Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Did Wildstar rip off Goblins from WoW? Lawsuit?

It seems to me that they did I was questing in Wildstar before I quit but I noticed something

-Neutral race (at one time)
    -Both are small races
    -Even if the picture doesn't show it they both have pointed long ears
    -They both have a silly story line

The list goes on, but I think there's really something to this. Do you think it would be possible for Blizzard to sue Carbine for this ripoff? Especiall since their devs came from WoW they probably stole it?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a hell of a stretch, clutching at straws I think.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Games Workshop ever try suing Blizzard? If they did, it sure as hell didn't work, and neither would this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're really reaching for this one.

The OP has a tendency (If you look at his post history) of making threads with really backhanded compliments at Blizzard/WoW. To the point that I would say his actions are very close to trolling. This thread seems like another notch in that belt.

Nobody would ever compare these two races as similar. Ever. And I think you know that.

One's a bunny, one's a goblin. Silly story line, small, and being neutral are fairly general too.

OP I 100% agree with you. Lead the charge and I shall follow!

those eyes will forever haunt my soul...... and goblins have been done sooo many times it's like western movies trying to sue each other because at one point there was a horse and a bar fight. and I really don't see any similarities at all besides being short.

That's a long way to stretch the straw...

I never noticed that before, you're a genius OP. alert blizzard at once

Why aren't you posting on your main account Jaylock?

Seriously though, you're not even grasping for straws at this point, you're just wildly flailing your arms in the air and throwing out accusations like a homeless man in front of the White House.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    It's like looking in a mirror!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should be sued for ripping off humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OMFG. I see it. They both use the color green!

Tolkien's son could be making a fortune sueing everyone!

Blizzard didn't "invent" goblins, orcs, dwarfs,... No idea who first wrote them first or w/e but it sure as fuck wasn't blizzard a good 15 years ago.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No? If anything, Chua are similar to WoW goblins. They're not neutral but they're small of stature, brilliant inventors, and they love to watch things explode. Not similar enough to be lawsuit material, but somewhat similar. Lopp aren't really anywhere close.. Apart from being small and neutral, of course.

Stupidest post ever? or Stupidest post ever?

Oh really? Well, let's go ahead and compare these two:

And before you say "but Warhammer Online came later than Warcraft!!11", Warhammer settings first published in 1983.
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    That wouldn't work, Orc's and Human's have a different number of chromosomes.
    WoW: The only fictional world where chromosomes matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethrysa View Post
    No? If anything, Chua are similar to WoW goblins. They're not neutral but they're small of stature, brilliant inventors, and they love to watch things explode. Not similar enough to be lawsuit material, but somewhat similar. Lopp aren't really anywhere close.. Apart from being small and neutral, of course.

Well I forgot the fact that both Goblins and Lopp love gold or 'shinies' which seems like a ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    Did Games Workshop ever try suing Blizzard? If they did, it sure as hell didn't work, and neither would this.
    And that would be because it's actually the other way around. Before WC1, Blizzard tried to obtain a liscense to make Games Workshop products. Games Workshop turned them down, Bliz found another financial backer and created WC1, but kept the original designs. The core of Warcraft art looks similar to Games Workshop stuff because that is what it was originally intended to be: Games Workshop'ish Art.