Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbynather View Post
    I can guarantee you that more violence happens inside the abortion clinic than has ever happened outside.
    Troof.

The vast majority of abortion protests are prayer vigils, many of which silent, or the civilly offered informational pamphlet. If that is enough to really shame or traumatize someone going inside to transact their business, that is probably instructive about the nature of the business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    See, this isn't a legitimate complaint.

You have a right to free speech.

You do not have a right to an audience. You have no right whatsoever to get the attention of any particular individuals, or catch their eyes. That isn't a right, in any way, shape, or form.
    I disagree. If we didnt have the right to be seen, then what is to stop cities from forcing anyone who wants to protest anything to go do it in a closed parking garage that they designate as a protest area

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    because in many states the legislators set up trap laws on how the building has to be laid out
    Seems like it would be relatively easy to just make the building inaccessible by having a light security controlled access to the parking lot and building. Lots of places do this, is zoning on medical buildings different than other commercial?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I've never understood why these clinics don't just build and design their property to make these kinds of protests impossible.
    Exactly. If they dont want people to be within earshot of protesters, then they should locate the entrance in the back of the clinic, and buy a piece of land that has a large private parking lot or build an enclosed parking garage, like many Adult toy stores do

The bufferzone on protesting the supreme court now exceeds the one protecting abortion clinics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I can guarantee you more violence has happened outside abortion clinics than has ever happened inside.
    Sure about that? Over 50 million innocent lives have been brutally lost since 1970 on the inside of abortion clinics, and that doesn't include women who died as a result of botched abortion.

[Infracted - derailing and trolling]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-06-26 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Exactly. If they dont want people to be within earshot of protesters, then they should locate the entrance in the back of the clinic, and buy a piece of land that has a large private parking lot or build an enclosed parking garage, like many Adult toy stores do
    And nobody would think of protesting the entrances of those, would they...........

10+ Year Old Account
    People should be allowed to protest. Come at me and you don't step away after my telling you to back off, you'll get pepper sprayed again.

Seems like it would be relatively easy to just make the building inaccessible by having a light security controlled access to the parking lot and building. Lots of places do this, is zoning on medical buildings different than other commercial?
    then protesters just lay down in the parking lot access where it crosses the sidewalk in front of the clinic

Sure about that? Over 50 million innocent lives have been brutally lost since 1970 on the inside of abortion clinics, and that doesn't include women who died as a result of botched abortion.
    Yup. Billions of people have died outside abortion clinics, not to mention all the violence that leaves people alive but in pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing brutal about it. Better than a coat hanger to the face.

ok something you need to understand WE DON'T CONSIDER IT A LIFE LOST BECAUSE IT IS NOT YET A PERSON

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I disagree. If we didnt have the right to be seen, then what is to stop cities from forcing anyone who wants to protest anything to go do it in a closed parking garage that they designate as a protest area
    And now you're frantically moving goalposts.

50 million innocent lives
    innocent lives
    And here...we...go
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

if someone is protesting on your property, intimidating customers and refuses to leave can you shoot them?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a thread about protest buffer restrictions.

This is not a thread about abortion itself.

Keep the thread on-topic, folks.

then protesters just lay down in the parking lot access where it crosses the sidewalk in front of the clinic
    I would be very surprised if laying down in the road and blocking traffic was legal. Parking lots aren't required to have sidewalks that cross over their entrances, which is where smart layout would come into play.

I would be very surprised if laying down in the road and blocking traffic was legal. Parking lots aren't required to have sidewalks that cross over their entrances, which is where smart layout would come into play.
    at some point you need to cross from public sidewalks or roads onto the private property, they just go where you cross and block it there

10+ Year Old Account

[Infracted]
    As usual, Endus up to his usual tricks of infracting posts he disagrees with.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

at some point you need to cross from public sidewalks or roads onto the private property, they just go where you cross and block it there
    That's my point: design the parking lot access so there is no need to drive over a sidewalk. Position that entrance either behind the main building, or design some sort of features that block that area from view, and people will only have to see/hear them for a few seconds as they drive by.

That's a lot different than having someone actually up in your face yelling.