Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Flame Wreath. Easiest mechanic ever, since the way to survive it was to TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF THE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE, but frickin' twitchy ass kids can't seem to do even that right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I hated that last phase.
    I did too. And Malygos. And Dreamwalker. For some reason I have a difficult time with 3-D depth perception on a 2-D game.

waay to long RP and timed events, like the trash before galakras. horrible

Deleted
    As a healer, mechanics like Tortos or Malkorok. Gives me a moderate heart attack every time when someone manages to drop to 5% and STAY THERE BECAUSE HERE'S AN ABSORB HAVE FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Trash fights. Hyjal is just the worst. I also hate Horridon and spoils.
    This, stupid amt of trash is annoying.

Deleted
    Vehicles. I want to play my character, not ride in a vehicle

not really a mechanic of a fight, but stacking for heals, it just feels wrong to spam aoe through a heavy damage phase, would rather have more things healers could do pre-emptively(shields, HoTs before the damage goes out)

15+ Year Old Account
    Flying, but vehicles is a close second.

Knockback of iron jug

things that make it impossible for me to shred im looking at you ultraxion

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate fights with a lot of adds. A few are okay. Too many just makes the fight feel messy. I feel like the number of fights with lots of adds really increased in MoP compared to previous expansions.

I hate the mechanic that forces me to be in a group to see the most important parts of the story unfold instead of being able to do it all myself.

Anything that vaguely resembles the ice cubes on Sindragosa ......
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Any mechanic where the loss can be laid squarely at the foot of one person not performing a very specific role/task, especially when that person is randomly chosen. An example would be Black Temple's Teron Gorefield (the trope codifier, in my view) and his Shadow of Death mini-game. Any mechanic that arbitrarily chooses a raid member and thrusts them into an unfamiliar role, and places the whole weight on the encounter on their shoulders. Takes away from an RL's ability to control the raid, and also introduces an element that can be neither predicted nor practiced without lots and lots and lots of wipes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    I think a fight like Seigecrafter does it well, it tests your ability on multiple levels - DPS has to be able to perform their usual DPS tasks and also have good spatial awareness on the belt. Healers mainly just heal a lot but there is a movement factor involved as you're dodging things on the ground and tanks are being tested on active tanking (while Seigecrafter is enraging), movement and damage output.

I enjoy that fight for what it is.

A lot of old vanilla fights that focused a bit too much on resist gear - and resist in general, even from the boss end of things - were just shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fucking goddamn bombs in Heroic Iron Juggernaut in 10m.

Lei Shi - can't do shit for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    The fucking goddamn bombs in Heroic Iron Juggernaut in 10m.
    Curious, why specifically 10 man? That single ability is the exact same in both 10 and 25, because it's intended for tanks to deal with it <.<.
    (It used to be 7-8? bombs on PTR each wave, intending for ranged/melee to rotate cds to take them, but they made it a tank mechanic instead as the end result ended up with 10 man just using their offtank to take all 3 bombs they got, and 25 man bringing a dedicated bomb-tank to just run around and blow them up full-time)

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I hate the mechanic that forces me to be in a group to see the most important parts of the story unfold instead of being able to do it all myself.
    It's almost like the word MMO stands for something. Jee, I wonder what the diddlydo that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviditas View Post
    Cutter Beams from Sinestra X.X
    I clicked on this thread in the hopes that someone did indeed mention either Sinestra cutters or Halion cutter mechanic, I was not disappointed. Personally I loved both of those encounters.

My personal most hated mechanics would have to be the beams from Corla, Herald of Twilight and hitting teh button for Ultraxion in Dragon Soul. Both mechanics were retardedly easy, but if you pugged dungeons or that raid whatsoever on an alt, inevitably you would have some person in the group who just couldn't figure out the mechanic. Doing those bosses always made me depressed because really, how hard is it to hit a button/move in and out of a beam...

As a dedicated melee dps, Galakras' fireballs irritate me to no end.