Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd say 6-10k is a more reasonable number for the mogu place, especially given even with instant aoe killing packs I've never seen an instant respawn (or even within 30 seconds)

Alani on all 3 servers I've played on has been sub 25k at all times, often sub 20k. Bags are 1.5-2k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

the op doesn't want to do anything and is whining that he has no gold. Even switching to dps in his current tank gear with a little bit of regemming and reforging will allow him to grind anything in the game save current end game dungeons and raids. Yet even that is out of the question.

seems to be trolling imo.

Note to Moderator i didn't call him a troll merely hinted at the possibility of trolling.

Deleted
    A great way to make money is to have enchanting on 4 characters of each armour specialization. Go to the Timeless Isle on your best geared toon, get a zone buff (my preference is Chi's buff), and start grinding mobs. Use the coins to buy keys in the cave for the chests. Then send all of the Timeless armor tokens to your enchanters to DE. With the guild perk you can proc 2 x Sha Crystal too, they sell for around 80g on my server but I've seen them on another for about 130g.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soloing most of the old Cata Heroics can yield a large amount of gold through the embersilk cloth all of the mobs drop if the cloth sells well on your server. BRC, Stonecore, Tol'Vir and Grim Batol yield the most cloth drops. Also volatile airs from Vortex pinnacle are good too.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    A great way to make money is to have enchanting on 4 characters of each armour specialization.
    You can also go to the Isle of Thunder and either kill rares or search around for a Trove of the Thunder King until you get a Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (either one drops the key almost 100% so long as you haven't gotten one that week). Grab every chest in the first area to farm Elder Charms then run Mogushan Vaults, Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring and use a charm on every boss.
    With the buff they did to drops in the old raids, I get loot most of the time from the bosses themselves and charms seem to be guaranteed loot.

I have 2 enchanters and do this every Tuesday in LFR. On Tues LFR is filled with over geared people doing the same or working on the cloak so they're fast and pain free and I usually walk away with 50+ Sha Crystals plus the cash I get from doing dailys or farming while queued (both my enchanters are DPS so I have to deal with queues).
    Last edited by Ecwfrk; 2014-07-01 at 05:38 AM.

Deleted
    If you don't want to farm herbs/ore and don't be an AH slave, then you can always do Brawler's Guild.
    Just think about it, every stage of a rank gives you 100g if you're lucky (with Gold + a vendor item) and the newly introduced bosses via random quest Drops/hc sc bags etc give a bag of Gold which yields 400-500g.
    Yes you can do them only once per character, but if you got ok geared alts (which is no Problem atm), it is pretty easy and results in a lot of Gold.

Deleted
    i do random old content raids. depending on the raid (how big it is, how many bosses) i get about 500-1k gold each run, i love these raids and its alot more fun than doing dailies ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    If you don't want to farm herbs/ore and don't be an AH slave, then you can always do Brawler's Guild.
    Just think about it, every stage of a rank gives you 100g if you're lucky (with Gold + a vendor item) and the newly introduced bosses via random quest Drops/hc sc bags etc give a bag of Gold which yields 400-500g.
    Yes you can do them only once per character, but if you got ok geared alts (which is no Problem atm), it is pretty easy and results in a lot of Gold.
    That would be another viable option if the OP wasn't against regem/reforging to windwalker. As it stands he wants to stay in his "tank" spec.

That aside, most of the Brawler Guild fights are gimmicky and can be tough without prior experience. I don't think it would be effective in terms of gold per time spent.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Gold making and how to obtain gold will be ever bound to what amount you wish to acquire or maintain.

I can see three general directions:

- grind
    - AH (resell, sniping, manipulation)
    - profesions

Grind will weild solid amount of gold with small amount of RnG or experience/knowledge required. You can pick your better geared toon, check on some youtube video,. and kill stuff..

AH, the hardest of the options. Will require proper addon usage, may require longer term experience and initial budget. Still this when mastered weilds the best results.

Profesions, slow starting and may require multiple 90's to do effectively. But require less time to maintain than AH and is not as boring as grind. Still addons might be required, experience (in this case it is possible to find initial informations in guides unlike for AH related stuff).

If you dislike all three, there are many others. From boosting to other activities.. But I imagine that if you were capable of boosting in ethier PvE or PvP.. you would not ask how to make gold (no offense).
    Mystery Goo, Magtheridon EU
    http://mystery-goo.eu/

When you aren't willing to do anything and just want gold handed to you, I think the only option available to you is standing around begging, though I am dubious of the results you will get.

