Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You guys have really disturbing obsessions. Maybe you should go out more

Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    Yeah... infact in that video... it tried to tell you that this happen to many of them. Especially some of the crew in the bomber.

...but I had 2 of these guys tryin to play competition with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Really?

You telling me that if you had a family of three: Father, Daughter, Mom, and they all died... lets assume you're the father... this is SADDER than if you're the father and you're in one of those plane or maybe you're one of the crew in the bomber who's just in the belly and your plane got shot and you go down. You're never going to see your daughter again... and while the plane is going down and you didn't die yet you're going down with it you have this thought... you think this is not sadder than the Dead Island situation?

Everyone would agree with me and not you. You're not credible 1 bit sir.

Narcism at its finest.

You think it's sadder to know that you will die because your plane got hit and you are falling to your death than seeing your little girl being bitten by zombies knowing well enough that that just KILLED her and you know that you can't do anything to stop her from turning into a zombie? But not only this, but at the same time you must see how some monsters kill your wife just seconds before you feel a sharp pain in you shoulder, just to realise that your OWN DAUGHTER just killed you?

Ummm under what context? Under the context that the psychopath killed me and my whole family? or under the circumstance that he killed my daughter and left me and my wife alive?

Both of these situation can't both happen. You have to pick which situation. This isn't a "Which situation would you pick as being worse" this is a "Pick which will be sadder from your perspective when it actually happened". Killing 1 and letting the other alive is sadder for all party than versus killing all of them at once. Then none of the party can feel sad....

and if you have to pick which situation is sadder you'll pick the one where they all died as less sad because you know they won't be able to feel it althought you know BOTH situation is sad.

And even if those people on the dead island have family member, they're distant and no where near as close as the actual family so it won't hit them as hard. The pilot in the WOW trailer wasn't a drunk because he clearly brought his daughter's picture with him INTO the plane.
    Sorry but dead island trailer is sadder, you see your daughter die in front of you knowing you can't help her is sadder than dieing and knowing you wont see her again but knowing she still lives.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    just stop it mate, it was just a pic flying down from the sky.. so what if its a guys girl or whatever.. still no nice story in it is it?..
    I'm not doing anything. I was just sharing how the trailer I showed was sad. Then those 2 guys came in and decided the Dead Island was sadder, which is clearly not true as I've explained. You tell them to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    At 1:01. the women is clearly in her 20's. This is entirely conjection on your part and these war-drama things usually revolve around the pilot's love interest back home, especially during the WW2 era when alot of very young men didn't even have the chance to get a family yet. And while the intention of the trailer and why it is supposed to be sad is clear, a loving sacrifice together beats that every time of the day, even though is by far nowhere near the end of the scale.

Personally I think trailers like the planes one are disgusting, especially if all your game offers is shooting other people without backstory out of the sky. Crap Island at least had traces of story.
    Oh really? she's in her 20's? To me it looks like she's 13. That's how young she is. "Usually revolve" doesn't mean that there weren't father who went to War during WWII ESPECIALLY if the reason become to protect my wife and my daughter from the horror of it should it come here. That pilot made a sacrifice to go to war against the bad guy Nazi who could have invaded US and brought the war to his family. He made a sacrifice. This isn't a debate about which game is better because of story or game play. This is a debate about which trailer is sadder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    I found neither of the trailers sad. Not at all really, might just be me though. Point being, your opinion is not fact, it is your opinion. Nothing more. If I had to choose between the two, I'd disagree with you and agree with the other guy. Which kind of makes your last point moot, as not everyone would agree with you.
    You're mad incredulous because you basically pointed me for defending why my trailer is sadder instead of pointing the other two out for saying Dead Island trailer was sadder. I made an opinion about howeveryone would agree with me but I didn't say it was a fact. You can make the decision to decide my trailer was not as sad just out of a reason to be adversary but that doesn't reflect what your actual thought is should you not have been influenced by what was going on so far in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Why is it supposed to make me cry?

The same pilot who lost his life was taking other lives too. That's the tragedy of war. But a game that glamorizes that and uses a sappy plot that is probably not even existent in the game doesn't make me sad, it strikes me as cynical and attempting to play on emotions.
    This isn't about if video game is right or wrong because it glorify war. This is about which trailer is sadder.

Everyone else has said the Dead Island trailer is sadder dude, this warplanes games trailer isnt nearly as sad, stop trying to convince everyone it is sadder lol

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Narcism at its finest.

You think it's sadder to know that you will die because your plane got hit and you are falling to your death than seeing your little girl being bitten by zombies knowing well enough that that just KILLED her and you know that you can't do anything to stop her from turning into a zombie? But not only this, but at the same time you must see how some monsters kill your wife just seconds before you feel a sharp pain in you shoulder, just to realise that your OWN DAUGHTER just killed you?

Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    Sorry but dead island trailer is sadder, you see your daughter die in front of you knowing you can't help her is sadder than dieing and knowing you wont see her again but knowing she still lives.

Seeing your own daughter dying in front of you and know you're going to die right afterward is NO where near as sad as knowing all options are lost and you're going to die but you have a moment to realize you'll never get to see your daughter again!!!

You're not even talking about the trailer anymore. You're talking about the stupid headcanon version of the trailer you just made up and none of us are privy to. And it's still not as sad as the Dead Island trailer.

The thread title made me cry*

Dead Island is much sadder in my opinion.

I'd rather die and know my loved ones are safe and far away than to know they've died as well.

No contest, really.

You're mad incredulous because you basically pointed me for defending why my trailer is sadder instead of pointing the other two out for saying Dead Island trailer was sadder. I made an opinion about howeveryone would agree with me but I didn't say it was a fact. You can make the decision to decide my trailer was not as sad just out of a reason to be adversary but that doesn't reflect what your actual thought is should you not have been influenced by what was going on so far in this thread.
    I'm sorry, but what?

I was not influenced by anything going on in this thread, not even a little. I found neither trailer sad, but of the two the Dead Island one was the sadder one in my opinion. That still doesn't invalidate your opinion about the World of Warplanes. It just means people have different opinions and feel different about things, and what you find sad isn't necessarily the same for everyone else.

Shocker that is, huh.

Seeing your own daughter dying in front of you and know you're going to die right afterward is NO where near as sad as knowing all options are lost and you're going to die but you have a moment to realize you'll never get to see your daughter again!!!
    She will live at least so no, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    Everyone else has said the Dead Island trailer is sadder dude, this warplanes games trailer isnt nearly as sad, stop trying to convince everyone it is sadder lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    You're not even talking about the trailer anymore. You're talking about the stupid headcanon version of the trailer you just made up and none of us are privy to. And it's still not as sad as the Dead Island trailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Dead Island is much sadder in my opinion.

I'd rather die and know my loved ones are safe and far away than to know they've died as well.

No contest, really.
    Lol... you people are mad incredulous. You have a misconception. You've mistaken "Which situation is worse" versus "Which situation is sadder".

If you find the War Planes trailer to have more impact, that's fine. But you can't say other people are wrong that they feel the Dead Island trailer or some other game trailer has more impact on them.

What you find to be the more sad story is mostly down to your own perspective.

Lol... you people are mad incredulous. You have a misconception. You've mistaken "Which situation is worse" versus "Which situation is sadder".
    Dead Island is both sadder and worse.

Pick your poison, it's the same either way.

You keep saying incredulous, but I don't think you know what it means...

Anyway, Dead Island is sadder AND the worse situation. IMO obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Lol... you people are mad incredulous.
    Words. I can't even.

Deleted
    Funny story: I woke up this morning around 7am and started to bash the bishop when I started to uncontrollably cry. Best fap ever.

Deleted
    I'm not doing anything. I was just sharing how the trailer I showed was sad. Then those 2 guys came in and decided the Dead Island was sadder, which is clearly not true as I've explained. You tell them to stop it.

Oh really? she's in her 20's? To me it looks like she's 13. That's how young she is. "Usually revolve" doesn't mean that there weren't father who went to War during WWII ESPECIALLY if the reason become to protect my wife and my daughter from the horror of it should it come here. That pilot made a sacrifice to go to war against the bad guy Nazi who could have invaded US and brought the war to his family. He made a sacrifice. This isn't a debate about which game is better because of story or game play. This is a debate about which trailer is sadder.

This isn't about if video game is right or wrong because it glorify war. This is about which trailer is sadder.
    But you aren't talking about the trailer, you are talking about a fictional story you made up that could relate to the trailer. Every single person here disagrees with you. It isn't wrong of you to have a different opinion, you are wrong about trying to convince and force everyone to agree with you though.

Learn to accept that nor everyone in life should agree with you and that it's not bad if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Funny story: I woke up this morning around 7am and started to bash the bishop when I started to uncontrollably cry. Best fap ever.
    Preface guarantees element story does not deliver on.

Deleted

Breaks me everytime. Don't know why, maybe its just the passion of flight people can have. Or perhaps the thought of unkown heroes.