Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Am I just shit at glad stance or is it legit hard to actually get 4 HS in a SC? Even 3 sometimes feels hard with the slowish rage gen. Though, I'm basically using shield charges as close to fully recharged at 2/2 as I can (assuming I don't almost cap rage first), unsure if letting the stacks sit at 2/2 when I can bank more rage is a DPS loss comparatively to just waiting for more rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    What is the point in that redundant stance? You can't swap out of it in combat, so it's like a second talent specialization, if you ignore the aspect of "but I don't have the gear for dps spec".
    How is it redundant?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Am I just shit at glad stance or is it legit hard to actually get 4 HS in a SC? Even 3 sometimes feels hard with the slowish rage gen. Though, I'm basically using shield charges as close to fully recharged at 2/2 as I can (assuming I don't almost cap rage first), unsure if letting the stacks sit at 2/2 when I can bank more rage is a DPS loss comparatively to just waiting for more rage.
    There isn't enough rage Gen to get 4 heroic strikes inside a SC currently (consistently), as long as you're not wasting Rage on using HS outside a SC everything is fine. Also never let SC bank at 2 charges its more worth using it to get more damage out of Shield slam and revenge.

Is there any requirement like "Make sure shield slam/rev is up before you SC"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any requirement like "Make sure shield slam/rev is up before you SC"?
    For shield slam yes, Haven't messed around delaying for revenge, currently have using revenge on CD is the best DPS.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Have you played it on beta?, its one of the funnest specs warrior has currently and It has CD through talents, it just doesn't have reck which is no where near as powerful as it is on live.
    You realize you are saying that glad is one of the most fun specs, out of a total pool of 3 dps specs (If you don't count prot; as it is not a dps role)
    There's only 3 positions among 3 objects. Hard for 'among the most fun' to be meaningful, when the least fun is also necessarily among the most fun in a group that small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotesbart View Post
    You realize you are saying that glad is one of the most fun specs, out of a total pool of 3 dps specs (If you don't count prot; as it is not a dps role)
    There's only 3 positions among 3 objects. Hard for 'among the most fun' to be meaningful, when the least fun is also necessarily among the most fun in a group that small.
    Probably should of said Arguably the funnest, but all in all its not really meaningful since its just an opinion.

For shield slam yes, Haven't messed around delaying for revenge, currently have using revenge on CD is the best DPS.
    Does it have to just be up or up as the first GCD in a SC? Imagine the latter since w/HLR it'll allow you two SSs in a SC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it have to just be up or up as the first GCD in a SC? Imagine the latter since w/HLR it'll allow you two SSs in a SC.
    Has to be off CD as you press shield charge, You will need haste to account for the time between you pressed SC and the time you press SS plus a buffer for your latency to get the 4 GCD in, though its not as good as you think since SS is likely to reset before the 4 gcd.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2014-07-25 at 08:29 AM.

Deleted
    Hmm it seemed to me better, the other way around. Like ss rdy and rev coming up soon (1-1.5s) or something, since you want to get ss off as fast to use another inside. Could be wrong, "feel" means jack sometimes without actual numbers backing it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Hmm it seemed to me better, the other way around. Like ss rdy and rev coming up soon (1-1.5s) or something, since you want to get ss off as fast to use another inside. Could be wrong, "feel" means jack sometimes without actual numbers backing it up.
    I meant that SS has to be off CD when you use SC so its used immediately after SC is pressed i.e. the first GCD inside SC (sorry if I made it confusing)

Deleted
    Oh ok, i misunderstood it somehow, thought cs-rev, all good then

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it redundant?
    I mean, what's the point from it if you can just swap to DPS spec before fight?
    Perhaps if you have first phase where you need two tanks but once you hit phase X you can solo tank, so then you switch to Glad stance?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Perhaps if you have first phase where you need two tanks but once you hit phase X you can solo tank, so then you switch to Glad stance?
    What's the point of two dps specs just get rid of one. In fact what's that point of warrior dps just reroll a dps class if u want to do that

I think you dont get the purpose of Glad Stance, it is a "DPS SPEC" inside the prot spec, if you choose glad stance you will not be able to tank anything and will be a pure dps spec, like arms or fury, and you CANT change stances in combat
    it adds choices, since many of us asked blizz to give a Sword and Board dps spec to play around
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

What is the point in that redundant stance? You can't swap out of it in combat, so it's like a second talent specialization, if you ignore the aspect of "but I don't have the gear for dps spec".
    That's the point?

As it sat a few weeks ago (I might be wrong now, but I doubt it) the highest simming stat for Gladiator is Bonus Armor, which all tanks will want to stack as much of as possible.

So yeah, you probably will have the gear you need to DPS.

Point is you can dps fullbore in your prot gear and it's a sword and board style of DPS. It's more wish fulfillment than anything else. I fully expect to employ it as my main PvE Dps spec.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of Gladiator spec and being able to use a shield for offence but it's not something I would personally want to play as my primary DPS class unless my main is already a tank.

Otherwise, I feel as though I would be kneecapping the guild by denying tanks their loot as they take on a greater role and responsibility during progression. I'd rather see a tank be able to take an extra hit than a DPS deal one less hit to defeat a boss.

That's just how I feel though as far as progression is concerned but I'll suit up just in case.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I've been leveling as Protection with Gladiator from lvl 91 to 96 on the beta and it is amazing.

I'd like to see all protection Warriors out there to be able to level up to lvl 100 like this. Gladiator should be baseline as Battle Stance has no real value to a prot Warrior.

I've made this thread on the beta forums, please help it get heard:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11325532574

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    I like the idea of Gladiator spec and being able to use a shield for offence but it's not something I would personally want to play as my primary DPS class unless my main is already a tank.

Otherwise, I feel as though I would be kneecapping the guild by denying tanks their loot as they take on a greater role and responsibility during progression. I'd rather see a tank be able to take an extra hit than a DPS deal one less hit to defeat a boss.

That's just how I feel though as far as progression is concerned but I'll suit up just in case.
    The only gear we share between the tank and gladiator are rings necks, cloaks and shields (shields will go to the tank first since they are stat sticks for glad). every other piece of gear is shared between every other plate spec. sort of like saying I don't want to play a rogue because I'll kneecap our Druid tank.