Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    They can buzz off.

Really though, I can't imagine (never read up on it, but just in terms of scale) that the economic detriment caused by killing bees is comparable to the overall price of food benefit resulting from pesticide use.
    because its not like honey is ever used for anything. or that those bees are part of any ecosystem.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swineflu View Post
    1 in 68 people in the us are born with autism these days. Check 68 babies born in your area then report back the rate.
    Hi ma'ma, I'm a scientist, what you don't believe me? See I've got a labcoat, just ignore the neckbeard while i poke and prod your baby with my doctor-science tools.

All you're saying here is a really obtuse version of "if you can't disprove me, I must be right." And as usual with your threads, science doesn't work that way.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

dont selectively edit a quote. repair it.
    Last edited by swineflu; 2014-06-24 at 02:41 AM.

dont selectively edit a quote. repair it.
    My goodness, the self importance is staggering. I had a bit that I elected to reply to. It's from the OP and the cite to the original post is in tact. Nothing in the content is changed.

I've not seen a shred of evidence that there's an actual uptick in autism rather than an overzealous profession that has a lot of incentives to diagnose everything in sight as an ailment that they need to treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    You did browse the study correct?

They carried out no biological testing of said claims, they based whatever assumptions they made on the CHARGE study undertaken beforehand and also failed to include "external non-agricultural sources" that the mothers were exposed to.

It's assumption without research, opinion based upon opinions from surveys and study's conducted by the same group.

At best it warrants further research by outside groups, at worst this is speculation.

Wrong.

You are referring to the usual caveats that should be in every scientific study. The results of this scientific study merit an abolition of pesticides by the precautionary principle; the burden of proof ought not involve proving danger but in proving safety.

You are using the usual fox-news-level-of-insulting logic; create a 1% counterargument and then claim the entire debate is paralyzed.

But arguing to your point is a waste of time and shows you respect you do not deserve; you don't really care. You are a troll who is trying to derail the thread and along the way hopefully hurt people's feelings who do care about the subject.

In the future if you have autism in your family then remember your attitude here. Deep inside you'll know you deserve it.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-06-24 at 04:32 AM.

First two sentences and he pulls out the correlation must imply causation fallacy.

- - - Updated - - -

In the future if you have autism in your family then remember your attitude here. Deep inside you'll know you deserve it.
    Oh gee, that was mature. I'm surprised it took a whole three pages to escalate that far.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread gave me autism. Seriously just stop.

But arguing to your point is a waste of time
    Considering in the very first post you say

It's pretty obvious where autism is coming from.
    I don't think anyone can convince you otherwise...also why don't you share your knowledge on what causes autism and better the lives of countless millions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey if this gets those SF nutjobs to start getting their kids vaccinated again and stop using pesticides, then I think we get a better outcome. Crop yields would be lower, but at least every disease we ended in the 50s wont come roaring back just because some people have to have a scapegoat for their child's autism (or supposed autism!).
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

[QUOTE=Rukentuts;27798992Oh gee, that was mature. I'm surprised it took a while three pages to escalate that far.[/QUOTE]

Was quicker than when he wished death by GMO crops on someone in another thread %%

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Was quicker than when he wished death by GMO crops on someone in another thread %%
    Yeah he wished that I die of cancer. You know what they say about karma...

It just used to take ten, maybe a dozen pages. I guess it's better to just hop right to it, and not beat around the pesticide-laden autism-inducing bush.

I suspect that I will eat GMO crops and die in about 45-70 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I suspect that I will eat GMO crops and die in about 45-70 years.
    With the water situation in CA apparently getting worse; I'll be glad to have GMO crops to eat as opposed to you know, dirt.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There's no devil's advocate to play here. The study itself admits that it could be wrong. All it appears to be saying is that there is more pesticide use around areas that also have higher incidences of autism.

It doesn't take into account better detection methods of the condition, the type of pesticides, incidence rates in areas low in pesticides...ectera, ectera.
    I was wondering if you had the liberal capacity to see something from someone else's point of view. I'm disappointed in you.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering in the very first post you say

I don't think anyone can convince you otherwise...also why don't you share your knowledge on what causes autism and better the lives of countless millions?
    I have been. Remember what I said in the beginning show respect.

Buy, eat organic, filter your tap and dont concieve at a late stage in Life, ideal 20-32

I was wondering if you had the liberal capacity to see something from someone else's point of view. I'm disappointed in you.
    Are you also disappointed we can't fathom the mindset of those that advocate the Earth is flat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy, eat organic, filter your tap and dont concieve at a late stage in Life, ideal 20-32
    You'd drink tap water! But the fluoride bogey man is in it!

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolrogueplayer View Post
    Why late? curious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    You'd drink tap water! But the fluoride bogey man is in it!
    Show respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show respect.
    Thats funny coming from the guy who said:
    "I was wondering if you had the liberal capacity to see something from someone else's point of view. "
    Directly insulting anyone who isnt liberal.

I must respect your nutjob viewpoints backed up by poor science, while you look down your nose at everyone else.

I have been. Remember what I said in the beginning show respect.
    You have been? I must of missed that somehow. So what about the autism in all those places where they aren't spraying the pesticides you have a bugbear about? What's causing those cases? You going to enlighten us on that too?