shadow haste help

I am currently running with the 14k haste level. I won some new heroic pieces last week that don't have haste on them. My question is, since I'll be losing a lot of haste if I used my other heroic pieces, should I go with the 10k haste threshold level? I currently have full reforge/gems into haste so I'm barely cutting it as it is with my gear. Any tips? Thanks

Here's my toons armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vavooma/simple

7+ Year Old Account
    I would not drop any lower, there is no way those extra stats would outway the 14k haste breakpoint. I honestly find it hard to understand how you are having so much trouble hitting the 14k cap. I mean I hit the 18k cap easily because I have BBoY but even without that I would be reforging out of haste for secondaries.

Regardless stay at 14k and even out your mastery crit, with your 2pc you want a 1:1 ratio of mastery to crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Depending on which pieces they are you might be able to keep being at 14873 since you'll be able to compensate by reforging haste on them + i.e gem your blue gems for 320 haste and go for exp + haste on red. Since I'm pretty sure the int gain from the heroic pieces will be huge. Play around with your gear, run AMR with your heroic pieces on ( use the correct statweights from h2p ) and check the stat difference with your current gear. If you're coming out ahead while also being able to keep the 14873 breakpoint then go for it. Else stick with 14873 and wait till you get some more gear with haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    I would not drop any lower, there is no way those extra stats would outway the 14k haste breakpoint. I honestly find it hard to understand how you are having so much trouble hitting the 14k cap. I mean I hit the 18k cap easily because I have BBoY but even without that I would be reforging out of haste for secondaries.

Regardless stay at 14k and even out your mastery crit, with your 2pc you want a 1:1 ratio of mastery to crit.
    i'm not sure how you can say you find it hard to understand when i just stated half my gear isn't haste gear, nor are the heroic pieces i don't have equiped yet, and i also provided you a link to my armory
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2014-06-25 at 01:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    i'm not sure how you can say you find it hard to understand when i just stated half my gear isn't haste gear, nor are the heroic pieces i don't have equiped yet, and i also provided you a link to my armory
    Didn't mean it in a bad way sorry if it came off like that. One thing you can do though to get some more haste is break the socket bonuses on the low int or spirit bonuses. For example your ring feet and back you could put 320 haste gems which would give you a net gain of 480 haste at the cost 60 int and 120 hit. Maybe that would help and praying to rnjesus for better drops.

Also use askmrrobot w/ custom weights to help fine tune reforging and whatnot. I find it does a great job of nabbing some here and there.
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Ease up dear sir he just wanted to help you... Which items did you get? Your armory doesn't contain those... You should be able to do some of the work yourself. Comparing gear sets and stats but I guess that by knowing the items you got we can help with it. So if you could provide that info it'd be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

i got these, i'm not sure if i should equip them or stay as i am currently (minus the boots of course since i currently have the normal version)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=104424

http://www.wowhead.com/item=104467

http://www.wowhead.com/item=104541

7+ Year Old Account
    Those are some of your bis ( or close to it) but I would not recommend them until you are comfortable with your haste. Once you feel that you can maintain the breakpoint you want 14 or 18k then use those but again those are some of the BiS.
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2014-06-25 at 02:49 AM.

All three of those items are upgrades (none are really BiS, though). Without BBoYS it'll be difficult to hit the 18k haste breakpoint but the DP+3 breakpoint should be simple at your gear level. Make sure you set the AMR statweights identical for Mastery/Crit (default tends to favor mastery which is pretty meh).

Its not hard at all to hit 18200 haste. I did in in ToT with 549 ilvl. You just need pieces with base haste on them.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Its not hard at all to hit 18200 haste. I did in in ToT with 549 ilvl. You just need pieces with base haste on them.
    Did you even take a second to glance at the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Did you even take a second to glance at the thread?
    For those of us who have any cognitive ability, the last three posts have all said that you need BBOY to reach 18200, when you dont.

I didn't say it was necessary either, just that it's difficult without it.

Personally, I wouldn't go hard in the paint with haste just for that breakpoint when DP+3 would be fine w/ the gear this dude has right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    For those of us who have any cognitive ability, the last three posts have all said that you need BBOY to reach 18200, when you dont.
    Never said that, I said the reason I got it with such ease is BBoY.

Btw Drye maybe you should actually read a post before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    Never said that, I said the reason I got it with such ease is BBoY.

Btw Drye maybe you should actually read a post before posting.
    I can see this is going places... not hard to edit your post to change what you said. Regardless, my point still stands, it's not hard to reach 18200. All you need are pieces with base haste on them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can see this is going places... not hard to edit your post to change what you said. Regardless, my point still stands, it's not hard to reach 18200. All you need are pieces with base haste on them.
    You know only if it said "edited" under my comment which it does not. Try again

10+ Year Old Account
    Drye was obviously referring to the edit you made to post #8 here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Drye was obviously referring to the edit you made to post #8 here.
    Well it would not make sense that he would considering nothing in that post said BBoY only in the second post of the thread did I say anything about BBoY and that edit was before his post was even made.
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2014-06-26 at 01:51 AM.

I'm doing this right now:

-snip-

Just a quick and friendly reminder that usually we want more constructive posting than this, and posting only meme images or the like doesn't fulfill that criteria. :-)
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-06-26 at 03:50 PM.