Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10 man heroic Garrosh help ( first intermission mainly )

Hello,
    first of all we have a bit of odd and bad raid composition
    here is what we run with

2 - mages ( 1 is fire other one switches from boss to boss but fire for garrosh )
    2 - elemental shammies
    1 - Prot Warrior
    1 - Blood DK
    1 - Ret Pally
    1 - Holy Pally
    1 - Resto Druid
    1 - Combat rogue ( me )

we tried several different group splits for first intermission phase
    we tried 3 groups first
    Grp 1 , shaman, Fire mage, combat rogue
    grp 2. Shaman, Ret Pally, Mage
    grp 3. 2 tanks and 2 heals

while doing that way we were too slow on timer, Garrosh usually got to around 28 energy

then we tried 5 groups of 2 people .
    grp 1. Mage and shammy
    grp 2. 2 tanks,
    grp 3. Druid and ret pally
    grp 4. Me ( rogue ) and Holy pally
    grp 5. other mage and other shammy

While doing that way we get him in time we kill all adds around 18-20 energy on garrosh
    but problem is We NEVER got out of it with all 10 ppl alive , there is always 2 or 3 inturrpts that misses out ( mostly one shammy said she was using totemic projection but totem was still exploding in the middle where she initially placed it )

I thought we might try 4 groups, 1st group wiith me ( rogue ) and holy pally, I just destroy adds i can kill one grp of adds fast with killing spree and AR ( with blade flurry ) if needed to
    and then have 2 tanks as 2nd grp in the middle
    and grp 3. will be ele shammy, fire mage, ret pallly, and grp 4 will be another ele shanny another mage, resto druid ,
    what I had in mind with that start is , tanks would be able to kill their adds in middle fine , and the other two grps once they finish the 1st set of adds they both would go to 2nd set of adds ( let's say on left close to garrosh ) and both grp destroy them , ( rogue and holy pally will be on right set of adds close to garrosh , and they'll kill them fast )
    idk if that will work we haven't tried it .

but any suggestions on grp set up will be really appriciated

( also some people say prot warrior can solo one set of adds can someone elaborate on that like what talents he takes and basic rotation or things he do > )

Thank you very much
    ROUGH sketch to see it visually a lil better
    Last edited by shahharsh2010; 2014-07-02 at 07:36 AM.

Deleted
    Ever tried it with one tank and one heal?
    We did it with pala tank and heal, but i think with current gear almost everyone can do this.
    After few tries we finished at 20-22 energy.

Quote Originally Posted by kranq View Post
    Ever tried it with one tank and one heal?
    We did it with pala tank and heal, but i think with current gear almost everyone can do this.
    After few tries we finished at 20-22 energy.
    no we haven't tried one tank or one heals yet,

Usually, our maintank does the Group in the middle solo (druid) while the others do the rest in 5-Man and 4-Man groups. We rotate a 22 Man roster ATM and most combinations work pretty well

Prot warrior can solo kick one set of adds, not kill it. Aoe kick the first cast, mass stun another - profit. But you still need dps to put them down.
    If you have your setup with 18-20 energy going, just practice it a bit more there is nothing you can do if people are not doing what they are supposed to.

We're doing something similar to your latest strategy:

close left pack - hunter and shaman (single kick first cast, one cast goes off -> aoe stun totem second cast)
    close right pack - prot war, disc priest, whatever dpser (prot warr kicks all the casts)
    far right pack - 2 dpsers + healer (while running to it - they drop an attack or two into middle pack)
    middle pack - rogue + monk tank (just as you say, rogue destroys the pack with killing spree or whatever and I kick the only cast with engineering pistol)
    far left pack - after finishing middle, tank + rogue proceed to it, but the casts are managed by monk's aoe stun.

And a few words about your classes' capabilities, in case you don't know some of them:

any shammy - aoe stun totem, very-very good
    mages - useless, only provide one counterspell. Fire mage should come prepared into room - he MUST have pyroblast proc active.
    prot warrior - 2 aoe interrupts, king of the room
    blood dk - basicly can stun 1 pack with remorsless winter, but I guess he uses the aoe-getoverhere talent, it's more usefull on garrosh.
    ret pally/holy pally - 1 aoe interrupt (blinding light with knockdown glyph iirc)
    resto druid - completely controls and kicks 1 mob (should save heart of the wild until here)
    combat rogue - good at delivering burst dps

ANY engineer - pistols for aoe kicks. you don't need a lot of them, but couple of engineers come handy there.

We kill him with 2 Tanks (prot warry and BrM Monk) and 1 heal (resto Shaman) and we Do it with 5 groups à 2 people. You will need all your mass stuns and mass interrupts to kill 2 of 3 adds per group and the third (if it is still alive) with a Single kick. Of course, as the front groups will be faster, because the back groups need to walk First, they help as soon as they've downed their own adds.
    So try to have at least 1 masskick or stun per group and burst those adds down. Even well timed stunning totems work.

@Tanthalas
    Ya most of us do as you described about class capabilities
    we do have 2 engineers not sure if they are using pistols or not

and yup dk uses the aoe-getoverhere talent

any tips on shammy using their stun totems correctly ? they seem to be walking few steps forward when we get pulled into the phase then dropping totems, and using totemic projection but lot of times its been bugging or something where totem goes off right where they dropped it rather then in the grp where they used totemic projection to.

@ ceall
    yah when we were trying 5 groups of 2 , we divided so each group would have one aoe stun / inturrpt for first spell cast, and for 2nd each person was assigned specific ( right or left ) ad on their grp ( front ad in each grp should be dead by now )

Quote Originally Posted by shahharsh2010 View Post
    @Tanthalas
    any tips on shammy using their stun totems correctly ? they seem to be walking few steps forward when we get pulled into the phase then dropping totems, and using totemic projection but lot of times its been bugging or something where totem goes off right where they dropped it rather then in the grp where they used totemic projection to.
    Our shammy had some problems too, but handled them fast. Maybe they should try running to the pack and dropping totem without projection, since they can cast while moving it shouldn't be a dps loss.

I dont see the benefit of 4 groups over 3.

With 3 groups the idea is to have some people move from bottom left/right to top early while people at the bottom stay to finish off low HP adds.

If you are horde holy pallies can also do a lot of interrupting. Finally, post logs :P

Deleted
    You should try to do your pack without AR/SB. You loose much CD uptime and restless blade cd.
    Normaly a killing spree in yellow/ red insight is enough if you take a tank to kick your adds ( warri in your case)
    You could also safe 5 Cps to redirect if it gets hard to solo it

Deleted
    U can easily solo tank all this fight as a prot warrior and burn one pack in 1st intermission, ur warrior should be full rage :

pop reck+skull banner+bloodbath, leap > thunderclap> shield block + shield slam on 1 add,
    shockwave first cast >
    thunderclap > shield block + shield slam second add,
    aoe kick second cast >
    finish last add, maybe charge him for interrupt third cast.

Works very well. And for P2-P3 just use shield barrier +60 rage after 4-5 stacks, and pop CD during emp whirlwing (u can use protector's trinket)

(sry for my bad english)

What exactly is the engineering interrupt called?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerun View Post
    What exactly is the engineering interrupt called?
    Its the high powered bolt gun. Needs a handful of obsidium bolts to pew pew each time too.

we switched to 10man during summer break and killed it in about 10 pulls, what we did during the intermission is put a warrior in the middle grp with Shockwave/disruption shout, put 3 people on the top right group and then split the last few people on the two entrance groups, as soon as people finished their group at the entrance our warrior engaged the last group to the left of the boss. we generally did it with about 23-24 energy (mainly because I was playing Unholy so I was useless the whole fight, your comp is much better than ours so once you find the right stratergy you should have no problems with this phase), once u get past this phase the rest of the fight is pretty easy once u learn it. glhf

also, you should probably drop a healer if you're going 2 tanks, it's pretty unnecessary to run with 2 of the non dps roles
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2014-07-02 at 02:53 PM.

the room is bugged and totemic projection will not work properly, i tried it on progress and it's just super clunky and randomly will refuse to move the totem if its too near the edge of the room, then if u don't move it far enough the totem won't hit all 3 = gg.

so step 1 drop projection it's shit, grab call of the elements, assuming you start with a roar have the shaman run in ghost wolf drop capacitor, CotE, watch timer and drop capacitor again to aoe stun all 3 for another 2.5 seconds, they should be dead before they get another cast off if not u have wind shear to stop 1, and whoever is helping you should be able to interrupt another.

I'd run something like this:

Kill the front 3 groups first. When your front group dies, move to your back group. Use Stamp Roar at this point.

Front Right:
    Ret – Blinding Light Stun
    Shaman
    Mage

Front Left:
    hPally – Blinding Light Stun
    Shaman
    Mage
    Druid

Make sure the healers do some damage. There shouldn't be any healing to do. Put your stronger Shaman and Mage on this side, too. The other side will have the Ret to compensate, which can do some mad damage with good procs.

Center:
    Assign interrupts (Kick, Pummel, Mind Freeze)
    Rogue
    Warrior
    DK

------------------------------

Back Right:
    Rogue
    Warrior – Shockwave

Back Left:
    Everyone else – assign interrupts; you will have 8 people, so landing 3 interrupts shouldn't be hard

Everything should die before the second cast.

If you are still slow, make sure people are holding CDs that are useful for this phase instead of blowing them in p1. P1 damage is essentially irrelevant past certain breakpoints (i.e. add spawn timers), and even then, more damage in t1 will help you more than more damage in p1.

As the rogue, make sure you are holding your 2nd set of CDs (or 3rd if your p1 lasts sufficiently long) for Jade Temple. You should toggle BF on, AR+SB the first group, ShS the back group when the center dies, and KSp (ideally stacked with remaining AR+SB time). You will crush add damage this way and really help your group out.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2014-07-02 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I'd run something like this:

Kill the front 3 groups first. When your front group dies, move to your back group. Use Stamp Roar at this point.

Front Right:
    Ret – Blinding Light Stun
    Shaman
    Mage

Front Left:
    hPally – Blinding Light Stun
    Shaman
    Mage
    Druid

Make sure the healers do some damage. There shouldn't be any healing to do. Put your stronger Shaman and Mage on this side, too. The other side will have the Ret to compensate, which can do some mad damage with good procs.

Center:
    Assign interrupts (Kick, Pummel, Mind Freeze)
    Rogue
    Warrior
    DK

Back Right:
    Rogue
    Warrior – Shockwave

Back Left:
    Everyone else – assign interrupts; you will have 8 people, so landing 3 interrupts shouldn't be hard

Everything should die before the second cast.

If you are still slow, make sure people are holding CDs that are useful for this phase instead of blowing them in p1. P1 damage is essentially irrelevant past certain breakpoints (i.e. add spawn timers), and even then, more damage in t1 will help you more than more damage in p1.

As the rogue, make sure you are holding your 2nd set of CDs (or 3rd if your p1 lasts sufficiently long) for Jade Temple. You should toggle BF on, AR+SB the first group, ShS the back group when the center dies, and KSp (ideally stacked with remaining AR+SB time). You will crush add damage this way and really help your group out.
    oh nice raid set up , that might work for us , we might try that tonight and see how it goes.
    Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for some nice suggestions guys, the engineering gun thing was nifty looks like its helping us,
    we tried the 4 group strat ( similar to the one thats on picture ) and it seemed t work well for us we get interrupts and get garrosh with 20-24 energy

... now to work on getting more damage on garrosh during 2nd phase lol he's going into 2nd transition with about 28 % HP ( so 48 in transition )

... now to work on getting more damage on garrosh during 2nd phase lol he's going into 2nd transition with about 28 % HP ( so 48 in transition )
    More reps and efficient movement/assignments should help with that. If you haven't already, assign your Shamans and Druid to bait Desecrates. They suffer the least from movement.

Also, make sure your melee are staying in to DPS during Whirls. The Rogue can CoS every single one (assuming you have a decent AoC) and the Ret can DP every single one if talented, but he still may need some additional healer attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    More reps and efficient movement/assignments should help with that. If you haven't already, assign your Shamans and Druid to bait Desecrates. They suffer the least from movement.

Also, make sure your melee are staying in to DPS during Whirls. The Rogue can CoS every single one (assuming you have a decent AoC) and the Ret can DP every single one if talented, but he still may need some additional healer attention.

During P2 before empower corruption we all stack on boss and soak it with cooldowns
    We have druid pally heal and mage doing weapons

During P2 before empower corruption we all stack on boss and soak it with cooldowns
    We have druid pally heal and mage doing weapons
    Ah, that works too.

You might want to swap a Shaman for the Mage. Mages are less effective while moving whereas Shaman can do most of their rotation on the move. Using 2x healers to do it is fine, but they could be pumping DPS into the boss too since there is very little healing to be done outside of Whirls.

If it's working for you, just stick with it. If you throw up some logs, people might be able to help your raiders pump up their DPS. Otherwise, DPS should just naturally get better each pull as people become more comfortable with the rhythm of the fight.