Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What areas are within walking distance from your house?

As it says in the title, what are some areas that are within walking distance form your house?

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in the south loop (downtown) of Chicago, so...pretty much everything city-wise is within walking distance. Grocery stores, a pile of bars (I live next to Printer's Row), the museums of downtown Chicago are only a mile up Roosevelt, then the loop itself - Sears Tower, Hancock, Mag Mile, lakefront beaches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right next to downtown Columbus on the best side of town, so..... pretty much anything I want from food to music to movies to clubs is a decent but managable walk from where I live.

not much for me i live in south west wales there is a castle about 3 min walk from me, lots of country side, quite a few beaches if you drive in nearly every direction but north east. not much to do, nearest cinema is about 15miles away, nearest (large) city is about 60 miles away (Swansea).

if we're talking shops there are about 3 chippies, 1 kebab shop 2 chinese restaurants 5+ pubs 3 news agents, in town and more about 3 miles away where my town is split in two by a hill thats about 1 mile wide, down in the dock yard there is a mcdonalds and tescos asda wilcos brantanos a pound stretcher argos, couple other shops. you can catch the ferry over to ireland i think it goes to dublin, takes about 4 hrs each way.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-06-29 at 07:06 PM.

I live in Regensburg, Germany and within walking distance are grocery stores, 10-15 minutes to the downtown and going another direction is the biggest shopping mal in the city 10-15 minutes aswell. Restaurants and stuff is pretty much everywhere.

I'm pretty much about 5 minutes from the mall, 2 grocery stores, cinema, 3 pharmacies, several restaurants/fast food places and many other little odds n ends. 5 minutes from work too, which is nice. Granted, if I want to go to any big box stores (Walmart, Costco, Best Buy, etc...) it's a few bus rides away (no car).

My front lawn.

Depends on what you consider walking distance. I could walk for like an hour and a half(Or 30 minute bike ride)to get to Burger King, Checkers, Dunkin Donuts.
    There's a 7-11 right down the block from me too, which is about a 15 minute walk

Not much in the way of stores, as I live on the very edge of my town, but I have a state park right across the street from my apartment complex. So if i ever get sad that I don't have a yard, I can just walk down to the park.

Deleted
    Nothing. Just how I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We live in the suburbs so there isn't a whole lot to walk to lol. There is a wine shop, and a concert venue. They aren't really close but I like to go on long walks so I am counting those.

10+ Year Old Account
    witihin 5minutes not much other than a pub,farm,dam, park.. within 15minutes a shop within 30minutes small town eg church,shops,bank,petrol station etc, witihin 3-5hours a cinema/theatre/city stuff >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    empty land with lots of hills
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The gas station is four miles away. That's the closest thing

That's the countryside for you.

I can get downtown, to the beach, to several parks a good amount of trail heads, four breweries... crap, why am I at home?

Within a minute's walk I have 2 corner shops, a day-time sandwich shop, a lunchtime/teatime chippy and three lateish (11pm) takeaways (Chinese, Indian and fried chicken).

Within a few minutes walk there are about 3 parks, two of them are quite large and heavily wooded.

It takes 10 minutes to get into the town centre where we have a good selection of the usual UK high-street shops, a few supermarkets and dozens of pubs and restaurants as well as a few museums. There's also quite a few takeaways that deliver until 3am and 3 mini-supermarkets open until 11.

20 minutes gets you to the train station which is next to our castle (actually the Queen's). There's a couple of 24-hour garages that I can get to within half-an-hour. A 24 hour Asda (very big supermarket) is within about 40 minutes.

An hours walk gets me to the sea-side (sadly it's Morecambe) or into the countryside (I usually walk alongside the canal or river).

Most importantly, my grandmother and sister live a couple of streets away and my parents are about 25 minute's walk away.

I live in the city centre so I've got everything on my doorstep.

The shopping centre is quite close, don't care about the rest.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Nearest neighbors, maybe 45 min walk away. Other than that, 27km to the nearest town.

There's forest, a little more forest, a lot more forest, the local supermarket, my neighbours AND OH MY GOD CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? even more forest!

yeah, working in forestry kindda gives you remote places to live.

closest place to walk to is a small shopping plaza that would take about 20 minutes to get to and you have to walk on a busy highway. the plaza has a Wawa (its a convenience store), a pizza place, and a liquor store. there is also a walgreens about another 10 minutes away. other than that it takes about 20-30 minutes to drive anywhere worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".