7+ Year Old Account

Heroic spoils 10m

We recently got to heroic spoils and I need help figuring out a strat that works.

One guide I seen said

Open pand 1 drop it to 40%, open panda 2, kill 1, then drop 2 to drop to 40%

Boss crate (with 1 or two smalls)

small/mediums till 36

second boss crate

another guide said

Same opener with pandas

open boss crate (with some smalls)

ignore second boss and open every small/medium.

Can anyone give some advice as to a more optimal route? We gave it about 15 attempts last night and were wiping around 40 energy in the first room but maybe we were doing something wrong. We were using the first strat and our healers were having issues healing the second boss damage.
    We were also debating doing Thok first before we did spoils, how much harder than spoils is thok?

Thanks ahead of time

Our comp atm is

One side

Blood DK
    Resto druid
    ret pally
    hunter
    warlock

Prot War
    Disc Priest
    Ele Shaman
    Spriest
    Fury War
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2014-06-26 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Theres a lot of threads around with maps of how people do it. Ask 10 people and you will get 10 different opinions. We do the first method (more or less)

I dislike the second one because of the number of sparks it generates. If you open the large at the start and end then it allows dps and healer CD's to come up again.

Both of the sides larges can be tough to heal. Mogu side if the little adds are up he aoe's harder which can be a killer. Mantid side can suck when the healer has bombs 24/7.

Your second team seems to have a lot more raid cooldowns than the first. 2x banner and cry, barrier, AG, HTT and vampiric embrace.
    First team has a tranq and a devo.
    I'd mix that up a little , perhaps swopping the priest and the hunter.

I'd rate Spoils miles easier than Thok.

If you where doing the first strat how where you wiping at around 40 energy while on the 2nd boss? That means you basically spawned 2 or more crates that you didn't need to.

There is no reason to delay opening the pandas. You should have a dps run over to the 2nd one and pop it open, tank should also spawn 2 smalls to aoe with the pandas. Spawn the boss then spawn every medium(spawn 2-3 at a time just make sure you mark a focus one so dps isn't split and spawning multiple sparks at the exact same time) spawn last boss. You need 3 more smalls on top of all this which you can spawn at any point during the bosses or mediums where you feel comfortable and cleave them down.

2nd strat to me sounds counter productive to heroic mechanics.

The disc should have no problem healing the mogu bosses(absorbs > large cooldown aoe) and the resto druid should have no problem healing the mantid bosses(hots+instant aoes > constant ticking aoe). Both could probably use help when doing vice versa.

Group 2 is more stacked with raid CDs then Group 1. You should swap the tanks to remedy this, it will also even out raid buffs more.

The best strat with the lowest dps requirement is Open 1 panda and 2 small boxes, then 1 panda and 2 smalls open 1 big add tank in the middle, then open 2 meds then open 1 big tank in the middle then 2meds then 2 meds. This will spawn only 12 unstable sparks. And no more than 2 will be up at any time, with time in between to dps the boss adds. With luck with RNG you should only get 2 urns or 2 cuchongs in the whole encounter lowering the HPS needed. Pray for the healer buff and GG.

It's a bit of trial and error based on your group. What worked for us was to have both panda boxes open at the same time, kill them and then move to the first 'boss' box, opening a small here and there as it died, then moving to the second of the 'boss' boxes and then going from there. Also make sure you have someone prepared to focus the sparks.

In terms of difficulty Spoils was probably easier for us, although Thok is probably not 'hard' (from the point of view that mechanics wise there's not much new to learn) it is a real test of your raids healing than anything else. H Thok is kind of the healing version of a DPS check boss.

This is from a tanking POV, but what I do. Starting on Mantid Side.

1 = Both Pandas + 1 small = Kill all
    2 = Open MASSIVE with 2nd panda almost dead. DPS massive hard.
    3 = Open 2 Mediums with massive at 20%. Pull mediums to next MEDIUM, keep opening 1 medium as others die.
    4 = On 4th medium open a 2nd small.
    5 = When you open the last 2 mediums (near the 2nd massive) open 2 smalls with them.
    6 = Open the last massive by itself

This is exactly 50 points and will spawn the fewest orbs. I do the same thing on Mogu Side. I have a youtube video of this but apparently I can't post links on the forums. I'm a Blood DK.
    Last edited by Monoliith; 2014-06-27 at 06:21 AM.