Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    i know, it gives 50% chance to block, but would that not stack on any current block? meaning that in order to be able to block EVERY possible attack, we would need 104% or some such?

aka 54% block chance BEFORE the 4 set is applied
    You're thinking 2p : Item - Paladin T17 Protection 2P Bonus: When you use Avenger's Shield, your block chance is increased by 50% for 5 sec.

4p is : Item - Paladin T17 Protection 4P Bonus: When you block an attack, you have a chance to gain the Defender of the Light effect.Defender of the Light increases your shield block value by 50% for 8 sec.(Approximately 2.20 procs per minute)

Not sure if 50% of current or absolute.
    And 54% block chance isn't that hard to get, i think you need ~2k mastery.

Also for max dmg, you can troll with
    Item - Paladin T17 Retribution 2P Bonus: Spending Holy Power has a 30% chance to allow the use of Hammer of Wrath regardless of your target's current health
    (not sure if you can benefit from it as prot)

Erm guys? Shield BLock Value is the amount of damage reduced by a block. 50% more SBV means you block for 60% instead of 40%. It does fuck all to your block CHANCE.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Perhaps they were mixing up the 2p and the 4p. I'm assuming he means with the 2p buff up, if there's a way to reach 104% block since the 2p gives Block Chance, with the 4p gives block value.

Stood in the Fire
    ya, didnt know about the sets in total, just the one that gives ass loads of block chance.

If the other does give us a total of 60% block reduction, then that makes going for the mastery cap even more valuable, and might be so strong that i dont think next tier will be replaced by it just because of how strong it is.

On top of this, it in turn makes is nigh immune to both physical and magical damage once that cap is reached. it might need nerfed honestly as that much block chance AND value is unheard of.

Although a mastery capped warrior gets 60% reduction on all melee swings for 66% of the time, and can have 100% SB uptime with 100% critical block chance for 24 seconds out of thirty, which is about as long as you tank a boss on a tank-swap fight.

So it isn't THAT unheard of.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Although a mastery capped warrior gets 60% reduction on all melee swings for 66% of the time, and can have 100% SB uptime with 100% critical block chance for 24 seconds out of thirty, which is about as long as you tank a boss on a tank-swap fight.

So it isn't THAT unheard of.

That was only achievable late in the expansion though, we are getting this as soon as we get our 4 set ( since 2600 or so mastery is not hard to get at all)

On top of that, we would be able to block spells, which makes the only issue that block tanks had is gone with that build+ holy shield.
    I just cant see it going live with that since our healing is still formidable and we would take very very little damage.