Thread: RIP Fury

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Arms using WW still feels horrible to me, I've started using it on live whilst questing or farming just to try to get used to the shitty animation but...no. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashthree View Post
    This thread feels somewhat relevant again.
    2014/09/17

Why do people care if it's just 3 buttons, when i play my DW frost dk (ilvl579) the rotation is use is spamm HB, spamm frost strike and refresh blood plague with plague strike.. and i like it, so why do people complain about this change or smaller rotation? I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Why do people care if it's just 3 buttons, when i play my DW frost dk (ilvl579) the rotation is use is spamm HB, spamm frost strike and refresh blood plague with plague strike.. and i like it, so why do people complain about this change or smaller rotation? I don't get it
    MM Hunter is literally 3 buttons. With 2 extra buttons for Execute phase and Major class CD. Making it 5 total. That we ever use. Ever. :|

I've played EA DLC with more depth.
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".

mop fury was an almost complete, perfect spec. I never had as much fun playing any spec in this game before. why take it away from us? what for?

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    mop fury was an almost complete, perfect spec. I never had as much fun playing any spec in this game before. why take it away from us? what for?
    Because everyone should be able to play without thinking and still don't loose any dps for doing so... I guess? Who knows how blizzard is thinking

Because everyone should be able to play without thinking and still don't loose any dps for doing so... I guess? Who knows how blizzard is thinking
    still dont get the oversimplification. and its not just us, many classes getting that treatment. but why? mythic is meant for the elite. you wont find casual friends and family raids in there, its not meant for them, they re getting "normal" and "heroic". wheres the logic? pruning was necessary, but this?

Deleted
    Complaints about 3 button rotation are so weird. Main ability that activates procs for other abilities is perhaps my favorite gameplay style, although my ideal for a near-perfect rotation would have a management buff(say 10% increased damage for 20 seconds) and a DoT(say 15 seconds, different from the management buff duration) in addition to the main ability and proc-activated secondary ability/abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    Gladiator plays almost exactly like it, just play that.

Quote Originally Posted by Achren View Post
    I think one of Blizzard's goals is to cater wow to a new generation of players, and are therefore making the game more child-friendly in certain ways, the dumbing-down of abilities being one of the major changes.
    yeah, I totally get that. that is the underlying fallacy behind all their fuck ups lately. its just: there wont be a new generation. mmorpg are not cool anymore. kids play lol these days. from here on out its only going down. so why alienate your true fanbase?

Deleted
    I think it comes down to something like this:

- I want to play my fury warrior during progression competitively.
    - Can it push out good numbers compared to the rest? Yes
    - Can i have have fun while playing it? No

- I want to play gladiator during progression competitively.
    - Can it push out good numbers compared to the rest? Maybe single target, cleave/aoe (most 1st tier) noope!
    - Can i have fun while playing it? Sure.

- Can i have fun while pushing out good numbers like SoO fury? noope

Rest in RIP in peace.

Deleted
    Really gonna miss the mists playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by superslim View Post
    Really gonna miss the mists playstyle
    then play gladiator

If you choose to raid mythic, gladiator is most likely a suboptimal choice so that's really great advice. Kinda like you see lots and lots of sub or assassination rogues instead of combat, or frost mages everywhere in raids, or demonology because everyone plays what they prefer in heroic.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    ..my ideal for a near-perfect rotation would have a management buff(say 10% increased damage for 20 seconds) and a DoT(say 15 seconds, different from the management buff duration) in addition to the main ability and proc-activated secondary ability/abilities.
    First of all ill just say "One more OMG the sky is falling topic."
    If people want something like managing buffs then roll a monk, enhance, if people want complexity in their rotation roll an Enhance. Sure many will say "thats not the point" or start bashing me.
    Ill be honest here and say that im NOT a hardcore fury player, but fury is my main alt and i do play it quite often. Im not so much dedicated at min-maxing warr as i am to my main, but i do have the feel for warr and i do play fury since FL. With that being said, dont get me wrong, but why exactly are you guys saying "RIP Fury?" They took away HS, Stance from fury and nerfed some of the spells to match new game model and you buried complete spec cause of that? How many of you exactly played new fury and spent some time on it giving minimal effort to see whats going on instead just logging on warr and coming on forums to post "OMG.." Fury is still top dps spec, dumbed down? i dont thing so, you'll have to manage Raging Blow stacks and your rage a bit better to fit new interaction model between RB and CS. You'll have to decide is it worth tossing in one more BT for a chance to get a RB stack to extend CS window, is RB stack even worth using it if it procs, or decide will you empty your rage pool and save your RB for next CS.
    Sure rotation has changed and it will take some time getting used to, but when you get used to fury is fun as it has always been.
    Gladiator rotation feels completely like current fury on Live and it has been stated several times by blue posters that IT WILL BE competitive DPS spec, as for its AoE.. Revenge+TC+Ravager. The only issue which i see with dedicated Gladiator is that they will be gear starving during progression run unless they decide to go tanking as tanking gear will go to tanks first.
    I do welcome constructive discussion and i like to take a part of it, to share and read other people opinions, but by reading last few pages this sounds more like QQing than constructive discussion.
    Look at the rogues for god sake, they are sitting in corner with big puppy eyes "Everybody got something new, we didnt for last.. two, or three expansions."

