Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirse View Post
    Also thinking how could it be dps loss, especially if you have destro locks in your raid who gains embers from those while they hit tank and he gets more vengeance from it = more damage to boss?
    The dps increase for the tanks from tanking 30 mobs that do zero damage for all of about 3 seconds is approximately zero. The DPS increase for the warlocks, who can pump out another 2-3 Chaos Bolts with all cooldowns (which would each crit for about 3-4 million), Bloodlust and trinkets active, is ridiculously massive; the same goes for all classes that gain procs or resources if they debuff or damage a large amount of adds.

Would a simple answer of "because they don't come back" not suffice? A better question would be "why don't they come back?"

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...X9V3#boss=1603

This is why we reset the adds anyways
    1m 48s kill with 1 offline or bust

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...X9V3#boss=1603

This is why we reset the adds anyways
    I am slightly confused, what was the point in linking that?

One reason not to reset the adds is to guarantee trinket procs during the opener.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there really a thread on Nazgrim trash?? Bizarre.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    The only good thing about your shit analysis was that it was short. Lots of classes can generate some resources from a bit of AoE on them.
    Speaking of shit analysis..

I expect nothing else from an MMO-C poster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinthetik View Post
    Is there really a thread on Nazgrim trash?? Bizarre.
    The things that happen after a tier has been out so long, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Speaking of shit analysis..

I expect nothing else from an MMO-C poster.
    I hope you see the irony there. Nevertheless, let's everyone keep this thread civil and back to the very important discussion currently at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbiter View Post
    One reason not to reset the adds is to guarantee trinket procs during the opener.
    ...you can have someone pull them while you are doing the war shamans outside, then no worry about trinkets at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

My group has to reset the ads so we have more uptime on the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there is no reason for them to be a part of the encounter. They force players into DPSing them, even if they don't mean to pad. The more damage you do to the boss the better, so eliminating that temptation is mandatory for any serious group.
    If you want to waste time and dps, you can pull them with the boss and watch as your entire group spends multiple globals AOEing things that don't matter.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

I'm confused, why does this matter? all the adds die 1.7 seconds after Nazgrim is pulled. how is that a waste of anything? trinkets will still be up. As a destro lock 2 charges of FnB conflag gives me full embers on pull and still have nearly full time on trinkets.