Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some positive monk changes.Exploding Palm still doesn't suit me. Don't like the idea of a dot that you have to keep on when you kill someone. Especially in a game where 90% of effects can't be seen, so you never know if it worked. Tempest Rush changes are good. While I didn't mind the channel cost, it never worked overall because your gear had to focus too hard on spirit regen.

I guess the new Seize the Initiative is good. Can't really say.

The offensive skills from the Ally are still pretty crap.

It only took a couple of hours for the dingbats on /r/diablo to begin screaming "OP" about the legendary gems, one day Blizz will add something fun to the game and it'll make it from PTR to live untouched...one day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    It only took a couple of hours for the dingbats on /r/diablo to begin screaming "OP" about the legendary gems, one day Blizz will add something fun to the game and it'll make it from PTR to live untouched...one day
    Noting fun about having immortal pets with 100% CHC. Also nothing fun about having to find new gear w/o any CHC and replace all items you currently have. Sentry DHs are strong enough as it is, and if they don't change the scaling it will just be ridiculous.

(referring to the Enforcer legendary gem, (20+1.5*gem rank)% CHC for pets and invulnerable pets @rank 50)
    Last edited by mmoc004bc643ae; 2014-07-11 at 12:05 PM.

So, is there any reason you can't use 3 legendary gems? Like, one in each piece of jewelry? Seems to me like you stack 3 damage ones, get them to a high rank, and suddenly you murder anything in just a hit or two.

To both posters above: you need a lot less than that to be an unstoppable killing machine

Also, Sentires are already immortal, i wouldn't get that gem when i can get
    http://media-diablofans.cursecdn.com...thetrapped.jpg
    http://media-diablofans.cursecdn.com...flightning.PNG
    http://media-diablofans.cursecdn.com...fswiftness.jpg
    http://media-diablofans.cursecdn.com...ofvengence.PNG

Pet stones are way better of use on WDs. Permanent army of fetishes is a lot more powerful, especially if they're going to make different Fetish Army runes to correctly affect the fetishes damage (thus scaling with elemnatl damge % and not only phisical).

EDIT: legendary gems are unique-equipped, it's possible you can just equip only one (even if they're different).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    snip
    The only gem that works well out of those 4 is the last one, damage based off your range. The conduit is alright, for your follower. The problem with the other 3 is that ( for DHs ) is that they do not work with sentries, sentries don't benefit from "on hit" stuff(conduit only procs from actions you do, ie placing the sentry, casting Multi shot, trail of cinder etc). Ive been testing most of the gems, the dmg from impaired effects dont work with sentries, currently the best one to use is the crit chance for pets. Match that with singled out for rift boss and you will basically gave 100% crit chance.

Im hoping they change how sentries interact with gems because atm they only work with a few. Because that dmg from impairing would be nice.

Edit: currently you can equip multiple gems ( and 3 on follower). But feel like this is not intended.
    Also beckonsail is gone but 2 piece shadow works like brokensail did.
    Last edited by Nightsorrow12; 2014-07-11 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Seems like monks will be viable in 2.1 at least.

(jk this will be fixed before release and monks will still suck)
    Last edited by mmoc004bc643ae; 2014-07-11 at 05:30 PM.

Any speculation on when it's coming out?

My barb can clear Torment 2, at a decent rate of about 10-15 minute rifts, with deaths only from gib combos. My gear sucks, and I was wondering what I should be aiming for in terms of spec and gear.

Earthen plus Lut Socks?

I have only 1 pieces of Earthen and I haven't found a Lut Socks yet, after 3k shards. After 300 boxes on Normal, 200 on Torment 1, and 50 or so on Torment 2, I haven't found a RRoG. I'm so unlucky.

What am I looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Anderzon View Post
    Noting fun about having immortal pets with 100% CHC. Also nothing fun about having to find new gear w/o any CHC and replace all items you currently have. Sentry DHs are strong enough as it is, and if they don't change the scaling it will just be ridiculous.

(referring to the Enforcer legendary gem, (20+1.5*gem rank)% CHC for pets and invulnerable pets @rank 50)
    The pet one wasn't really mentioned because yeah that one is just...back to the drawing board but really any source of extra damage is welcome because judging by the leader boards (all the bullshit 2 minute level 100 clears aside) most normal people are stuck around level 30-40

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsorrow12 View Post
    -snip-
    They fixed that - i know for sure that sentires now benefit and grant the slow for cull the weak, so the legendary gem that works better is the one with the slow. Also cold damage builds are working really well on PTR; the cc provided make GR runs much better.