Quote Originally Posted by Eno View Post
    If people want something like managing buffs then roll a monk, enhance, if people want complexity in their rotation roll an Enhance. Sure many will say "thats not the point" or start bashing me.
    Ill be honest here and say that im NOT a hardcore fury player, but fury is my main alt and i do play it quite often. Im not so much dedicated at min-maxing warr as i am to my main, but i do have the feel for warr and i do play fury since FL. With that being said, dont get me wrong, but why exactly are you guys saying "RIP Fury?" They took away HS, Stance from fury and nerfed some of the spells to match new game model and you buried complete spec cause of that? How many of you exactly played new fury and spent some time on it giving minimal effort to see whats going on instead just logging on warr and coming on forums to post "OMG.." Fury is still top dps spec, dumbed down? i dont thing so, you'll have to manage Raging Blow stacks and your rage a bit better to fit new interaction model between RB and CS. You'll have to decide is it worth tossing in one more BT for a chance to get a RB stack to extend CS window, is RB stack even worth using it if it procs, or decide will you empty your rage pool and save your RB for next CS.
    Sure rotation has changed and it will take some time getting used to, but when you get used to fury is fun as it has always been.
    Gladiator rotation feels completely like current fury on Live and it has been stated several times by blue posters that IT WILL BE competitive DPS spec, as for its AoE.. Revenge+TC+Ravager. The only issue which i see with dedicated Gladiator is that they will be gear starving during progression run unless they decide to go tanking as tanking gear will go to tanks first.
    I do welcome constructive discussion and i like to take a part of it, to share and read other people opinions, but by reading last few pages this sounds more like QQing than constructive discussion.
    Look at the rogues for god sake, they are sitting in corner with big puppy eyes "Everybody got something new, we didnt for last.. two, or three expansions."
    So basically you don't play the warrior a lot, you didn't bother following why the changes are bad, you didn't read this thread or the other warrior threads and instead only looked at the title and the last 2 pages, and now you're telling us that we are wrong and should just roll another class if we want a fun spec that doesn't revolve around just hitting buttons whenever. Gotcha, makes it easy to ignore your post.

snip
    Perhaps you should keep updated on warrior changes before bashing other peoples opinions. Colossus Smash is removed.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know how much Warriors would give to be in that camp right now? I'd literally be ok with not having level 100 talents to go back to MoP 5.4 Fury and 4.3 Arms.

Deleted
    Most of the people complaining about wod fury have given it a try on the beta, and tested it on every raid boss. Most if not all of the guys behind every piece of warrior theorycraft out there have complained about changes to fury, simply because it is CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE. The ONLY reasoning behind the fury gutting has been that it was unintuitive and hard to understand the basics of the spec for newcomers. Later they changed the speech and justified changes because of the theme, the same argument behind arms changes.

