Deleted

[WW] Haste/Crit Optimisation

Greetings, I regularly post my armory link and look for pointers, I've read today even with a Chi-Brew setup that WW if played correctly could dip down to around 10,000 haste, is this correct? It doesn't sound great to me. But I was thinking if it is correct I could squeeze a little more crit rating out of my character by going Agility/Crit gemming a little more. Anyway, I'm here to see if I can tweak my gemming/enchants and reforges just that little bit to push an extra DPS or two. What would YOU change about my character? Are the Agi/Hit gems optimal (in my shoulders) when I'm already over cap?

NOTE -> I'm guaranteed Haromm's Talisman next time it drops (HC or HCWF)

Cheers guys!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9/advanced

Last time I checked you want to utilize as much haste as you can not as little as you can.

Yes, Some Windwalkers can dip down to 10k Haste with AOC but can be tricky if you're not squeezing in FOF as much as possible when the requirements fit. Also for Cleave fights you may find yourself Energy Starve with 9-10k Haste. Gems/Reforging looks good, you will see decent dps jump once you get Haromm's Trinket.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaranthineSR View Post
    Greetings, I regularly post my armory link and look for pointers, I've read today even with a Chi-Brew setup that WW if played correctly could dip down to around 10,000 haste, is this correct? It doesn't sound great to me. But I was thinking if it is correct I could squeeze a little more crit rating out of my character by going Agility/Crit gemming a little more. Anyway, I'm here to see if I can tweak my gemming/enchants and reforges just that little bit to push an extra DPS or two. What would YOU change about my character? Are the Agi/Hit gems optimal (in my shoulders) when I'm already over cap?

NOTE -> I'm guaranteed Haromm's Talisman next time it drops (HC or HCWF)

Cheers guys!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9/advanced
    The main reason people are going with 10k haste is actually due to AoC providing more uptime on Energizing Brew. Without AoC, though, you would actually need more haste to help compensate. As a general rule AoC provides:

AoC % * 10 * 425 Haste rating

So in your case AoC is providing (0.4763 * 10 * 425 =) ~2024 Haste Rating. Granted, once you do get Haromms, do not get rid of the AoC though. If the trinket stays the way it works today as it does in 6.0, then at least for the month between 6.0 and WoD, that trinket will actually be best in slot.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2014-06-23 at 05:03 PM.

I'd first like to address the haste soft-cap. This describes the necessary haste to be able to fill every GCD. As of 5.4, you basically want to get as much haste as you can (assuming you are not using Assurance of Consequence), and then after around 11K haste you want to begin collecting tons of crit. Many monks state that they are pretty happy at around 13K haste, but some do go for more.

After reaching the haste soft-cap, there's 3 recommended ways to gem and reforge:

hit/exp caps > haste softcap > agility > crit > haste beyond softcap >>>>> mastery

Red sockets: pure agility
    Yellow sockets: agility + crit
    Blue sockets: agility + hit
    From the guide. That is the most DPS setup.

You also don't need to be over the hit cap, your belt is not reforged away from hit and your off-hand is reforging crit to haste instead of hit to haste. Use ReforgeLite or set your own weights in Ask Mr Robot (do not use the default weights) to get reforging that actually maximizes your stats instead of trying to do it by hand.