LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its gona sell pretty well.
    And you know why?
    Look down:

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    You don't have to quarry far, or dig deep. =P

Question is, will you be able to smell what they're cooking tonight?
    This pun wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I hate everyone who enable this shit by buying awful effortless crap
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It's kind of sad. YouTubers and streamers have so much sway in the games industry now that people are literally making games for the sole purpose of it making funny youtube content to try to profit off of the fanbases of whoever gives the game coverage.
    As soon as Kickstarter became big I knew it would ruin the gaming industry. And it slowly is killing the PC gaming industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It really is. People back these incredibly stupid concepts solely on how absurd they are and then every absurd youtuber and streamer gets off on it in front of their 500k+ plebeianic subscribers and the next thing you know, websites are writing articles about how these horrible 'games' are instant cult classics.

I guess kudos to the entry level developers that will make their nut on the backs of an ignorant hivemind.
    Isn't that basically what gaming has been doing since it's iteration and can now do it on a consumer creative scale? I mean, the literal only difference between stupid games now and stupid games 20 years ago is that it doesn't cost twenty thousand dollars and can actually be marketed through a virtual marketplace so it has a chance in the market.

And so the world moves forward.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I think it's time a second videogame industry crash happens... Rock simulator, seriously?
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Damn it! They want money now! $5000 to make the game.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/27/no...ts-your-money/

Time to pull out the wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Damn it! They want money now! $5000 to make the game.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/27/no...ts-your-money/

Time to pull out the wallet!
    It was a mistake, they are after $500 for funding

57% to completion! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...ator-2014#home

Well, I guess I'll donate my $15 for novelty's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want this game now.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

from the end of their F2P announcement,

"Again, thank you so much for all of your support and as bad as this pun is, we are not taking it for granite."

Hooray! Rock Simulator 2014 has completed Crowdfunding, less than 24 hours of it's opening. Look! More money is still being donated!

Lol, this is not going to have a happy ending, isn't it?

i could imagine rolling a rock down a hill as a physics simulation maybe have it bowling some random objects, just long periods of staring at a digital rock is well its quite sad really, when you can just go out side and find a real rock, and not be hampered by the restrictions you get in a simulated world.

real life rocks > rock simulator.

...Lame, and this is why I don't seem to play any new games now days. No I'm not fucking growing up...Its the industry making garbage.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not much different than the handful of silly joke games that appear on Kickstarter/Greenlight from time to time.
    Much like the goat simulator.

Somehow they are doing amazingly well though - people enjoy a bit of comedy so n then.
    I can't for the life of me figure out why they'd actually SPEND any money on it though...

At least a goat can, ya know, run around.
    A rock is just a rock,. unless you can start a rock slide and destroy towns,. block rivers, do mudslides, block up a volcanoe and cause an eruption,.. eh.

I'm sure their deadlines aren't "set in stone".
    Last edited by bbr; 2014-06-30 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    A rock is just a rock,. unless you can start a rock slide and destroy towns,. block rivers, do mudslides, block up a volcanoe and cause an eruption,.. eh.
    I'll play this game while blasting "Rock you like a Hurricane".

Although if you could do that in this game I would actually play the hell out of it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Http://m.pcgamer.com/2014/06/25/rock...eam-greenlight

The game we've all been waiting for! A PC exclusive, single player game where you stare at rocks and their environments. Imagine! It's like a fishtank, but just rocks!

Hooray for insanity!

Getting pretty sick and tired of all this "whimsical" and "random" bullshit. It was enough with bloody goat simulator, that actually some merit to it. But this is just idiotic.

I think this trend has gone from amusing to stupid. That we're at "rock simulator" tells me the fad is about done.

PS. For a better "rock simulator" play Giant Boulder of Death, a game by Pik Pok (same people behind Robot Unicorn Attack).

10+ Year Old Account
    *stares*....i ...what...why.... *crys*

10+ Year Old Account
    So... It's a glorified screensaver/wallpaper?