Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Seems like it's disingenuous to call it a "cultures" vision of beauty, more like the random individual who photoshopped it.

Saying "Still, the project dispels the myth of a singular beauty norm" seems dumb too, isn't that obvious without dumping time into a study? I'm pretty sure my ideal environment of beauty would be different from just about any other random internet posters or the guy nextdoor.

Yeah this is completely flawed... you'd have to get at least 10 from each country and check for correlation. I guarantee most of these are personal preferences rather than "cultural".

Deleted
    The Philippines: "Hair, needs much more hair."

But the US one has to be kidding. WTF?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all the people bitching about how bad people's photoshop skills are should take a crack at this themselves and load it up to the forums.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Let's see what you come up with using the original photo.
    Did I offend you somehow? Oh you made the US one then? I certainly won't waste my take faking pictures of a random women, besides I don't have the gusto to pirate a version of photoshop at the moment. That is also probably the reason why I didn't volunteer to make one of these for some kind of random blog post .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Did I offend you somehow? Oh you made the US one then? I certainly won't waste my take faking pictures of a random women, besides I don't have the gusto to pirate a version of photoshop at the moment. That is also probably the reason why I didn't volunteer to make one of these for some kind of random blog post .
    It's not about being offended. I'm just curious what people come up with, and there's a bit of a glass houses don't throw stones angle to my comment.

And don't pirate photoshop. Just use GIMP or something.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Australia one, the makeup, lawl

India reminds me of the painting that a women screwed up on.

Rominia looks pretty average, they just prettied her up. Though there seems to be a certain correlation(to the actual serious photshops.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'd like to tap everyone of them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    I'd like to tap everyone of them
    Odd fetish you have there, most men would rather have sex with her.

I'm going to guess if they asked Japan it's probably NSFW.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

She didn't look good in any picture in my opinion. I have high facial standards. You don't need huge boobs. You don't need a huge ass. Your BMI value does not have to be 17. But you damn well better have a cute face. Just sayin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    good lord.... some of those are worse than horrible....
    The ones that made US and Germany need to be banned for life, from using a computer..
    The Morocco one deserves kudos... She actually looks best with that one.
    I'd give the Philippines the second place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Odd fetish you have there, most men would rather have sex with her.
    lmao..... good one..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Most of them simply look like the same picture with weird contrast color. Im not sure what is more pretty about most of them, the only thing that i see upgraded is that many of the pictures arrange her hair, but thats kinda like not a real factor of beauty to me, anyone can change their hair. She is already a very attractive young women in the original picture.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2014-06-27 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    This looks like when I tried my hand at photoshop that one time. What were they trying to accomplish? Most of them just look odd because of bad editing. I thought "different cultures find different things attractive" was the obvious. You don't need to do something like this to know that.

That cultures have specific makeup preferences isn't surprising.

The most notable thing is that not a single one chose to make her significantly overweight. For all of the blather about beauty being a cultural construct (which is obviously at least partially true), it appears that most countries can agree on a healthy weight being attractive.

That said, this is obviously not a representative sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That cultures have specific makeup preferences isn't surprising.

The most notable thing is that not a single one chose to make her significantly overweight. For all of the blather about beauty being a cultural construct (which is obviously at least partially true), it appears that most countries can agree on a healthy weight being attractive.

That said, this is obviously not a representative sample.
    There is 2 factor that can be recorded in history as being the average standard of beauty. Being healthy( overweight people dont look like that) and having a skin in good condition(not talking about the color).

Deleted
    I would be interested in a repeat of this using a full body shot of a larger woman. Not obese, just carrying a few extra pounds, to see what about her body would be altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskymon View Post
    But the US one has to be kidding. WTF?
    Emma Watson + coloring book?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    UK one looks the best to me. Working as intended I suppose.

The plumpness of her face varies in some of those photoshops. I think there was also probably a tacit understanding here that the question was of facial beauty, rather than body mass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.