a guild where we class stacked to beat a encounter but from what Ive seen fights like spine come to mind. Well yeah its cool youve been a member of the guild for a long time and consistent raider, jk have a seat while we stack orange mages and rogues. Dosent seem fun, but im just a observer to this mechanic so thats the most I can comment on.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Interupts like BWD onyxia.

Vehicels.

Stuff thats just hard to avoid so you always had the same few failing (Heroic Ragnaros flames...)

Edit: Since I actually got try try spine HC pre-nerf, scoring a top 100 world kill I haft to say class stacking. Horrible thing...We let all our hunters, warlocks out.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wythel View Post
    Siegecrafter belt.

I don't have a fucking idea of this fight outside of the belt and I spent weekss on it.
    lol yeah. Hunters pretty well got boned for that fight once it got out they could solo the belt.

Deleted
    Flash & Aim on Paragons, Mark on Protectors (someone dies -> mark goes to someone random -> Person not expecting it and dies as well), any hide and loss of control mechanic, any mechanic which phases you out of the raid to do some sort of event (Noru, HC Sha), anything that requires a particular class to do some role away from the boss (ie Siegecrafter belts), raid-wide silences.
    Last edited by mmocf77c5d84fa; 2014-06-26 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Any fight where I have to stop dpsing or lower damage at any point ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeleineLT View Post
    Flash & Aim on Paragons, Mark on Protectors (someone dies -> mark goes to someone random -> Person not expecting it and dies as well), any hide and loss of control mechanic, any mechanic which phases you out of the raid to do some sort of event (Noru, HC Sha), anything that requires a particular class to do some role away from the boss (ie Siegecrafter belts), raid-wide silences.
    I actually liked some of the paragons mechanics only thing is if the fight was more spread out and not a big cluster fuck they encounter would do the paragons some justice.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Mine is divided between: absurdly hard/long/big thrash packs, long unskippable (also often idiotic, like Thrall's pure idiocy before Big Dumb Mr. G in SoO) RP speeches, and Malygos-like fights that involve flying (I liked the bird boss in ToT though, the one before Durumu the Evil eye, which involved coordinated flying to the bird nests, that one was actually cool).
    Also me don't like any kind of vehicle-like system, when you either need to control some piece of shit with its abilities never scale with your gear, or you need to use some item giving you some crappy unscalable abilities. I'm playing my class because I've chosen to do so, if I wanted to play a weird steam tank with 3k dps, I'd play it instead.
    Last edited by l33t; 2014-06-26 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Geyser was the epitome of organization and good positioning, what's there to not like about it?
    The triforce strat wasn't even the way Blizzard intended people to deal with Geyser. That's why they got rid of it in 4.3. I just cannot fathom how they wanted a raid of 25 people to spread evenly in that tiny ass ice patch. Also, one fucking doofus out of position for even a the tiniest minority of a fraction of a second would cause countless wipes. When the fight was already taking 10+ minutes just to get to that point, it was extremely frustrating.

One person and one person only stand in this fire....

Deleted
    Hard enrages. There's a sense of desperate satisfaction knowing you can do a fight after the enrage timer even though it might boil down to pure luck. Having a mechanic that wipes a raid instantly after its enrage just feels cheap and unsatisfactory. I appreciate even tiny amounts of wiggle room.

Taunt swaps. I'm so damn tired of this over used pointless mechanic.

Deleted
    The most frustrating things for me are:
    - unskippable RP. I mean, I like to read what characters are saying, but, if I'm listening to it for n-th time, I'd rather just SKIP TO THE GODDAMN BATTLE GOD THRALL DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO GET BITCHSLAPPED SO BAD BY GARROSH.
    -things that interrupt you. Disrupting shouts, screeches from Thok, that sort of things. And I'm saying this as a tank.
    - Lei Shi's Hide. Whoever designed this mechanic, he can rot in hell.
    - aaaand things that you need to avoid/stand in that are nearly the same colour as surroundings. Prime example: Durumu. [having said that, I usually popped a cooldown if I just couldn't make out if maze's disappeared yet or not quite and prayed for the best, but I don't think it should be like that.]

Deleted
    stupid add intermissions that waste a lot of time

A tough question! I'd have to go with the various mechanics that make you lose control of your character. It's frustrating - especially if your character ends up running off somewhere and is then unlucky enough to regain control only to die to a nasty unlucky combination of enemy attacks!

Well, I do have some I personally don't like. It's flying and swimming and to a degree vehicles. But the later one does have some exception, for example I do like scorpion on paragons.
    My other dislikes are probably just personal dislikes aka there is nothing wrong with them, just don't like them.
    One specific unchangeable person responsibilities.
    Fight that take ages with high chance to fail in last phase (to a degree paired with previous one).
    Shitloads of adds. I'm all for main boss that has henchmen, but not main boss that calls half his castle every 5 seconds.
    And last that probably is the same as unchangeable responsibilities one is unrecoverable fights.
    And my last minute one is probably check fights. While those are needed indeed, but more times than less they are tuned quite hard.