Item squish and old content

Been testing soloing old lvl 70 hc dungeons on beta, and with 50k hp you die pretty fast pulling more than 1-3 packs of trashmobs. After doing some math, pre itemsquish mobs do 1% damage of your hp each hit, and after itemsquish they do 10%. Do we need a mobs/boss dps squish aswell for old content. Killing stuff was just as easy as pre iitemsquish so that is not broken, however mobs and bosses dps is. If they manage to hit you.

Deleted
    you have more then 350k HP on level 100. dont worry

It's still being worked on atm. You'll be able to solo the old content like before, they just haven't gotten that far into the item squish yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I am not mistaken, Blizzard said they haven't squished all. Pretty much only SoO, they said Timeless Isle Mobs could easily kill you. So I wouldn't be suprised if BC mobs and beyond also havn't been squished yet.

I think they are adding a "level-difference damage reduction and increase"-buff in your favor against lower level mobs. It's probably not in yet.

Deleted
    i saw a video with some lvl 100 and they had @ 250k+ hp... i mean they are really doying this again? on the end patch of the expansion we will have the same mop numbers i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Blizzard said they haven't squished all. Pretty much only SoO, they said Timeless Isle Mobs could easily kill you. So I wouldn't be suprised if BC mobs and beyond also havn't been squished yet.
    I haven't found any mobs yet (Timeless isle) that haven't been squished.

Interesting though:
    Vs Level 88 - around 3k hits with Arcane Barrage
    Vs Level 5 - around 50k hits with Arcane Barrage

Note - these were first hit, self buffed. Level 91 Arcane Mage. Tooltip shows around 3k average.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Interesting though:

Note - these were first hit, self buffed. Level 91 Arcane Mage. Tooltip shows around 3k average.
    thats because of the whole you hit harder vs lower level stuff.

as for old raids and dungeons they haven't been touched yet. by the time we hit live all will be as is today

10+ Year Old Account

Interesting though:

Maybe that was only for other raids and dungeons besides SoO then. It was posted when Alpha went live I think. Was a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    thats because of the whole you hit harder vs lower level stuff.
    Yeah - but it isn't linear, 1-71 = 40k ... it is flat.

1-60 : 40k
    70 : 45k
    80 : 50k
    84 : 22k
    85 : 15k
    ------------
    87 : 3k
    90 : 3k

Very confusing so far

as for old raids and dungeons they haven't been touched yet. by the time we hit live all will be as is today
    Not found any so far that haven't been done.... still working through many though.

OK - found one. Bastion of Twilight... might just step out of there
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2014-06-29 at 12:57 AM.

Yeah - but it isn't linear, 1-71 = 40k ... it is flat, actually - getting to level 80 creatures it is now 50k hits. Trying to work out the point at which is flips to 5k

Not found any so far that haven't been done.... still working through many though.
    Celestalon gave the exact formula at some point, not sure where though.

As for the squish, check pre-MoP stuff. Everything after that should be done already.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Celestalon gave the exact formula at some point, not sure where though.

As for the squish, check pre-MoP stuff. Everything after that should be done already.
    Yeah - that's what I was checking. Just finding it odd that it goes up, then down, then is fixed at a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Most (read: all) mobs have had their HP and melee damage squished, but very few mobs have had their abilities squished. The +damage formula against lower level mobs works, but the -damage taken against lower level mobs doesn't work yet. Give it some time, it's still alpha/beta.
    I want to see a solo Garrosh kill by you before the beta is over! Don't feel pressured. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Most (read: all) mobs have had their HP and melee damage squished, but very few mobs have had their abilities squished.
    Yeah - that's why I'm only comparing my attack vs their level (nothing else) on normal mobs - then look at combat log to see the size of my hit.