Red face Should you play a Priest?

Yes, this is why:

No seriously, I thought it would be interesting for each own to say what they enjoy about Priest?
    What do you like about Priest?

I'll start by saying the Shadow aspect of Priest is very appealing in term of gameplay and just pure look of awesome purple magic.
    I like how I can play Shadow Priest without having to look down on my buttons as often as other classes, and I feel more free and less punished for just using spells I want, and by switching talents you can change the entire way you play, that is pretty cool I think.

Wish I could say more about Holy or Discipline but it's one of the specs I have not played much yet.

It's my main and puts out good numbers.

If I had to do it all over again I would in a heartbeat. Priest is boring with very few procs or mechanics to deal with, and I guess that's gonna be even more true next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    I like how I can play Shadow Priest without having to look down on my buttons as often as other classes, and I feel more free and less punished for just using spells I want, and by switching talents you can change the entire way you play, that is pretty cool I think.
    It's actually the opposite for Shadow. You're punished quite a bit for just about anything and more so than other specs, and "free" would be the last word I'd use to describe Shadow's playstyle(especially if spec'd into Insanity). You can play any spec in the game using any mix of talents or spells you want at your leisure to make it simpler and spend less time looking at your buttons, but that doesn't mean you're doing good damage/healing and Shadow isn't unique in that regard. I also don't think Shadow's talents currently change much in terms of gameplay(not until WoD at least).

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Cerbz as shadow to be competitive you are punished very hard for hitting the wrongs buttons at the wrong time. I love mine though but really imo spriest have a higher skill cap compared to some classes/specs and it almost seems like you have to be at that higher cap to keep up in dps. Loved the video though, I'm going to think about that every time I play now lol.
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2014-06-28 at 05:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

The gameplay of shadow is really appealing to me, I don't find it boring and it has some interesting choices to make. It requires planning ahead > thinking which makes it fun and not a buttonmashing specc. Also at high ilvls we're not even that bad on most fights especially because of the type of SoO's bosses. Yes we're behind but not that much. And it's challenging trying to beat better speccs each raid. Also the fact that the specc is unforgiving is another reason to stay on your toes for the whole raid and it brings quite a sense of accomplishment of doing everything perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Deleted
    I like the style of healing offered by Discipline at the moment, particularly Atonement with shields. It makes a nice difference from the other styles of healing which have become a little stale after 7 years or so.

I've had a top-level priest for 4 expansions now, raided a bit here and there on him but otherwise mained a (restoration) shaman. After experimenting a bit with monks, I've decided to main a priest from now on. Holy is so much more interesting than restoration shaman. Also, Lifegrip is awesome.