Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Those in Beta: how has transportation been improved.

Serious question to those in beta.

Have flight points been sped up?

Are gathering nodes more plentiful?

Has mount speed increased?

Blizzard stated it was not their intention to slow down travel.

I have been excited to hear what has been done in game to make up for the removal of flying?

I think some of the pro flying folks may be swayed if they could have some of the details on how blizzard modified the transportation to make up for no flying.

I know blizz has been silent. I was hoping for some feedback from those in beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post

I have been excited to hear what has been done in game to make up for the removal of flying?
    Jack-all excites you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    Jack-all excites you?
    Heh, and that's /thread

15+ Year Old Account
    In a nutshell, OP, they didn't. Which is exactly why the pro fliers still aren't buying this crap (including myself, and yes I am in beta).
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Of the few flight points I have, they seem to be pretty direct flights. Still slightly scenic route-ish compared to just as the crow flies, of course
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I kinda wish they would remove flight points as well and replace them with wagons we had to ride from point A to B. Sometimes the wagons would come under attack by the Iron Horde and we'd have to stop to fend them off and if we didn't succeed, we'd be stranded out in the middle of nowhere and have to mount up and ride to our final destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    In a nutshell, OP, they didn't. Which is exactly why the pro fliers still aren't buying this crap (including myself, and yes I am in beta).
    they maybe just havent improved the other means of transportation yet in the beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    I kinda wish they would remove flight points as well and replace them with wagons we had to ride from point A to B. Sometimes the wagons would come under attack by the Iron Horde and we'd have to stop to fend them off and if we didn't succeed, we'd be stranded out in the middle of nowhere and have to mount up and ride to our final destination.
    That will cost you 2 weeks of development time i'm afraid no 6.0 till January
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Serious question to those in beta.

Have flight points been sped up?

Are gathering nodes more plentiful?

Has mount speed increased?

Blizzard stated it was not their intention to slow down travel.

I think some of the pro flying folks may be swayed if they could have some of the details on how blizzard modified the transportation to make up for no flying.

I know blizz has been silent. I was hoping for some feedback from those in beta.
    supposedly there are boosts to mount speed in the works as garrison perks. I play a rogue so I can just pick nightstalker and burst of speed with a run speed enchant to run faster than a mount while stealthed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time I alt tab or get up during fp but the few times I didn't it seemed more direct.
    The green quality ore seems too plentiful but I'm guessing not enough people are collecting it to make an accurate deduction.
    Walking seems to be a tad faster. (seems they buffed the boot enchant from 8% to 10%)
    Also there is a 30% runspeed buff in frostfire ridge while out of combat.
    The guild perk seems to be nerfed down to 10% mount speed.

The only thing that could possibly change my mind about no flying is a ground mount that goes faster then current flying. (has to be faster to make up for lost time taking the scenic route)

At the very least, they have specifically asked for feedback on flight paths that are not direct or efficient, and for us to inform them if we encounter any.

Based on that, they are committed to improving flight path efficiency.

I didn't see anyone touch on it yet but no, gathering nodes seem fairly scarce. Granted, there were a lot of people in the area so I could have just missed some. I think you're intended to use your garrison to supplement your gathering, but mine's not that high yet so I'm not sure.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    At the very least, they have specifically asked for feedback on flight paths that are not direct or efficient, and for us to inform them if we encounter any.

That sounds reasonable... until you think about it.Want direct flight paths from Flight point A to all the ones it's connected to? DRAW LINES. I mean, how hard can that be? Sure, it's a lot of lines but... direct means direct. Straight. No detours over other FPs. No looping around. If they can't draw straight lines and create flight paths along them something is drastically wrong.

Now, sure, they might not have all of those in the beta... but again, that stuff should be tracked internally in a bug tracker.

I would say roughly 40% of my gameplay seems to consist of flying around on flight points, kinda disappointed in how it is and hopefully they take the feedback on it to heart or getting around post expansion launch is going to be a nightmare

One thing I noticed, is if you get the Stables you can unlock a perk that allows you to interact with objects whilst on your mount, 20% speed increase, and a 50% less of a chance to get dazed off your mount. Also, the Workshop has a jetpack on level 2. Strange.

Way way way too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That sounds reasonable... until you think about it.Want direct flight paths from Flight point A to all the ones it's connected to? DRAW LINES. I mean, how hard can that be? Sure, it's a lot of lines but... direct means direct. Straight. No detours over other FPs. No looping around. If they can't draw straight lines and create flight paths along them something is drastically wrong.

Now, sure, they might not have all of those in the beta... but again, that stuff should be tracked internally in a bug tracker.
    I think they want to find a line where flight paths can be scenic while at the same time not being time consuming.

They aren't. Hope you like no flying and all the fun quirks it comes with!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

Or, to be cynical, they're at least looking like they're committed to improving flight patch efficiency. (Have they ever promised fast travel, or is it just one of those "Eh, we're thinking about doing it, but don't you dare take us at our word" things Blizz likes to do?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The flight paths are incredibly direct in FFR atleast, I have not testing SMV yet, my biggest problem is the glitches that cause it to stall in mid-air, but they could go a bit faster. I will actually be making a feedback thread on the beta now that my main account has access.

But yes Barkloud, I know you made the thread to try and start a debate, but in my opinion, there was a massive improvement and it could be better.

Edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13348544793

Here is the feedback.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2014-07-04 at 07:15 AM.