a question that has been answer 100,000,00 ? Leveling Priest

Well here we go. i wanna level a priest. But i don't like shadow. i hear disc is good for it. But does it take me all the way to level 90? can i do it from 90 too 100 when WoD hits ? if so is there any tips on how should a disc priest should get ready to grind 90 - 100 ?

Thank you for the help and sorry for this question....

I levelled as disc. The only time I changed to shadow was to get a second timeless trinket.

It's slow, but you never die. I expect it would be doable in WoD - but I don't follow alpha patch notes for priests, so I can't tell you if there are changes that ruin it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible, but it will take you a LOT longer. What's so off putting about shadow? Mind blast and then mind flay everything, it's incredibly easy and does way more damage than disc.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

i mean shadow is ok. since im gonna level from 1-80 on disc then i thought might as well go all the way as it. Gonna be questing all the way. a few dungeons for quest but thats about it. Kinda thought there was a way to prepare to make a grind from 90 - 100 as a disc since alot of people just level as it.

I leveled as Holy. In Wrath, before they got DPS boosts.

You can level as anything, it just won't be as fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Basically what crakerjack said. Mind Blast into Mind Flay takes care of most mobs at lower levels. Higher up you might need Devouring plague before Mind Flay. In WoD with the glyph that makes Mind Blast always give 3 orbs on the first hit you deal to a mob, it should be one of the better levelling specs in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Level as disc through random dungeons, when you hit level 38 and learn atonement healing you can top dps while healing until 90. Makes every dungeon nice and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    It's possible, but it will take you a LOT longer. What's so off putting about shadow? Mind blast and then mind flay everything, it's incredibly easy and does way more damage than disc.
    That's actually not true while leveling. In my experience (I leveled a Priest 1-90 during 5.2 on a server I'd never played on before, so no heirlooms or anything) Disc just gets the job done better. Penance is amazing, things die so quickly. It was usually a matter of x1 Smite+Penance=dead for anything from 1-80, and then only ever so slightly slower from 80-90, but still faster than Shadow. Plus I was able to do the occasional dungeon queued as a healer, but still DPSing and contributing quite a bit of damage.

Definitely a lot more fun as Disc than Shadow, imo.

Leveled a priest as Disc recently and its extremely fast. Dungeons are quick because you can heal thru atonement so its basically an extra DPS.

Questing is ez because you can just dot stuff as you run by. If it doesn't die to your dot just stop for a bit, let all 10 things run up to you and throw out a few penance/smite because you wont die no matter how much is on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    Level as disc through random dungeons, when you hit level 38 and learn atonement healing you can top dps while healing until 90. Makes every dungeon nice and quick.
    Before that just PW: S whoever is taking damage and refresh it after it falls off. PW: S is OP at low level and rarely gets eaten through.

Deleted
    I always used to level as disc or holy. But that was because i wanted healing gear for when i hit max lvl. Wich is not really a problem now with loot spec :P I generally feel shadow can mass pull more and i just take healing os for dungeons.