Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will you reroll should blizz not revert heroic strike

If so...to what? A lot of the new changes to other classes don't seem to intriguing but no way will I play a warrior who constantly gets rage-capped

Deleted
    Just wow..

15+ Year Old Account
    OK, reroll, post whine topics everywhere and then cancel.
    Sensible people will wait until they fix the rage issue, this will obviously not stay that way.

It depends. If the class goes live even remotely similar to how it is now for Fury or Arms (since I can't even imagine these changes going live due to how bad it is), I will likely play one of my alts. On the other hand, if they do manage to make the class actually interesting/fun while maintaining real depth through sensible changes, I'll play it even if there is no Heroic Strike. I'll definitely miss it if it's gone though, if not for more than nostalgia.

If the class goes live with the current iterations, which I doubt it will, and it's as bad as it currently is.. then yes, I will reroll to something else. However, we're just now in the beta. I sincerely doubt that the class is going to go live the way it is now, or even close to it.

The removal of Heroic Strike is strange, but as long as it's replaced (why bother removing it if it's going to be replaced with something else?) with something sensible, I really won't care much. I can't speak for Fury, as I don't play it, but Arms' play style on live is perfectly fine with me. It needed something, yes, but it didn't need gutted in to what it is right now in the beta. But I'm holding hope that this is going to end up being a "strip it, break it down, and build it back up" type of thing, where the finished product for the class as a whole will actually be something pretty fun.

I just hope they can keep a distinction between Arms and Fury, and find something to make said distinction unique, and not just a different rotation with a different ability for either side.

No. Absolutely not. I do not play this game to have everything remain the same forever, I understand that changes need to happen, regardless if I agree with them or not. It would be incredibly selfish of me to do such a thing. I prefer to go around with an open mind and a willingness to try something new or different. Yea, if Heroic Strike is taken away from Fury, it might suck for a bit, but I will get over it. I play a warrior because it perfectly matches who I actually am in real life, not because it has the most compelling or innovative rotation/priority queue.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I'll wait until I see the next build, I guess. if it means they're bringing Heroic Strike back but putting it on the GCD, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account

Drama, too much drama

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, I never liked Heroic Strike anyways.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of this. I'll wait until I see the next build, I guess. if it means they're bringing Heroic Strike back but putting it on the GCD, no thanks.

What really makes me weary of this twitter exchange is how vague it is. They state heroic strike isn't "being removed", which it's not - for Prot warriors. The language used isn't as clear as I would like it to be. But maybe I am just reading too much into it. I dunno, but I guess waiting is the best thing we can do right now.

Shrug, what's so great about HS?

You won't be rage capped, they'll just give you a different dump (execute I think).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms doesn't really need Heroic Strike. Fury does, and Prot could def use it as a means to dump rage into damage for off-tanking and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they severely bork up both Arms and Fury by drastic changes which don't mesh well at all I'll definitely be forced into changing to a different class, most likely monk given they have a similar high APM play style with a similar skill cap in the easy to learn hard to master department.

I've been playing my warrior since '09 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Being one of the last relatively unique mechanics in the game ?

You won't be rage capped, they'll just give you a different dump (execute I think).
    As a Fury Warrior, Heroic Strike isn't just a function of preventing rage capping which is also important, but it allows us to manipulate our rage spending around times when it's most advantageous to do so, e.g. Colossus Smash windows. Removing an off the GCD ability destroys that playstyle which a lot of us have come to love.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Being one of the last relatively unique mechanics in the game ?
    A flat rage dump with a generic animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    As a Fury Warrior, Heroic Strike isn't just a function of preventing rage capping which is also important, but it allows us to manipulate our rage spending around times when it's most advantageous to do so, e.g. Colossus Smash windows. Removing an off the GCD ability destroys that playstyle which a lot of us have come to love.
    Well I don't play Fury, I do like the off-GCD nature of HS, but it's not exactly a major ability anymore.

All irrelevant anyway as the entire rotation is changing in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I've played on my warrior Fazool for over 9 years now. not going to stop now. Even if we are by far the worst dps and have an absolutely terrible rotation. Been on too many adventures with the guy

A flat rage dump with a generic animation?

Well I don't play Fury, I do like the off-GCD nature of HS, but it's not exactly a major ability anymore.

All irrelevant anyway as the entire rotation is changing in WoD.

It is a major ability. I would say something that does 12% of my damage on a single target fight, a major ability.