Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    demon is the goto spec for pvp and it will get nerfed after the demonbolt cry in the forums
    It's not a question of if it gets the CB DoT treatment it's a question of when.

We should start a pool.

I would jump in on that pool. I main spec Demo PVP and I tell you now that I'm going to blow people up hard with demon bolt until it gets nerfed. By then I hope they buff servitude doomguard damage and add it to goserv so I have a stronger burst than my current imp with the demon training glyph *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    I would jump in on that pool. I main spec Demo PVP and I tell you now that I'm going to blow people up hard with demon bolt until it gets nerfed. By then I hope they buff servitude doomguard damage and add it to goserv so I have a stronger burst than my current imp with the demon training glyph *crosses fingers*
    I'm sorry, but I'm jumping on this wagon too.

At the start of MoP I had not the oportunity to play with Demon CW before nerf, and I regret it. Because after the changes, it went trash.

Yeah it is the "weakest" of the 3 spec's atm on live but I find the playstyle fun and rewarding. I actually don't want an OP start to WOD with demon bolt like chaos wave in MOP only to get Nerfed Into the ground and be trash for the rest of the x pac. That's why I'm hoping goserv with a doomguard becomes a decent cool down to use for half decent burst mixed with hopefully a bit better sustained damage and I won't Bitch. But they haven't even touched servitude let alone added it to goserv yet

I agree with users are saying. It's either going to go one of two ways:

1. People let Demo Locks get Demon Bolt off and it gets nerfed.
    2. It won't get nerfed and they say something like "There's a skill-related issue here if you let them freecast."

I personally love Demonology on live and hope it stays viable in WoD. If not, back to my Moonkin/WW Monk.

I think there should be more damage baked back into Soul Fire, Shadow Bolt and Corruption to be honest. Judging by how ridiculous Demon Bolt seems I'm sure there's plenty of damage to be spread around

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    I think there should be more damage baked back into Soul Fire, Shadow Bolt and Corruption to be honest. Judging by how ridiculous Demon Bolt seems I'm sure there's plenty of damage to be spread around
    I would agree with this, more consistent damage would be nice for Demo as opposed to having solid burst but close to zero pressure like it does on live. I literally have to just peel and kite and play defensive in between cooldowns while trying to generate as much fury as possible for my next kill attempt.

Finally got Beta key, gonna wanna do lots of tests once I'm done downloading (will take a while). If anyone has some classes that can complement warlocks or monks then please hit me up. I probably have a healer partner with Beta access

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    It's not a question of if it gets the CB DoT treatment it's a question of when.

We should start a pool.
    *tosses in 10 soul shards*

I say 3 weeks.

A month tops, we are not warriors so they won't let us go for a full patch cycle as an OP class. We will get Hotfixed in a month or less after the season starts

A month tops, we are not warriors so they won't let us go for a full patch cycle as an OP class. We will get Hotfixed in a month or less after the season starts
    Whaaaat? I've played a warlock for years, and we're perpetually OP. I can't think of a single season where warlocks weren't at least above average. And in most seasons, we're flat out overpowered.

I don't even think warriors have had it as good as we have. Priests might be close, but certainly not warriors.

Deleted
    I think Demo is gonna be good even if they berfed DB by 30% itll still be probably be the hardest nuke in the game. Roll KJC and Dark Soul Glyph and blow shit up every minute. Axe Toss gives you additional CC so you can afford Howl or Coil and you can also take Blood Horror for additional anti melee.

EDIT: And agree with the above, don't fear, it might not be the spec you like the most but atleast one of the Warlock specs will be competetive in PVP as it has been every expansion. The Five Horsemen of WoW PVP (mage, lock, rogue, warrior, druid) shall reign supreme as they always have.
    Last edited by mmoc1ce6837a88; 2014-10-05 at 01:24 PM.

Druids weren't so outstanding in Cata. If anything, the top classes/specs have always been Warlocks (esp affliction), shamans (especially resto, also ele) and mages (frost, even though ladder representation isn't as high as others they have always been in tourneys/winning teams).

Honestly I think the biggest problem WoW has ever had was the affliction/rsham synergy, which they are nerfing in WoD. That's kind of good, but I wish they wouldn't do it without fucking over the other 2 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    I think Demo is gonna be good even if they berfed DB by 30% itll still be probably be the hardest nuke in the game. Roll KJC and Dark Soul Glyph and blow shit up every minute. Axe Toss gives you additional CC so you can afford Howl or Coil and you can also take Blood Horror for additional anti melee.

