Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Its far from my favorite raid aswell, it was pretty fun to run it the first few times but got boring incredibly quick. Some boss fights were interesting, and I kinda like the concept of raiding my own capital city, but for the rest it felt lackluster. I don't even like the Underhold, most boring place in WoW.

    Throne of Thunder is my favorite MoP raid, despite being so lineair. I liked the dark theme, going into underground caverns, and Lei Shen himself was a great fight. The thrash was also done well, great raid.

  2. #82
    DS>ToTC>Naxx>MH

  3. #83
    Herald of the Titans Kurgath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    2,820
    SoO is probably my favourite or my top 3 raid in WoW, worst raid for me is either Dragon Soul or ToC.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ulduar>Kara>Icc>SoO>ToT
    That's not a bad breakdown at all. Those are probably my top 5 for sure, might shift ICC to #5 though.

    /cheers

  5. #85
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,764
    SoO is very good. Good length raid, interesting fights, EXCELLENT lore (unlike DS, trash lore there), good buildup, ect.

    DS can claim worst raid by miles. TotC, for all the negativity, was a half-way decent instance, the only 2 cons to it was A) no trash, and B) extreme repetiveness. (It was the first, and last, raid that you could run 4 times/lockout). Boss fights were pretty well designed and interested, with the potential exception of Faction Champs.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  6. #86
    Fluffy Kitten Alski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earthquake rubble
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    But... T6 is lvl 70...
    I was still running around with my 4p T6 bonus until we got to Sapphiron, and i was a tank.

  7. #87
    Loved all of MOP raid's especially ToT and SOO.. great bosses for the most part.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Am I the only one who feels this way? I absolutely despise this raid. And it's definitely not because of burn out. I jumped into this tier late and only ran it on normal a few times and a few more in LFR/Flex. Meanwhile I've done full ToT at least a hundred times across several difficulties. Currently I've been working on some cloaks for a few alts, and I just do ToT because I like that raid and for-go the extra chances at drops from the first two wings of SoO.
    no, you arent the only one who feels that way but i disagree

  9. #89
    Stood in the Fire Rogasaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bathing in the Tears of Blood Elves
    Posts
    463
    I'd give it a 6/10, mostly because the first 8 bosses I feel were not tuned very well while the last 6 were great.
    The one of few who dares to like Anduin Wrynn

    Fear the Pickle

  10. #90
    Karazhan was worst raid for me............................................because I missed it as a Wrath baby

    I hope blizz will add option of gear adjustment for any past raids so I can enjoy old content as I'd been there x years ago

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    Karazhan was worst raid for me............................................because I missed it as a Wrath baby

    I hope blizz will add option of gear adjustment for any past raids so I can enjoy old content as I'd been there x years ago
    At first I was like......

    But then I

  12. #92
    SoO is ok. On par with ICC, slightly worse than Ulduar and ToT.

    I'd say for me it looks like this:

    - very good: Ulduar, ToT, BoT/BWD
    - still good: SoO, ICC, Firelands, some of T14
    - meh: Naxx, TotC, some of T14
    - shit tier: DS DS DS + Al'Akir

    Been raiding since Wrath btw.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Kara>ToT>Ulduar>SoO>BT
    I agree with this if we're just including single instances. If we're doing tiers, then I'd replace SoO with either T11 or T14.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    I was still running around with my 4p T6 bonus until we got to Sapphiron, and i was a tank.

    People don't understand the power of new gems in older 3 socket gear. T3 lasted through Kara t6 through Naxx, it wasn't until after Wrath that we had this insane item inflation to stop people from using old gear all the way through leveling and into the new raids. So to fix one perceived problem we created this monster stat jump from the first to last tier of raiding in an expansion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    SoO is ok. On par with ICC, slightly worse than Ulduar and ToT.

    I'd say for me it looks like this:

    - very good: Ulduar, ToT, BoT/BWD
    - still good: SoO, ICC, Firelands, some of T14
    - meh: Naxx, TotC, some of T14
    - shit tier: DS DS DS + Al'Akir

    Been raiding since Wrath btw.
    Notice how RS is so shitty it doesn't even make the list...
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  15. #95
    Siege of Orgrimmar isn't even the worst raid in its own expansion (that'd be Heart of Fear, for my money).

  16. #96
    SoO isn't even the worst raid of this expansion. HoF wins all the awards for shit raid, in a clean sweep of dog shit raids, putting it on pace to dethrone the other awful raids of the past and future.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  17. #97
    Raid is OK save for some Boss Number Inflation (No, you are not real BossModel, Mogu&Mantid Crates and recolored Sha of Pryde, recycled Klaxxi Paragons) but Trash is horrible.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  18. #98
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,191
    I'm tired of it, but it's definitely not the worst raid to me.

    I don't even think it's bad. Some bosses I don't like, some I really like, and overall I feel it was a well designed tier.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoshorty View Post
    To be honest, no one will ever find out which raid was the "worst".

    A lot of people said TotC was the worst raid, but I always loved the raid because I love skipping trash and just killing bosses.


    SoO was okay.
    Honestly, I liked TotC simply because of the "PvP" fight. While it's was generally cookie cutter, the fact that it made groups completely change their line of thinking was what did it for me. It was a break from the monotony of DBM.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    People don't understand the power of new gems in older 3 socket gear. T3 lasted through Kara t6 through Naxx, it wasn't until after Wrath that we had this insane item inflation to stop people from using old gear all the way through leveling and into the new raids. So to fix one perceived problem we created this monster stat jump from the first to last tier of raiding in an expansion.
    That goes a long way towards realizing that you never truly gain power in the game. Endgame gear should, essentially, be a level extension and should be treated as such. Instead level 85 endgame gear is tossed aside for level 86 questing greens.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    People don't understand the power of new gems in older 3 socket gear. T3 lasted through Kara t6 through Naxx, it wasn't until after Wrath that we had this insane item inflation to stop people from using old gear all the way through leveling and into the new raids. So to fix one perceived problem we created this monster stat jump from the first to last tier of raiding in an expansion.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Notice how RS is so shitty it doesn't even make the list...
    LOL. It's so true. I raided heroic halion while it was current, and while the boss fight itself was interesting, the trash was way overtuned with mini bosses prior that didn't drop anything. Maybe an emblem of frost I forget.


    It's one thing to hate a raid, but to be so indifferent to it that you don't even remember it... That's a whole different level of bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •