Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Unlikely. Ashran looks like the unnamed island controlled by the Warsong Clan in the Second War

Given it's shape, size and proximity to Tanaan, its more like Deathwing's Lair is not currently a part of AU Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varegast View Post
    meant WowPedia

"When Deathwing briefly relocated to Draenor in the aftermath of the Second War, the great black dragon built a new lair, Deathwing's Lair, on a rocky island a short flight east of Hellfire Peninsula and the Skeletal Coast. It served as the headquarters of Deathwing and the other dragons allied with the Horde during the Dark Portal Crisis after the Second War. However, Deathwing made a tactical error in capturing Kurdran and Sky'ree, as this brought the wrath of Archmage Khadgar and Alleria Windrunner upon him. The pair freed Kurdran, who proceeded to raze the Lair to the ground.
    Deathwing was originally reported killed in the battle, but in fact had returned to Azeroth. He left behind a clutch of eggs in his lair, which later hatched as Nether Drakes transformed by the energy released during the destruction of Draenor. This implies that the lair still exists, however, it is not found in World of Warcraft.
    The island's original name was Ashran."
    Wowpedia isn't written by WoW devs either. There's no citation for it.

I'd just say that its location is the best indicator, seeing as they're in almost the same place.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Yeah it was a pretty odd retcon, but yes, the black dragonflight was based out of Blade's Edge. Also, it's correct that WoD Draenor's timeline is situated before Deathwing's arrival in Outland.
    I forget where, but I remember seeing at Blizzcon that the draenor we go may have had a few years, 'give or take', time to pass. It may have been more years passed on their end, but of course that's inconsequential on this topic(it's just an aspect to give these characters time to develop down an alternate path where an 'iron horde' exists, and they're not as new to the situation as the player). It doesn't really matter either way, Deathwing never came, and the 1st/2nd war never happened in this world. We'll probably know for certain when we see more details on Gul'dan's situation(he's the only person whose timeline is 'on path' with the original in some manner, in that he still tries to contact the Legion).

Rofl, probably not any reason to even respond because in the end none of it matters. Doesn't matter if it was 'before' or 'after' in years since they're an alternate timeline Draenor anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post

The Alliance heroes went there instead of an island, which they originally went to for the artifact Deathwing had. Since he himself was moved it's safe to say the lair was retconned to existing or is just in Blade's Edge. Deathwing did have his eggs there too, which is generally what Dragon lairs are for.
    Well, there's the thing with retcons... they could still easily claim that Ashran became Deathwing's lair, and just say he "fought them elsewhere." There's no evidence, however, to place it in Blade's edge.

The eggs aren't too great of a point, seeing as there were also dragon eggs (that were turned into netherdrakes) down in shadowmoon and up in netherstorm... those are both a pretty broad range.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt View Post
    I forget where, but I remember seeing at Blizzcon that the draenor we go may have had a few years, 'give or take', time to pass. It may have been more years passed on their end, but of course that's inconsequential on this topic(it's just an aspect to give these characters time to develop down an alternate path where an 'iron horde' exists, and they're not as new to the situation as the player). It doesn't really matter either way, Deathwing never came, and the 1st/2nd war never happened in this world. We'll probably know for certain when we see more details on Gul'dan's situation(he's the only person whose timeline is 'on path' with the original in some manner, in that he still tries to contact the Legion).

Rofl, probably not any reason to even respond because in the end none of it matters. Doesn't matter if it was 'before' or 'after' in years since they're an alternate timeline Draenor anyways.
    People need to remember a few things, 1, This Draenor is Pre 1st war in its timeline, and 2, the portal is connected with our current timeline. This is no way for DW to be there, nor any of the lost heroes, and 3, Tanaan Jungle is HFP pre destruction of Draenor.

If everyone can remember these things, a lot of these questions will be answered brfore threads are made on the timey wimey stuffs.

So without Deathwing, there's no Netherwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Page 723 World of Warcraft: Chronicles of War: Beyond the Dark Portal..

Now the ground around them had grown more uneven, its dips and rises more significant, and wind whipped by on all sides. Most assuredly a mountain range, but like none he'd ever seen. Stone spikes protruded from the cliff walls around them, jutting outward in every direction as if the peaks themselves were hungry for blood.
    It's Blades Edge Mountains. Also, Khadgar, Alleria, and Turalyon were the ones that went after Deathwing and the Skull of Gul'dan. Kurdran was with Danath working to recapture the Black Temple. The Chronicles of War compilation is still the canon story for everything Warcraft: Orcs and Humans-Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal. Tides of Darkness, in fact, includes the retcon that has Orgrim defeating Lothar in an honorable duel rather than an ambush under the flag of parley.
    Last edited by Flutterguy; 2014-06-26 at 03:52 AM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    So without Deathwing, there's no Netherwing.
    Sadly that is the case. The current location on the map has a base of some sort, and a small isle with a cave on it. It'll be fun to explore that place, that's for sure.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

"Wrathion"'s lair.

Please, no more Deathwing. Ever.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if the AU Deathwing just shows up in Draenor one day? Or if we are sent to go get him because Wrathion is being a dick?
    Just sort of like a "Dude come get your kid, he's being an asshole" kind of questline? I doubt Deathwing would cooperate peacefully though.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Unlikely. Ashran looks like the unnamed island controlled by the Warsong Clan in the Second War

Given it's shape, size and proximity to Tanaan, its more like Deathwing's Lair is not currently a part of AU Draenor.

that entire map has been retconned. it should be from before the planet blew up... but the bonewastes are there. hellfire is there... blade's edge is there. none of those are on live draenor... either that or the changes happened due to conditions other than the planet blowing up.

Blizzards lore on Draenor is extremely inconsistent, even before they introduced time travel on this level it was a clusterfuck of conflicting mistakes and ideas. They didn't even make it to WOW before they started fucking up with that planet.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    This is possibly the island that would be Deathwing's lair in a different continuity just as the Dark Portal resides in Hellfire Peninsula in a different continuity.
    Hellfire was retconed to being a jungle before the world was torn apart.

As for deathwin's lair being on ashran, I believe that was also retconed after the old maps were created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

That's not the Ashran that made it in-game. It was significantly remodeled since that.

omfg ppl love throwing the word retcon around. Ashran has not been retconned. It was the lair of deathwing in our timeline. But in this one, Deathwing has not even gone to outlands, and won't be, since the portal wasn't opened to AU Azeroth. He showed up there after the second war. This war will not happen because the orcs arent invading Au azeroth.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.