Deleted

Problems with garrosh his Empowered whirlwind corruption. (NORMAL)

well i was raiding with the guild again and we always have problems with the empowered whirlwind corruption its getting messy and the healers sometimes can't even reach the dps because we spread too far.

Our group consisted out.

2 Ret Paladins.
    2 Holy Paladins
    1 Resto Shaman
    1 Warrior Tank
    1 Monk Tank
    2 Warlocks
    1 Hunter

Dps wasn't a problem it was just that we couldn't position Right.

So i am asking for advice or tips to make this phase go easier.

Thanks in advance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are you 3 healing it, I mean you really shouldn't need to but just spread out a couple yards (still in healing range) don't stand in purple and pop a raid cd. Then everyone kills their add and its done. You said it though positioning is the issue and forums cannot make players better, they can only advise. There is no trick to not stand in things other than to just not do it.

I mean you said dps isn't an issue but more makes every fight easier.

More dps on garrosh means less emp wirlings, less weapons , etc

hell with high enough dps you can do garrosh with 1 or even 0 emp wirlings on normal/flex.
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2014-06-29 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Oh come one. I love offering advice but you have 3 healers and people are out of range? Engage brain. Don't move so far out.

Before a pull assign spots. The only reason for a person to move is if a purple swirly spawns at your feet. That hurts when it lands and thats where the add spawns. Thats "your" add and you need to kill it or if you are a healer stun it until a dps can take care of it.

Conventional wisdom is to 2 heal it. Theres not enough damage to justify 3 unless people are bad at avoiding stuff. If thats the case they need to get better. The faster the boss transitions the less EWC's you have.

2 heal, 1 tank it and don't get an empowered whirl until the very end of the fight which the tank can just pop all cds for and aggro them while you zerg through the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mark a healer(s) to follow when you are moving. Now it depends on how you handle the weapons after the second realm.

If you leave them up, then the "stacking" point is one of your marked healers - make sure you call it out or toss a new marker on the ground and tell your people to move there.

If you kill the weapons after second realm, "stack" as you would in phase 2 (if you ofc move between 2 markers).

Loosely stacking and moving from the purple swirlies under you is the key.

You have 4 devo auras + 4/8 bubbles, 1 HTT + 1 SLT on top of cry and banner. Just sort your CDs for the emp. whirls and the damage will be under control, even if people might be bit outside your healer's range.

I do agree that there is not that much damage if done correctly, so go 2 healing -just keep your resto as healer, shamans are good for the fight.

Unless you sort your stacking location and positioning I foresee that MC will be your downfall as well, as people will be outside of the interrupt range as well.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-06-30 at 05:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddwow View Post
    well i was raiding with the guild again and we always have problems with the empowered whirlwind corruption its getting messy and the healers sometimes can't even reach the dps because we spread too far.

Our group consisted out.

2 Ret Paladins.
    2 Holy Paladins
    1 Resto Shaman
    1 Warrior Tank
    1 Monk Tank
    2 Warlocks
    1 Hunter

Thanks in advance.
    Two things that will help (depending on ilvl)

firstly go two heal (we didnt even three heal it normal when we 550 ilvl) considering there's always 8 adds you're making it a potential of 3 healers getting an add to deal with.

secondly if you've been progressing a while i can safely assume you're all 560ish ilvl. At this point your raiders should be able to survive with personal DRs an healthstones (if you have them if not it still shouldn't be an issue). All classes have some kind of big personal they can pop here so trying to stick to healers is by no means needed and is probably detrimental to your raid as if you're trying to stay in healing range then chances are the healers will end up pulling aggro from an add that wasn't quickly picked up by it's prospective dps. Dps should be able to burn their ads extremely quickly and help out any healers that have their own add.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you stack and move from the purple? that will just result in all the adds grouping up and empowering.

Unless you're suggesting they try a kiting strat in 10 man normal?!

I might be misinterpreting what you're suggesting but if I am then there's a chance others might also.

It's very simple to just spread around one side of the room with the healers roughly in the middle pop DRs, pick up your own add, nuke it down, start moving to boss via the edges of the room (for desecrate) whilst helping any healer with their add.

Deleted
    Thanks alot for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Oddwow View Post

Our group consisted out.

2 Ret Paladins.
    2 Holy Paladins
    1 Resto Shaman
    1 Warrior Tank
    1 Monk Tank
    2 Warlocks
    1 Hunter

Thanks in advance.
    It is a DPS issue when you 2 tank and 3 heal a fight that should be solo tanked and 2 healed 2 more dps will make that fight trivial with fairly average dps you will avoid empowered in p2 and have at most 1 in last phase as you are burning the boss in his last couple of seconds