Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Dreadlord
    I have made most of the gold I have through questing, farming, grinding karazhan (cloth and greens, enchanting materials, etc), even old instances. I sell what a lot of raw materials because on my server there are a lot of people that sell profession kits on a daily basis, so I usually have quick turnaround time on getting gold. I do this across 11 characters, so I can overcome the raid locks for the week, by doing at least one or two characters a day through Vanilla, BC, and Wrath content since it is really easy to plow through all of that stuff.

I do some of the Cata stuff, but I really never like that content, so I tend to skip it. I have also done every single quest in the game across at least 6/11 characters, every daily new and old mostly to grind rep. Making gold outside of the AH, takes time if your not willing to put forth the effort to farming it out then you are pretty limited in what you can make gold from in this game. Everyone here has made some very good suggestions, If you have blood DK, then you should be able to plow through a lot of content relatively fast even if its modestly geared.

I do all my farming in dps specs, I have little issue clear content even some of the MoP dungeon content and none of my characters have higher than a 530 ilvl.

Farms are actually a pretty decent source of lazy income especially if you're like me and have multiple max level characters with full plots.

Planting all that shit takes about 45 min on my fleet of alts and also yields ~700g a day. Almost 5k a week for basically doing next to nothing. Yeah it's annoying to deal with the dailies to unlock the rest but it's worth it when you realize you're making a decent amount of gold for very little actual effort.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    Are we dumber than ret paladins? I'd like to think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Farms are actually a pretty decent source of lazy income especially if you're like me and have multiple max level characters with full plots.

Planting all that shit takes about 45 min on my fleet of alts and also yields ~700g a day. Almost 5k a week for basically doing next to nothing. Yeah it's annoying to deal with the dailies to unlock the rest but it's worth it when you realize you're making a decent amount of gold for very little actual effort.
    It takes 45 mins of your time, thats doing more than just nothing.

OP, try battered hilt farming. I can usually find one within half an hour, and it sells for 6k+. Go into Pit of Sauron, clear all the trash in 3 mins, run out reset and do it again. The frostweave cloth you get also sells for 700-1k gold. And you vendor another 500g of grey items + greens.
    Its a proactive effort, but once you get the gist of the pattern, you will be making 10k+ gold an hour. Its pretty easy. When you run out of instance attempts, switch to any alt above a 496 ilevel, and redo it.

Alternatively, corner the market in something your profession makes. Old world profession leveling stuff works out nicely.
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

Sorry wasn't aware 45 min a day was considered a huge time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    Are we dumber than ret paladins? I'd like to think not.

Actually is is very huge huge deal, grabbing no less than 274Hours of your gametime per year. And that is just Tillers farm attunement, a lot of extra work needs to be put into conversion of raw materials into sellable goods unless you want leave profits out.

Why I did appreciate farms back in the day and they were a nice assistance in breaking the 15 millions gold mark, ultimately I stopped doing them except one for Spirits of Harmony occasionally. If OP were to follow this advice he would turn to a Farms and AH slave instead of jsut AH slave. Use the farm when you are new and as an intermediate method while searching for other, better methods but don't rely solely on the farms, later Garrisons unless you want to settle with mediocrity
    Capitalism, Ho!

Being a slave to the AH is not really all that bad, if you want to make money legit and not be a 'slave' you have to be a 'farmer slave' vs 'AH slave'

No matter what, theres no easy way to make 10-20-100k a day unless your really pushing something hard or multiple streams of something hard,

I have 4 alchemists pumping out the Living Steel like no tomorrow, so thats slaving, slaving at all the ore i collect, since my # 1 rule to becoming a multi-millionaire in wow is NEVER BUY ANYTHING

Yeah, i horde gold sue me

Basically, just playing the game without buying unnecessary items will net you a lot of gold. Having alts to farm everything yourself helps greatly. There isn't much more to it if you ask me.

The professions I have on my main are jewelcrafting and enchanting.
    And I have 6 alchemists and 6 scribes.

I usually make 6 to 10 King's Amber gem per day (Yes WotLK gem) and cut them into Smooth King's Amber or Quick King's Amber and sell them for 200g each. (people still buy them on my server (Outland-Alliance))
    I used to make real money from inscription early in MoP (I have 6 scribes), but now the trinkets are out-dated.

My current gold making consists of logging into my three Alchemists and using the daily transmute to Living Steel, then logging my two Engineers and making a Jard's (-> Sky Golems), then my two tailors for Imperial Silk (-> Royal Satchels), then my BS to make a Balanced Ingot and a Lightning Ingot (-> SoO craftables and Reborn weapons), then my LW to make Hardened Magnificent HIde (-> SoO craftables).

Sounds like a lot but it mostly consists of logging, hitting "craft" and logging out. I buy all the necessary mats from the AH, only one that takes time is the constant supply of Trillium to make all that Living Steel (which the Sky Golems and Reborn weapons both require).

Tailoring bags are the most reliable profit makers, the margins are good but not amazing. The Reborn weapons are the most profitable (they still sell for insane amounts, Lionheart especially - the axes are also popular because of the Orc racial) but take a long time to make. The LW and BS craftables sell for a decent amount, really I only make them because it only takes a click though.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    It takes 45 mins of your time, thats doing more than just nothing.

OP, try battered hilt farming. I can usually find one within half an hour, and it sells for 6k+. Go into Pit of Sauron, clear all the trash in 3 mins, run out reset and do it again. The frostweave cloth you get also sells for 700-1k gold. And you vendor another 500g of grey items + greens.
    Its a proactive effort, but once you get the gist of the pattern, you will be making 10k+ gold an hour. Its pretty easy. When you run out of instance attempts, switch to any alt above a 496 ilevel, and redo it.

Alternatively, corner the market in something your profession makes. Old world profession leveling stuff works out nicely.
    Somewhat RNG dependent, also dependent on the economy of your server, and fiddly. I'm sure it works but I can see why he said "with no effort".

Though personally I find planting on more than 1-2 alts frustrating. I used to do it on about 5 toons a day, could've done a lot more but it gets really old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    only one that takes time is the constant supply of Trillium to make all that Living Steel
    Solution: convert Ghost Iron bars into Trillium via transmute? It's not on a daily CD. Living steel's optional transmute using spirits isn't on CD either.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWOD!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by.