Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you "veteran" enough?

So there has been quite a bit of discussion as to whether or not a person is veteran. So lets post our earliest payment history's and see how each of us fair in invites.

I've posted my earliest history below. I'm assuming there are still a lot of people that started in early 2005 or so. I've been inconsistently playing wow since 2005 taking 2 to 6 month breaks. However I've currently been consistently subbing to wow for the past year and 2 months.

I'll update my post if I receive an invite. Feel free to post your payment history's would love to see some 05's and 04's get invites right off the bat today.

http://imgur.com/pA87FBB

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they say what their criteria of veteran was and that 100% of people matching that criteria would be invited immediately, and that all invites would be received already?

Or are we starting the new "no beta, but i'm old school QQ" club?

Deleted

I've played this game too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Did they say what their criteria of veteran was and that 100% of people matching that criteria would be invited immediately, and that all invites would be received already?

They did not state any criteria, and everyone who fullfills the criteria won't get an invite this wave.

Yes, we are totally starting the "QQ club."
    I'll go first: I've playing this game since TBC and I can't believe I didn't get an invite! Paying that subscription for 6 years gets me nothing!? That's bullshit!!! Unsubbing right now, WoD would suck without flying and reforing and 20 man raids and time travel and Blizzard hating the Alliance and broken balance!!!!
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

11/26/2004

No beta but I didn't update my beta profile until just now.

Been playing this account since ~ 3 months before the 2.0 patch, prior to that i played on my brother account - still don't think ill get an inv lol.
    The first rule of Starfall is, You don't talk about Starfall!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post

I would assume that there definition of veteran is consistency and number of expansions that person has owned/played in and if that player is currently active.

To look at other criteria like raiding status (hardcore raider for example) gear questing/armory stats i think would be too many resources spent just sending out beta invites.

First payment on 13/11/2005. Cancelled my sub about 2 months ago. Also no Beta invite yet. Let's see if they honor som of us 'old' people with some invites

10+ Year Old Account
    2 of our "refer a friend mount" accounts (essentially, free accounts with free upgrades just to get the RAF mounts) got invites. So, late 2013. None of us from 2005-2006 got any (that I know of, that's like 35 accounts worth I think).

My main issue i think is that i have the account i started with that started the 11 february 2005. when the game came out in europe.. And that account was active up to 27 july 2010. In between here ive had several accounts. And i had a lot of chars on another account that i boosted with my main account. And insted of transfering all my chars to one account. i transfered 1 char to the other account. Had no reason to pay for 2 subs. (8 subs at the most. tried multiboxing)

the other account which is my main account now have been 20 july 2009 to current date. And i guess that wont make me veteran enough, even tho im more of a "veteran" than like 80% others that play the game.

But all in all. i dont really give a flying jebus. Its a beta. the amount of bugs ive found in other beta tests, others have found before me anyways.

I would hope "veteran" means someone who is experienced in PvE/PvP (i.e. high-end players) who will actually test the content. No one cares if you've been playing since launch but won't properly test the beta.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzua View Post

I've played this game too long.
    Then why the f*ck are you still here
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    I played World of Warcraft around 2005, and got my own account early 2006.

I consider myself a veteran.

Deleted
    I think it was a poor choice of words from blizzard and nothing more.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinge View Post
    I would hope "veteran" means someone who is experienced in PvE/PvP (i.e. high-end players) who will actually test the content. No one cares if you've been playing since launch but won't properly test the beta.
    Look at it this way. the content that needs to be tested the most is by faaaaar questing since majority of players quest. Really you only need a handfull of people to actually test raiding and dungeon content. EX: just invite some of the top guilds in the world to test mythic raiding so the mythic fights can be tuned. Normals/flex/lfr does not need as much testing and the playerbase most certainly will be capable of testing it in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge View Post
    This. Everytime there is a beta out for a game. People use it as a frikking demo. Playing for enjoyment and to see if the game is good. i would dare to say that atleast 70% of the people in a beta got no reason to be there. Not reporting bugs like the should. Which is the only reason they are even in the beta.

you are not in the beta to have FUN. You are in the beta to help develope and playtest the game. reporting bugs, exploits. Having fun is your reward for doing this free "work"

June of 2005...still no beta invitation.
    Last edited by noblez17; 2014-06-27 at 01:46 PM.

I noticed a lot of people started in 2005, what does that line up with? specific patch?

Being a 'veteran' doesn't guarantee you beta...

All Blizzard are saying is that the few invites that have been sent are being targeted to older accounts, not that veterans are being given beta.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG][/IMG]

Nope guess not.