EDIT: new cold damage turrets seem to be working well with any elemental build because of the synergy with CotW too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anderzon View Post
    Seems like monks will be viable in 2.1 at least.
    It's alreadu fixed - changes to exploding palm are made for that. Seems that levels between 30-40 are the goal atm.

They fixed that - i know for sure that sentires now benefit and grant the slow for cull the weak, so the legendary gem that works better is the one with the slow
    Yea i knew they fixed the cull of weak with sentries, but after testing with the gem the numbers werent increasing w/ the dmg to impaired targets. Once i get online ill check again.

But yea ive been running a fire build with the polar station sentries, it is really convenient. .
    Anyone else find the new rapid fire crossbow? I found a pretty well rolled one, but i have mixed feelings about it for GRs. It does pretty good constant dmg but standing still in a GR is almost impossible unless you're far enough away or at guardian, or easier pack.

Just logged from the PTR after messing around with 6pc Firebird set and I must say I'm not impressed. With what you lose out on, wearing 6 pieces (or 5 pieces + Royal ring) is still a crap ton of useless items. For the curious, with Gem of Efficacious Toxin, it does in fact burn forever once you break 3000% until they die.

If you really wanted to, you can just activate archon form which is already over 3000% on some greater rift 30 boss lets say, and go make a sandwich. Come back a few minutes later and it'll be dead.
    Last edited by Icpie; 2014-07-13 at 05:51 AM.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsorrow12 View Post
    Yea i knew they fixed the cull of weak with sentries, but after testing with the gem the numbers werent increasing w/ the dmg to impaired targets. Once i get online ill check again.

But yea ive been running a fire build with the polar station sentries, it is really convenient. .
    Anyone else find the new rapid fire crossbow? I found a pretty well rolled one, but i have mixed feelings about it for GRs. It does pretty good constant dmg but standing still in a GR is almost impossible unless you're far enough away or at guardian, or easier pack.
    very likely bugged gem if everything goes like i plan, and mr yan decides to drop, EA/CA turrets + Strafe ;D

About the xbow - i tried on ptr and while RF hits like a truck, still it's a too stationary skill and you get penalized a lot if yuou have to move around, so it's a no-no for me.

Even if i did 100 paragon in vanilla with RF-bombardement because of the synergy/bug with Shadow Power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gem powers (not drops) are disabled. They were causing servers to crash whenever they proc'd.

So even more skills poison damage got converted to cold/physical/fire for DH but not only that but Wizard poison skills also got converted.

I think this is a slow end to poison damage in the future.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Well, poison is heavily represented by WD. Also i see it as a prerequisite to open up space for another poison class - while tehre's not heavy support for poison, adding more items obver time will be easy and generally elemental damage can be rolled for any piece.

Holy damage is used effectively only by Crusader and monk. DH were all calling for more Cold dmg support since the passives, while poison has never been great due to it tied to less used/not viable skills.

poison would be fine on a WD if we had more poison augumented skills. the only noted ones are acid cloud, rain of toads, and locust swarm. im sure theres more but none of them really get used so not much need to mention them. id love to see more poison on Dhs too, i mean u can light your arrows on fire im sure u could poison them too.

has anyone seen Dhs on the ptr atm? wanting to know if they are OP as rumoured.

They're not OP as WD, Wizards and to some degree crusaders. DHs are actually viable (and pretty good) only with Mara6, otherwise, you need to farm it and there are not a lot of different options; also Mara bonus is fixed in PTR making it even stronger than on live.

Barbarian are also in a good spot with cold damage builds, don't know about other options.

I don't get it. Remove half of poison skills from WD and DH, adds a poison leg gem

/sigh

Not to mention the only remaining (4?) poison skills for DH absolutely sucks have no synergy with each other. I actually had a poison build I was working on for DH but then it got turned into half cold and half fire :l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: new cold damage turrets seem to be working well with any elemental build because of the synergy with CotW too.
    Extremely happy to hear this. While I'm having a blast with full Marauder's Set/Cluster Arrow build, I much more enjoyed playing with a good Buriza's I had in the 60-65 range. Will be very happy when I get another one with good stats so that I can switch over my build to Cold Damage again rather than fire.