EDIT: And agree with the above, don't fear, it might not be the spec you like the most but atleast one of the Warlock specs will be competetive in PVP as it has been every expansion. The Five Horsemen of WoW PVP (mage, lock, rogue, warrior, druid) shall reign supreme as they always have.
    Yeah, Demonbolt hits like a truck. The only problem is that anyone with half a brain will see you pop Demon Form and train you into the ground.

Right now it's not Warlocks that need to be tuned, it's melee tuning. Affliction damage is definitely there with Dark Soul and Soulburn: Haunt. Destruction damage is definitely low and could use a boost since they have to stop moving to do any sort of damage at all.

For some reason I feel that demon bolt will be nerfed long before mellee will. It seems to be the design intent to tone casters down and they have achieved that. And the minute cries of demon bolt one shots echo through the forums the spec will get nerfed to the ground just like it did at the start of MOP.

Which would be sad because demo really has nothing going for it. If demo is viable because of demon bolt, then the spec's viability would end up being based on a one trick pony. Just like MoP with Chaos Waves killing entire teams, before promptly being nerfed into obscurity.

Demo is the spec that made me want to play a warlock. Kinda wish they'd make it viable outside of gimmicks.

Yeah I'm going to test the spec without demon bolt. I need to see if the spec is even bursty at all with chaos wave and toc spam as opposed to demon bolt 3 shots.

Just tried out Beta, only played Demonology. My first impression: Demon Bolt hits like a damn truck. As in, 100k Crits without even optimizing my gear. I just created a character and started playing (took the on-use trinket though instead of proc).
    Chaos Wave damage seems to be rather "good" with it critting up to 40k-50k from what I've seen. It's absolute bullshit that we have to give up a glyph to slow down with HoG though. When it comes to glyphs, I feel forced to take glyph of Dark Soul and Wild Imps, then I'm left to chose between actually getting a snare for my spec or increasing my miserable healthstone's healing. Glyph of Demon training is out of the question, although I'd love to have it...
    As for the gameplay itself, it feels mostly like "don't do jack shit 90% of the fight", then setup to nuke down a target. Good thing is that it isn't instant, so it might at least be challenging to set up some burst in arena

More things to add:
    -The Drain Life gameplay has got to go. It feels retarded spamming out that spell vs casters instead of trying to do something skillful.
    -Fighting melee feels weird as hell. It's literally just running away instead of trying to do something other than Corruption. I honestly would love to lose Gateway and Blood Horror in exchange for some stuff like Carrion Swarm, Fel Flame and Shadowflame.

More edits:
    -Rogues aren't so bad (except for Burst of Speed), Dks are a damn nightmare, an unacceptable nightmare. To even get the chance to cast demon bolt I had to go through AMS, IBF, mind-freeze, pet stun, Dark Transformation Charge, Strangulate, Death Grip, then AMS again, then mind-freeze, then...
    -Disc priests are also absurd. I fought one and they did not have the single need to cast anything except when I went full mongo with my Demon Bolts (and even then one PW:Shield ate a full bolt with all CDs). I don't know if this is representative of all healers
    Last edited by Phoenexis; 2014-10-07 at 01:50 AM.

Might be worse than I thought then. Phoenexis since I don't have beta I've been wanting to know if burst is similar to live demo using demon training glyph with grimoire: imp since we can't use doomguard yet popped with imp swarm,CD's , chaos waves, and TOC spam. If you have a chance could you test it to see if it even still does half ass damage as an alternative to demon bolt "since I'm feeling a nerfbat coming".

Might be worse than I thought then. Phoenexis since I don't have beta I've been wanting to know if burst is similar to live demo using demon training glyph with grimoire: imp since we can't use doomguard yet popped with imp swarm,CD's , chaos waves, and TOC spam. If you have a chance could you test it to see if it even still does half ass damage as an alternative to demon bolt "since I'm feeling a nerfbat coming".
    Problem with taking Demon Training is that you have to choose between losing glyph of Dark Soul, Imp Swarm or HoG/Healthstone/Drain Life. It's such a punishing choice. I don't think glyphs are supposed to dictate whether you are completely gimped in one department to get a tool in another. It should be about enhancing one aspect of your spells in exchange for another.

I'll try it when I get the time though. I've seen some pretty good burst with Wild Imps, GrimServ, Meta and Demonic Servitude.