If you run flexes and shit regularly, those little fail-bags you get always contain a shit ton of motes of harmony, you can trade the spirits in for shit to sell like Golden Lotus.

Best way to make money in this game is to provide a service that other people can't or won't do that people with money would be interested in. Selling 9/9 gold challenge mode carries makes you insane bank very rapidly, my team and I were making over 500k gold every month for very little effort from that alone. If you flex for the lulz or for the gear or whatever those motes get you shit you can sell pretty good. If your guild can kill heroic raid bosses, people pay good money for heroic carries, especially for garrosh + mount.

But alas, most of the stuff to make the really good money requires you to actually be a really good player, and I doubt someone looking for an easy way to get gold with zero effort on the forums is a good player.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Wait, what specifically can I trade in my endless damn motes for? Because I have about a stack of them just waiting for something.

I am in a guild that flexes very casually, most are i550 geared and Im just catching up now at i533/34 I believe.

How are SPriests for that Mogu farming that was talked about on the page before?

I actually main blood dk, Can I use that gear in a dps spec/talent to quest decently or what? :/ Or is it better to use dps gear in blood spec..
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    10 Motes = 1 Spirit of Harmony

Spirit of Harmony vendor at shrine. They are also used to help speed craft other profession items create via daily CDs (using Spirits bypasses the daily CD).
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do all the quests you can find. They are a great source of money, and relatively low-effort at it. Repeatable quests are in particular usually very cost-effective income machines.

Non-gathering professions have a daily cooldown, which you can usually turn into something expensive. Tailoring, for example, allows you to make some pretty good gear if you put in a few weeks of cooldowns in it. Sure, it's not exactly fast money, but it will solve any money issues you will have for a while the moment you sell any of it. Enchanting allows you to make crystals. And so on.

Do some old dungeons. You'd be surprised how much money all the crap you get by clearing f.ex black temple, AQ40 or Dire Maul really nets you. It's also a very nice pace of change. Some of that crap can also be sold on the AH for even more money than the vendors offer. Especially if you gain a rare battle pet. They may take a week or two to sell, but when they do that's usually a few thousand gold right there.

Fish! Everyone hates fishing. But there is always someone levelling cooking or whatnot, and whom gladly pays 100-300g per stack of fish. In an afternoon, you can easily make 10k gold this way. It's dreadfully boring though! For the same reason, use your farm. The mats are usually saturated on the AH, but it's still free money.

Speaking of battle pets, there are big money in selling them, if you find the right pets. Look at the AH and see what is costing a lot, find one, and sell it. They have a better droprate than you might think.

Also.. cloth. Most tailors need a lot of it, and hate farming. Just find some humanoid mobs, and murder them with impunity. Pick up their cloth, then sell it on the AH. You will find that even the simplest cloth types sell for serious money. Like 300g / stack if you are lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monobear View Post
    Non-gathering professions have a daily cooldown <snip>
    Um... but these suggestions fall under the AH slave part that the OP wanted to avoid.

Questing however, does seem to be a good return especially if you're able to grind to 90 without hitting the latter zones of MoP (i.e. Dread Wastes, Townslong Steppes).
    ---

I haven't been playing much lately but I do make a point to get on my tailor and do my daily CD. Buying all the cloth I need I make the 28 slot bags and typically triple my money. Never make below 2.5 my investment.

Not an exceptionally fast way but it takes almost no effort and is a safe bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the cloth for spellthread would ideally yield more money, depending on the server. You also have to consider the rate you actually turn-over inventory versus listing something on the AH for what it's "worth". I'm lucky if I sell one spellthread a day on my server. I could seen re-listing a single bag for a week or more and having to reduce prices. I've got a 553 belt in my bag that I'm simply not going to sell because the last couple days another tailor has brought the cost down to less than 2K gold and it wasn't bought within moments of him listing it, even to just re-list it at a more appropriate price (because they know, nobody is buying "high dollar" stuff right now, especially gear it seems). I'll just send it to my little warlock to eventually grow into before I'll "give" it away.

Transmog gear isn't selling on my server. Lvl60 enchants aren't selling so I just vendor the stuff that drops on farm runs there but lvl70 items I still DE because Mongoose scrolls sell. Similarly, lvl80 and lvl85 weapon enchants make DE of those items a safer bet than vendoring.

