Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    So i was doing random heroics on my Mistweaver and queue times was like 1h+ so I queued as a tank. While I was on healing spec..

When we were at the entrance I said " hey peeps I'm not a tank but i queued up as one because the queue times are really long"
    Don't need to read the rest but to be clear I did.

You are at fault you hate the community for kicking you when u was at fault. If you want healer gear Q as a healer don't abuse the tank Q because your to dam lazy to wait for ur Q.

I play a DPS I have to deal with the 1hr+ Q all the time. I am so tired of Healers/Dps coming in as a tank it just makes us wait longer after we kick them. If ur going to Q as a tank then roll as a tank.

This applys to LFR/LFD ect....No respect for anyone who abuse's the LFD/LFR system.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    looool, you still do CMs?
    Yes, trying to get it on my 6th character, and I dont see why is this funny to you.
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naelwen View Post
    I bet 4 healers and 1 dps would be considered smoothly in his mind as well. No one is dying right?
    The fact that he doesn't contribute at all remains. And he is forcing everyone else to randomly tank everything.
    While his healing is not needed.
    That's the part I don't get, queueing as healer/tank is fine, but do something useful and switch to your DPS spec when in the dungeon. No one cares if you queue wrong spec, but being useless in HC (i.e. being a healer or a tank) and not doing any DPS should get you kicked at first pull.

I don't mind an over geared DPS tank if they get threat on the whole pack.

The tank's job is to soak damage and maintain threat. if your dps spec can't do that, you should not be tanking. All that ends up happening is you offload your laziness onto the healer to deal.

However, rolling on loot you didn't queue the spec for is never cool. If you wanted it, ask. if the other healer desired it, it wasn't yours to begin with.
    Last edited by eem5; 2014-06-30 at 05:46 AM. Reason: typo!

The community thinks the same thing about you. Don't you realize what a scumbag move that is?

You're forcing everyone else to cover for you because you're slacking.

A: The group have no tank, making the run less smooth to say the least (forcing all dps to tank instead).
    B: You tag along as a second healer, when the group already has a healer (you barely need 1 healer tbh).

And you still need on that healers items.

Come on, look at your self, how much are you contributing to the group here?

I'm also surprised you didn't get kicked when you entered the door, even claiming you where queuing as tank in healer spec to cut the queue.
    You're right only because he was a MW (so he has no +threat modifier). Plate DPS are better tanks than tanks for dungeons now. Especially Ret because they can simply put righteous fury on without losing any DPS and pull more threat than any tank.

Whenever I see a geared DPS plate as tank in a dungeon I'm happy as can be knowing I'm about to get fast valor. Don't blame the players for doing what works best. Blame Blizz for not giving us new, harder dungeons beyond the 5.0 ones.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2014-06-30 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I queue as tank on my warrior. Tank it in full arms in defensive stance. i pull the most dps and never go bellow 80% hp. Although I have a full set of tank gear in my bags incase someone has a tauren and wants me to tank.

I also queue as healer and dps on other toons and they are only 7 min long. its no big deal. do a scenario while you wait.

I bet 4 healers and 1 dps would be considered smoothly in his mind as well. No one is dying right?
    The fact that he doesn't contribute at all remains. And he is forcing everyone else to randomly tank everything.
    While his healing is not needed.
    It was a fast run.. the three Damage dealers were doing insanely good dps.. Trash/Bosses were dying in a few seconds.
    Edit Signature.

if your presence was a non issue being over-geared in a dungeon, I see no reasons for kicking you.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-06-30 at 05:51 AM.

You inconvenience people that did wait long, for your own personal gain. I'm in the corner of the people that kicked you here. You queue as a role, you better damn well perform that role.

Loot in HC dungeons? wtf I had to check if this was a nerco post because who gives a flying shit about loot that you can replace with BoA items, I pass on everything in dungeons most bosses don't even get looted when I run dungeons because if you got time to look at loot you are going too slow

most dungeons I prefer to just go 5 dps

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok so you won the piece you need and didn't even have to finish the instance? That's great, why complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by sargior View Post
    I queue as tank on my warrior. Tank it in full arms in defensive stance. i pull the most dps and never go bellow 80% hp. Although I have a full set of tank gear in my bags incase someone has a tauren and wants me to tank.
    No problem with that if you're actually performing the role you queued for and aren't rolling on dps loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Ok so you won the piece you need and didn't even have to finish the instance? That's great, why complaining?
    Because he lives in some crazy part of the world where healer Qs take an hour +. Sounds like he'd be better suited just building a quick BrM set via the TI. Could prolly do it while waiting to Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    You inconvenience people that did wait long, for your own personal gain. I'm in the corner of the people that kicked you here. You queue as a role, you better damn well perform that role.
    You are right, but at this stage dungeons are really.. really easy and tbh I dont see why it is a bad thing to speed up the queue.
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    That's the part I don't get, queueing as healer/tank is fine, but do something useful and switch to your DPS spec when in the dungeon. No one cares if you queue wrong spec, but being useless in HC (i.e. being a healer or a tank) and not doing any DPS should get you kicked at first pull.
    yeh about that. there is this cool thing called fistweaving where monks do pretty decent damage in heal spec

I'll admit, abusing the queue system pisses me off. Pure DPS are stuck with long wait times while hybrids that over gear can reduce their wait time significantly by just queuing up for a faster role, but if the run isn't having issues this late in the expac I don't see a major issue for it.

Competent players that queue for faster roles mean that more DPS have a healer/tank slot so they can zone in sooner. Unfortunately the flipside is that this promotes similar behavior from people that are not competent, which can waste players time down the road.

I would however, have mentioned at the start that it was Healer Challenge gear that you were there for. I find it's best to be upfront about your intentions when in a group.
    Last edited by Xynen; 2014-06-30 at 05:55 AM.

You very much brought it on yourself for queueing on a spec you weren't using and abusing the system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    It was a fast run.. the three Damage dealers were doing insanely good dps.. Trash/Bosses were dying in a few seconds.
    And how did YOU contribute? Did the group need two healers? I've never heard of a dungeon in need of two healers before...
    Also, did YOU tank all mobs+bosses? Or did everyone else have to randomly tank, even though none of them queued as tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Valor bonus bro!
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    Sounds good in theory but I've been able to swap over to tank spec in LFRs to help the group move along faster until another tank queues in. I've waited for over an hour halfway through an lfr waiting for a tank. LFD and BGs would work nicely though.
    Well you could simply give people the ability to swap roles while in the dungeon/LFR provided there's an empty slot to accomodate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.