Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Help me name my kittens :3

Yesterday I finally budged under the cuteness of kittens and went to a family who had a litter in april.
    Except, my mind is literally blanked out when it comes to naming the poor fluffballs!

Some pics here!

They are quite skitterish still, being without their mother suddenly and having spend a good 25 minutes in the car yesterday.
    Regardless, they both already show some distinct charistaristics also from what I saw when I was at their original home.

The black one is cautious. It doesn't like being approached and will find a place to hide. Yet as was laying on the couch last night watching a movie I suddenly felt a fuzzy laying against my back. This one was also more pissed at me than sad when we arrived. Hissing at me as I tried to grab him out of the travel cage and for the first few hours when I approached him with my hand.

The coloured one is a bit more adventurous, but that seems to be largely to find a place to hide. It is a little bit ill, so taking her to the vet tonight. If she gets caught or if I happened to move her ( like putting her on the litterbox ) she would eventually emerge and find its way to the black kitten and cuddle 'behind' it.

In case you missed it, the black one is a male and the coloured one female!

Also any tips you might have to make these the most cutest and awesome cats in the world shall be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    A patty is a great name for a kitten.
    Actually, you reminded me of this
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Name one....DOOMKITTEN!
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm so many names to chose. I recomend:

Male cat: Rahn, Malver, Morales, Volkov, Siegfried
    Female cat: Libra, Yunru, Chitzkoi, Norio, Tanya
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Belt, Shoes, and Purse.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trig Jegman.

Omega and Alpha.

Bonnie and Clyde ^^

Male: Doom
    Female: Unikitty (from the LEGO movie)

Always remember:
    If they escape or you have to look for them for another reason, the name you have to shout has to be the most humiliating thing for you. If you follow that, you named your kitties right.

Put them in a cage and make them fight to the death. Call the one that survives, "boss"?

Seriously though: Gizmo is a good name for a cat

10+ Year Old Account
    Whiskers and Mocha

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lex (short for Alexa) and Xander

Good luck to you and your kittens! You're a wonderful person.

Kindly consider neutering them later if you don't plan to breed them (I believe you don't), it will affect their health positively in a lot of aspects. Choose a good diet for them, if you don't want to bother yourself too much using a natural diet (it IS a bother for a proper diet), use good pet food like Orijen or Acana. Please don't save on health of your pets, and good food means a lot to them.

Thank you for being a person you are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the nice names all, it gives some nice inspiration to think of something suitable for them

Deleted
    Chairman Meow and Dr Mega Baws.

Don't say Nidalee, don't say Nidalee....Nidalee. godamnit!

I actually know someone who named his cat Caitlynn, but not everyone is into league :P

Charles & Diana would be my favorites, I like it if the names fit to each other.

Barsik & Moorka

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I'm crap at coming up with pet names myself, so I'll let others make suggestions which will no doubt be better than anything I'd come up with anyway!
    As a poster above me mentioned, don't skimp on decent food - regular hard food is good for keeping their teeth healthy and make sure you change it up a bit from time to time. It's boring for us to eat the same things day in and day out - it's boring for cats too.
    Remember, milk is not good for cats.

I know kittens are cute as hell, but make sure you don't let them get away with bad behaviour when they're kittens, it'll make it harder to adjust their behaviour as adults. Don't let them bite and claw at your hand in play - introduce toys for that purpose, correct them if they bite/scratch you. A little spritz of plain water from a spray bottle is usually enough to discourage most cats.

Try and get them used to being brushed/groomed by you. Brushing your cats regularly (even if they're short-haired) will help to reduce hairballs, and a lot of cats really enjoy being brushed - mine love it. It makes for a nice bonding exercise.

Finally, please, please neuter your pets. Especially as they're male and female from the same litter - you do NOT want any 'accidents'.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

15+ Year Old Account
    I've half decided on Seph ( for him ) and Kish ( for her )
    If you read it in big lines their names mean 'Eternal Death' and 'Great Joy'

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    I've half decided on Seph ( for him ) and Kish ( for her )
    If you read it in big lines their names mean 'Eternal Death' and 'Great Joy'
    They're nice names
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP