View Poll Results: What are your thought regarding running away after ganking

Voters
117. This poll is closed
  • Hahaha I got away to gank you another day

53 45.30%
  • I feel embarrassed I had to run

8 6.84%
  • This is part of playing a rogue and I am not ashamed of it, but I wish I didn't need it

27 23.08%
  • I play my rogue purely because of this reason

29 24.79%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wow I hate rogue gankers

Just to be clear, this isn't intended as a QQ thread. More of an amused observation of my own biases in WoW.

I know why I hate Rogue gankers... it isn't because they gank. I occasionally gank when bored, though I don't derive the pleasure from it that some folks seem to. It is my sense of "fair play" that seems to be the antithesis of a Rogue. I am not heroic geared but I am geared enough. Running around the Isle, I stay in Guardian spec as my druid and Blood on my DK. Why? because I don't want to die to easily ganks.

It is just my sense of fair play that he who initiates should not be allowed to run away, and that is the perk of being a rogue. Especially on my druid I have bleeds, Faerie Fire and the kitchen sink on a rogue and they do whatever it is they do and vanish. I am ok with a rogue sapping me as I go by and being able to initiate on their terms, but damn if it doesn't piss me of when they discover they will lose and just run.

I don't play a rogue, one of the few classes I have never leveled. So I am honestly wondering about the mindset of the person playing the rogue. When I try to gank if I get my @$$ handed to me, I feel like I tried and was outgeared/classed. If I win, I feel successful. If you are a rogue and forced to run from a fight you started, do you view it as

1) Hahaha I got away to gank you another day
    2) I feel embarrassed I had to run
    3) This is part of playing a rogue and I am not ashamed of it, but I wish I didn't need it
    4) I play my rogue purely because of this reason

Also do any of you refuse to run and prefer to lose?

I know other classes can escape. Engineers are a close second in gankers I hate. Rocket boots and hang glider etc annoys me, but I can at least anticipate that and get my Vortex down or roots and try to finish them before they flee.

My lifetime Hk's says Hi!!

It's all situational Tricksterjim. If your a good rogue and kiting away your most likely pacing the fight for CD management or looking for a re-stealth. It's all situational though, but you'll know you got a pro rogue on you just by the way one position themselves on openers. Also the reaction time when you trinket and get hit with an instant blind should be another indicator!
    Last edited by Cheerbleeder; 2014-07-02 at 02:09 AM.

I have a vanish / potion of deepholm macro for when they finally bring enough to kill me. I adore ganking and never dying.

I prefer to stand and fight on my rogue though i get cut down to other classes. one of the reason why i stopped my subscription is because honestly i cannot bring it back to the other ganks; usually its me vs 5 others and i can't peel them at all. theres no registration in their minds for respect giving to me and so i canceled my subscription. im on a rppvp server.

the devs intent the rogue to be this way and i think its bullshit.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

I dont get it... I can get away on my monk aswell, mages can get away from fight fairly easily aswell, so can hunters. Heck, even ferals can run and try for a restealth once the dots fade. So in other words, almost half the classes have a decent shot at a good tactical retreat. Rogues just happen to be one of the best ones at it.

None of the options above , i have vanished away from tanks and warlocks and monks because their healing is just stupid and if i dont do enough damage in a opener and i just see i can't outdamage them i just run away.Talking purely about my bloody coin faming days since that is the only world pvp these days.Being censered puts you at a disadvange against other people because they can use healing water//book of ages//Singing crystal + shrine and sometimes you have to run to preserve your cd.

back in my day rogue failing to gank rerolled bear. nowadays everyone is waaaaaay too self-sufficient so its not interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I know I'm going to lose I sit down and AFK. I only run away to re-stealth or wait for major cooldowns.

Deleted
    I don't even bother trying to gank rogues if they have too much HP for me to one shot, they ALWAYS get away, and they will come back for your blood on their own terms, in my experience they are honorless dogs, but that's perfect because you wouldn't want your thief archetype class to be any other way :P

Deleted
    well that's kinda what the rogue class is all about

you're a sneaky assassin, wouldn't you run away if you can't win a fight in rl?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    I prefer to stand and fight on my rogue though i get cut down to other classes. one of the reason why i stopped my subscription is because honestly i cannot bring it back to the other ganks; usually its me vs 5 others and i can't peel them at all. theres no registration in their minds for respect giving to me and so i canceled my subscription. im on a rppvp server.

Can this written in a way people can understand what you're saying? I'm interested.

On topic: I'm a rogue myself and there are times when i bite off more than i can chew. At my disposal are the tools to escape, so i use them. Its not a personality complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post

You canceled your subscription because of that? Seriously?

Thanks! The game is better without ppl like you who cancel subs due to minimal reasons. I think you are the most despiteful kind of player WoW ever had and I hope you never, ever come back.

No personal offense intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    They run away to restealth. It's blizzard's design, they've made a spec (not sure, I believe you're talking about sub) that needs to be in stealth or cds to do any damage. It's been like this for a while, yes, but Rogues used to be better than every class but Mages in terms of CC, doing less damage than a Warrior for example was understandable.

Now you have a little window every time you can restealth when FW is up with master of subtlety, prey on the weak and veins to open hard.

I prefer to stand and fight on my rogue; though i get cut down 95% of the time, from other classes. this is one of the reasons why i stopped my subscription. honestly the devs don't let you as a rogue defend your self; usually its me vs 5 others and i can't peel them at all. theres no registration in their minds for respect given to me and so i canceled my subscription. im on a rppvp server.

the devs intend the rogue to be this way and i think its bullshit.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB option "This is part of playing a rogue and I am not ashamed of it, and I'm totally fine with it."

When I first ever saw players complaining about flying mounts in the game, my first thought was that Rogue's were the ones complaining because they couldn't kill people for no reason as often.

A dwarf rogue with a trinket up is impossible to gank. Only problem is that you have to play a dwarf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I don't even bother trying to gank rogues if they have too much HP for me to one shot, they ALWAYS get away, and they will come back for your blood on their own terms, in my experience they are honorless dogs, but that's perfect because you wouldn't want your thief archetype class to be any other way :P
    exactly this. always some rogue who will puss out and vanish instead of taking defeat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    exactly this. always some rogue who will puss out and vanish instead of taking defeat
    It really is the most logical course of action. I know in my mind I was defeated, but I don't feel like taking an avoidable corpse walk just to put myself in a position where I might be camped.

I love people who think rogues shouldn't use the tools they've been given.