Poll: What should have been the outcome of the trial?

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    They were going 10-20 over the limit in the speeding lane, and apparently that contributed to the deaths; As the wife behind him following the speed limit was able to brake and not get involved in the accident.

So it's partly the speeders fault, but largely the convicted faults; If she hadn't of parked in the speeding lane without her hazards on this wouldn't of occurred.
    the article in the OP can't do kph>mph conversions :P the limit on the A30 is 100kph (~63mph), they were doing between 110-120kph according to the courts. Neither of which are 70-80mph. As a regular highway driver 120kph is slow for the highway in Canada Certainly not an unreasonable speed to be doing. Most cops won't even give a shit if you're 10 over.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

she was a moron for stopping in the speeding lane of a highway.. common sense would tell you to pull the fuck over out of harms way. just like when a cop blasts his sirens at you, you dont stop in the middle of the road, you pull over. she should go to prison for being stupid, but i dont think a life sentence is in order. she has to live with the fact that she caused the death of 2 people, one of them being a teenage girl. for someone whos not trained to see/cause death, thats a punishment one doesnt want.

Deleted
    In truthfulness, if a cat or a dog is in front of me when driving guess who's getting mowed down.

Was taught to always go straight ahead and not to react and swerve.

I'd feel bad for the animal but meh...

Why? It's not going to change what happened, it's not going to prevent it from happening again, and there's no sort of rehabilitation the woman needs from her 'life of crime'. Jail time serves no purpose other than vengeance in the name of a family that doesn't want vengeance.
    I beg to differ; when you are not punished for inappropriate actions you are very likely to repeat it. She obviously did not think of the consequences of her actions when she stopped. If we do not associate punitive consequences to her actions for her we might as well say "nah, go right ahead and do it again." - not to mention the fact that I just don't want someone that negligent out and about sharing the road and or other medium with other people whom she may hurt with her negligence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    the article in the OP can't do kph>mph conversions :P the limit on the A30 is 100kph (~63mph), they were doing between 110-120kph according to the courts. Neither of which are 70-80mph. As a regular highway driver 120kph is slow for the highway in Canada Certainly not an unreasonable speed to be doing. Most cops won't even give a shit if you're 10 over.
    Ahhhhhh.

That's pretty slow for a highway in murri- Canada.

I guess it's just the father not reacting quickly enough, which isn't his fault.

As i wouldn't expect to run into a stationary vehicle on a speeding lane without any form of preventive measures in place (Cones, lights, ect).

Sad situation all round.

She should definitely be sentenced to send a message, but not too harshly i hope.

Deleted
    In truthfulness, if a cat or a dog is in front of me when driving guess who's getting mowed down.

I'd believe that if you could tell me you've done it before.

Until you have, I don't believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    I beg to differ; when you are not punished for inappropriate actions you are very likely to repeat it. She obviously did not think of the consequences of her actions when she stopped. If we do not associate punitive consequences to her actions for her we might as well say "nah, go right ahead and do it again." - not to mention the fact that I just don't want someone that negligent out and about sharing the road and or other medium with other people whom she may hurt with her negligence.
    All boils down to how you think punishment needs to be handed out, soft line or hard line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discharge the dangerous driving charges, some kind of probation on the criminal negligence charges, take away her license and make her either stop driving or redo driver's ed from the beginning to get it back.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Ah yes...nothing makes me feel more vindicated than seeing 3 lives ruined instead of two for what is essentially an accident.
    My toughts exactly. I can understand some jailtime she was negligent after all, but even that Id think would be too harsh. Give her community services for awhile and let her walk. She already has to live whith the guilt of having caused the death of a father and his child and shes obviously not a criminal, on the contrary, she had the best of intentions when she stopped her car.

Botton line is shes obviously not a criminal, ruinning the life of a 25 year old girl wont bring the 2 back from death. This is a situation that the familly of the 2 who died should show some compassion and step in to try and help ease the sentence on this poor girl.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-06-23 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    I'd believe that if you could tell me you've done it before.

Until you have, I don't believe you.
    Do birds count?

...wow...that's just messed up. It wasn't exactly a murder, and the motorcyclist WAS SPEEDING, as they so often do. She couldn't anticipate the accident and let's be honest, how many people would have run those ducklings over IN CASE someone was coming speeding from behind...? SOME kind of punishment could have been right, but life? Just no...

Messed up, 3 lives ruined. I always thought Canada was a good, reasonable place to live.

Fuck that I'd never hit a larger animal, it's fuck up my front end on my new car! I'd most likely stop if I had time to.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    That's literally the most stupid thing I've read on here all week. Sometimes knowing what you caused is punitive enough.

For instance I touch the stove and learn it is hot and it hurts. I don't need my mom to then hit me in order for me to not touch the stove again.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Fuck that I'd never hit a larger animal, it's fuck up my front end on my new car! I'd most likely stop if I had time to.

Just a casual ad in Ireland

Do birds count?
    Try it with a moose, they're hilarious*cough* ^^

She wasnt the one speeding. The speeding motorcycle should default to guilt in this accident. Her stopping for ducks or by some other reason shouldnt give her any blame what so ever. Speed kills.

Deleted
    Do birds count?
    Not if it's a pheasant that flew into you or something else that flew into you.

But if you saw a young sizeable bird on the road and you just went and ran it over, perhaps. I say young because unless it's something like a chicken, partridge, grouse, pheasant it's going to fly off first. Unless it's stupid!
    Last edited by mmocd12d3b42be; 2014-06-23 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    how many people would have run those ducklings over IN CASE someone was coming speeding from behind...?
    People who know what they're doing would have pulled over to the shoulder (On the opposite side of the road) and put on the 4-ways, not left the car sitting in the left lane.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Botton line is shes obviously not a criminal, ruinning the life of a 25 year old girls wont bring the 2 back from death. This is a situation that the familly of the 2 who died should show some compassion and step in to try and help ease the sentence on this poor girl.
    Wow, dude. I'm glad you're not the one writing the laws.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Should just take her license away for stopping mid highway without hazards.

As far as going 70 mph in a 60............. lol so what, who hasn't done that, do they deserve to die for it? Just about everytime I make a trip up north I go 70 in a 60mph zone. And people still fly past me. Most cops in this state wont even write you a ticket for less than 15. I love all these people crucifying the guy for going an "estimated" 10 miles over the speed limit.... holy crap have you ever even driven on a highway before?

There's no telling the actual details it seems. But there's no one here that can say if he was going 60 that the result would of been different. Never stop in the middle of the fast lane... stupid.