Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

An MMO similar to WoW but with better graphics?

I recently got an R9 290 with an i7 and not even ultra settings do the game justice. I've also burned out almost all of its mid and high level content (since late vanilla) and I'd like something new. Is there an mmo with similar gameplay and quality but with better graphics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift looks a lot better than WoW, and plays very similar imo.

Deleted
    No. That's why we play WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Rift looks a lot better than WoW, and plays very similar imo.
    This is the answer. Rift is quite similar to WoW in playstyle and quality, but has much better graphics.

Final Fantasy 14? Rift? Swtor?

Anything really.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

If you believe the "wow killers" arguments then every game is wow done better, and with better graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

probably rift imo, i've played a bunch of mmos and rift is perhaps the only one i can think of that is practically the same as wow but with better graphics, hell if you do conquest (3 way bg) unless you have your own norad i don't see how anyone gets more than 20fps in that clusterfk of a battle ground. last time i did a conquest when 2 teams met i honestly had no more than 5fps. rest of the game runs quite well on my rig but i think it could be a good one to try on ultra if you have the rig for it.

and its free so you can try it and if you don't like it then it didn't cost you anything but time. its not like it forces you to buy anything to make the game more fuller either, swtor has quite a lot of paywalls compared to rift. but it does have a better fidelity than wow.

the only thing i think the wow killers lack is the years upon years of patches and content deliveries, rift is sort of like what wow was like during classic i feel but perhaps with features from later expansions like badges and heroics. but the premise is the same, get to max level, farm dungeons, farm rifts, get as many epics as you can pre-raiding, then start raiding. exactly the same progression mechanics just slightly more currencies.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-06-27 at 01:51 PM.

Rift is very similar, but I prefer the feel to WoW. Its all opinon-based, so go try stuff out for yourself, most MMOs seem to be FtP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    This is the answer. Rift is quite similar to WoW in playstyle and quality, but has much better graphics.
    It's not flowing as well as WoW is though.

Try Guild Wars 2. It's really nothing like wow, but it's an amazing game. With amazing graphics.

Anything really, most of the modern MMORPG's of today are very similar to WoW.

Rift, Star Wars The Old Republic, & Final Fantasy 14 is perhaps something you want to look at.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Anything really, most of the modern MMORPG's of today are very similar to WoW.

Rift, Star Wars The Old Republic, & Final Fantasy 14 is perhaps something you want to look at.
    Yep. Everything. Try Star Wars, a friend of mine still likes it. Most are f2p while FF 14 is sub I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    while FF 14 is sub I believe.
    For now.

They keep hinting that they may make the switch if they think it will make them more money. They've been poking around micro transactions even.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    I couldn't get into Rift myself, but Wildstar is another one with pretty graphics and a playstyle similar to WoW.

I have played nearly every MMO I can get my hands on and I have to say Rift or Wildstar are the closest to WOW with better graphics. My favorite MMO that has released in recent years though is by Far The Secret World, I love the horror theme, the ability's tied to the weapons you have equipped, and the need for only1 character that can do everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try out Archeage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get into FF 14. Yes it has a sub but you get an expansion worth of content every 3 months. That alone is worth a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    For now.

They keep hinting that they may make the switch if they think it will make them more money. They've been poking around micro transactions even.
    FF XI still has a subscription and that's 10 years old. Going F2P or even B2P would ruin this game's duty finder, endgame, and community. I hope Squeenix is not that desperate, this game is basically my last bastion of hope for MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar is almost a carbon copy of WoW in terms of the way most gameplay elements feel, with a unique twist on combat.

Wildstar is the latest one, otherwise I would say Rift. Rift has a new expansion dropping this year so it could be a good time for you to pick it up, they just recently released the new set of raids as well.