What hurts the fellow warriors is the incompetence of the dev team. They couldn't come up with a single creative idea to narrow the gap for newcomers, all they did was cut stuff, effectively dumbing down the spec (This is the definition of dumbing down something) by cutting everything they couldn't fit into their idea of what fury should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    So basically you don't play the warrior a lot, you didn't bother following why the changes are bad, you didn't read this thread or the other warrior threads and instead only looked at the title and the last 2 pages, and now you're telling us that we are wrong and should just roll another class if we want a fun spec that doesn't revolve around just hitting buttons whenever. Gotcha, makes it easy to ignore your post.
    Actually no, i play my warrior for "alt runs" but, as i said, im NOT min maxing him, that means i do play him and i do read changes that are happening but im not following much theoryc that is happening behind changes, but i do read other threads in this forum too to keep my self in the loop. I did look last pages and i said that they are more QQing than constructive replies.
    As i stated i never went deep in the theoryc for fury's so, mechanically wise i didnt say a thing, nor i said that you or anyone else wrong for pointing out mechanical flaws of new rotation. Last few pages were more orientated on playstyle and how much fun are the changes, where i read a lot of qqing to "fun factor" that new rotation brings so i replied to that from my personal opinion after playing fury since FL and last couple of months in beta. So by saying that spec is more fun than it actually looks on first look is nothing bad, right?
    Of course, i expected that my line about rolling a monk or enhance would be flamed so its nothing new, i dont say that you need to or that you should reroll as all "core" stuff is still there as it always was. I said that, based on a quote that i posted about "near-perfect rotation," where stuff like DoTs are mentioned, DoTs that fury doesnt have (outside Bloodbath) quite some time now.
    Again, i must specify that i havent mentioned anything about mechanic as i already said, i was refering to "fun" factor which i claimed that is still there after short time that it took me to get used to changes. I havent read much lately about warrior changes, theoryc that i read up to was just before RB got buffed to extend CS window, personally the change that i really dont like so i stopped there and im not involving my self in theoryc topics as i would do more damage than contribute.
    My point was that warrior is still "fun" to play because all "core stuff" is still there, explained why i think so and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Most of the people complaining about wod fury have given it a try on the beta, and tested it on every raid boss. Most if not all of the guys behind every piece of warrior theorycraft out there have complained about changes to fury, simply because it is CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE. The ONLY reasoning behind the fury gutting has been that it was unintuitive and hard to understand the basics of the spec for newcomers. Later they changed the speech and justified changes because of the theme, the same argument behind arms changes.

What hurts the fellow warriors is the incompetence of the dev team. They couldn't come up with a single creative idea to narrow the gap for newcomers, all they did was cut stuff, effectively dumbing down the spec (This is the definition of dumbing down something) by cutting everything they couldn't fit into their idea of what fury should be.
    I agree on this, a LOT of stuff has been simply removed, made passive or cut out for the sake of dumbing the class, not just warriors but several more. I for one dont support that kind of policy where theres small learning curve. I support steep learning curves that simply define are you a good or exceptional warrior. Im in WoW since day 1 of vanilla up until now and for that time i'we been on and off couple of times. For me BC and LK were the best expansions that this game served where learning curve was extremely high and there was a clear definition between dedicated and casual player. I do agree that dev team simply went bonkers and its full lazyness they dumbed down the game so much that its funny to see it. I must again mention different class here and say: just look what they did to druids DoC in WoD, in all their lazyness they split it into two talents now.
    Ill be honest here and say that personally i LOVED the idea of warriors having a dot or short buff that they had to manage and, for me, ignite weapon was perfect for a warrior. but they removed it for the sake of dumbing down the spec and gave us modified Stormbolt instead of it. During that phase of beta i had great fun playing my fury. I already mentioned RB change to affect CS a bith higher so i wont mention it here again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoic View Post
    You know how much Warriors would give to be in that camp right now? I'd literally be ok with not having level 100 talents to go back to MoP 5.4 Fury and 4.3 Arms.
    I Presume, from what i saw lvl 100 talents are quite.. unimaginative and i was quite disappointed when i saw them. A lot of them looks like split talents from MoP (5.4 Dream of Cenarius > 6.0 Dream of Cenarius+Bloodtalons), next to them are the talents that are copy/paste (Holy Avenger > Serenity) just their "theme" has been changed to fit the class they are put to.
    TBH, to me, it looks like devs spent far to much time on "world" and everything in it than on classes in game as im really disappointed in pretty much 70% of talents implemented, specially since i expected much from lvl100 talents, like iconic lvl100.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    Perhaps you should keep updated on warrior changes before bashing other peoples opinions. Colossus Smash is removed.
    Crisius, i know that You are a great poster and that you contributed much to community, i do keep up with Your posts, but i really need to ask you, are you sure? I was playing fury/arms just last night and CS was there. Again, since You said that my post was bashing, i must stress out that i was referring to FUN factor about which i read last few pages, i never mentioned or got into any mechanical stuff behind fury.

Edit: I just now read up on upcoming fury changes. Damn, i dont like them even more now. D:
    Last edited by Gurg; 2014-09-17 at 05:23 PM. Reason: typos