Raw cloth has been the only sure-fire moneymaker for me the last couple months, going between Embersilk and Frostweave as the most valuable. Roughly 2-3K for roughly an hour work a day of AoE spam on my tailor. It's just boring as hell, so I do it until I can't fit anymore stacks of cloth and greens that need to be mailed in one sitting.
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-07 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    1. Get tailoring on your most geared toon
    2. Preferably use a ranged toon with strong aoe and a way to pull mobs with instant spells without CD
    3. Buy some potions of luck
    4. Grind Mogu in the NW section of the Vale
    5. Whenever you get ~60 treasure keys go and open the chests

You'll be getting these:
    1. You can sell Alani mount when you collect 10 skyshards
    2. You'll get lots of special tailoring cloth from the chests which usually end up in at least 1 royal bag per hour, I'd say about 1.3/hour
    3. You'll get TONS of greens to DE, various ores, leathers, more cloth that you can use (combined with tons of spirits of harmony you'll use to make royal bag cloth without daily CD)
    4. You'll simply get a lot of raw gold

Depending on time of day and your server this method averages to ~20-25k gold per hour if you cound the royal bags and alani mount; also depends on whether you have toons that can benefit drop DE'ing greens, using pristine leathers, smelting/transmuting trillium ore etc etc.

Mogu mobs have special respawn rules, similar to pirates in tanaris that are used to grind goblins reputation without lowering your bloodsail reputation - the more people farm those mogu in the vale, the faster they respawn. It's the same rule as with cockroaches on the IoT which are used for achievement - if you kill all but one cockroaches in a 'group', they will wait for their 'normal' respawn timer; however if you keep killing the WHOLE groups (making sure that every mob in the group is wiped out), it will respawn way faster and its respawn will depend on other groups being wiped out the same way.

I once had a group of mogu respawn literally faster than I could kill them (583 mage), was a glorious day.
    Been doing this since I read it here and I'm just 2 Crystals away from a 2nd Alani mount for sale. Lots and lots of cloth drops, I've been doing Accelerated Celestial Cloth and selling crafted legs for about 1k profit. Also crafting the bags.

It's a surprisingly fun grind, with Potions of Luck, Mogu Keys and a chance at a Sky Crystal each group pull usually yields something.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have made most of the gold I have through questing, farming, grinding karazhan (cloth and greens, enchanting materials, etc), even old instances. I sell what a lot of raw materials because on my server there are a lot of people that sell profession kits on a daily basis, so I usually have quick turnaround time on getting gold. I do this across 11 characters, so I can overcome the raid locks for the week, by doing at least one or two characters a day through Vanilla, BC, and Wrath content since it is really easy to plow through all of that stuff.

I do some of the Cata stuff, but I really never like that content, so I tend to skip it. I have also done every single quest in the game across at least 6/11 characters, every daily new and old mostly to grind rep. Making gold outside of the AH, takes time if your not willing to put forth the effort to farming it out then you are pretty limited in what you can make gold from in this game. Everyone here has made some very good suggestions, If you have blood DK, then you should be able to plow through a lot of content relatively fast even if its modestly geared.

I do all my farming in dps specs, I have little issue clear content even some of the MoP dungeon content and none of my characters have higher than a 530 ilvl.

Farms are actually a pretty decent source of lazy income especially if you're like me and have multiple max level characters with full plots.

Planting all that shit takes about 45 min on my fleet of alts and also yields ~700g a day. Almost 5k a week for basically doing next to nothing. Yeah it's annoying to deal with the dailies to unlock the rest but it's worth it when you realize you're making a decent amount of gold for very little actual effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Farms are actually a pretty decent source of lazy income especially if you're like me and have multiple max level characters with full plots.

Planting all that shit takes about 45 min on my fleet of alts and also yields ~700g a day. Almost 5k a week for basically doing next to nothing. Yeah it's annoying to deal with the dailies to unlock the rest but it's worth it when you realize you're making a decent amount of gold for very little actual effort.
    It takes 45 mins of your time, thats doing more than just nothing.

OP, try battered hilt farming. I can usually find one within half an hour, and it sells for 6k+. Go into Pit of Sauron, clear all the trash in 3 mins, run out reset and do it again. The frostweave cloth you get also sells for 700-1k gold. And you vendor another 500g of grey items + greens.
    Its a proactive effort, but once you get the gist of the pattern, you will be making 10k+ gold an hour. Its pretty easy. When you run out of instance attempts, switch to any alt above a 496 ilevel, and redo it.

Alternatively, corner the market in something your profession makes. Old world profession leveling stuff works out nicely.
    Chronomancer Club