New patch enchanting costs

So this is part griping, and part making sure I'm not missing something.

I'm very close to getting my long term "dream" set (although not the best rolls, but gear wise). So much work goes into this as you all know. And most of the items I've had to enchant a rediculous amount of times to get the proper ability damage modifiers.

So when the new patch comes out, it looks like i'll need to switch my builds. For my legendary set pieces, am I really going to have to start the enchanting all over again, costing rediculous amounts each try? They should consider resetting the costs when a new major content patch comes out. No way I'll be able to change them to the proper new damage abilities. Looks like I'm going to have to come close to starting over gear wise when new patch comes out. Am I missing something????

Enchanting is part of the long term play mechanisms of Diablo 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    Am I missing something????
    It's a game where you're meant to grind long term to enchant. They have never refunded anything in other games either, nor should they.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your build does not work after patch then yes to have to gather a gearset that fits your new build.

But if your gear is pretty overall. then keep and switch build. depends on the build
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I'm not sure what class you are, I'd guess monk. But no, the game changes, things are buffed and are now good, and things and nerfed and now suck, or suck even more than they already did. We're all probably going to have to do a little adjusting, others might have to do a lot, that's just how it goes.

But another thing to keep in mind, that realm of greed thing is coming, and you get a ton of gold from it at the moment(there's a video in the video thread stickied at the top), so, depending on the rarity of that, and if it's kept the way it is now, gold might not be too big of an issue anymore for those who don't have much.

RiF. Get you a full set of W/E gear you want in a week, with decent rolls.
    That said, what do you play that suddenly gets an "unviable" spec? I've seen nothing but buffs. Or do you mean it suddenly becomes "unviable" because something else is stronger? If so, then yea. Off you go to get a new set. Or stick with what you have that's still perfectly viable, but not the best.

Atleast you can say rifts serves a purpose besides gear for you then OP. Diablo 3 has just way to little content inn generale, so what does another grind hurts, that just sort off happens by playing?

You could also have flipped on the AH before it closed down. I know many not into that at all, but I did and enjoyed it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO