Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My first Garrosh HC kill

After 57 wipes.. 3, 4 hours nights of attempts, we finally were able to take him down on the first pull of the night.
    It wasn't the most flawless kill, but we managed fine.
    I must say as a healer, it was quite easy in terms of that it's a very predictable healing pattern, but nonetheless a hard and challenging boss.

The video:
    youtube /watch?v=MV0ESs_MNFg

I'm going to confess now and say the video is of 2 different nights, because last night I forgot to record the first 3 phases, but I recorded the first phases on earlier attempts.

Feels good to have taken him down, but I know for sure I want to take him down again.
    Last edited by Snasy; 2014-07-02 at 11:48 AM.

Nice job on getting the kill, but without wanting to sound rude, not many people care.

I mean, congratulations and well done, but in all honesty it's been done enough times now and you video brings nothing new to the table. Enjoy farming SoO! I know I will!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Nice job on getting the kill, but without wanting to sound rude, not many people care.

I mean, congratulations and well done, but in all honesty it's been done enough times now and you video brings nothing new to the table. Enjoy farming SoO! I know I will!
    Yes yes I know. I posted it because I just wanted to showoff I guess.

EDIT: I also speeded up the first phases of the video because it's basically the same fight in Normal and HC.
    Last edited by Snasy; 2014-07-02 at 11:31 AM.

He just wanted to express his happiness. Not all players have made of WoW a second job, in order to achieve the fastest kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    He just wanted to express his happiness. Not all players have made of WoW a second job, in order to achieve the fastest kills.
    lol what? After we killed him on 25 I joined an alt 10 man thats been going one night a week. We hit 20% on our first night of Garrosh. Don't pretend that the top 1% are no lifers. The mid guilds that raid 3-4 nights a week raid more than I do, and i'll be killing heroic garrosh twice a week.

Its about efficiency, not time bashed against a wall until you get it.

On topic, congratulations : ). Must be satisfying to finish the tier and start collecting mounts for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

Yea, There are always Naysayers not sure why you needed to point out that "not many people care" really no reason to down play his success.

To OP: Congrats buddy it's always nice to clear out a tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Snasy View Post
    After 57 wipes..
    0_o what now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Yea, There are always Naysayers not sure why you needed to point out that "not many people care" really no reason to down play his success.
    Well the thing is that this forum/thread isn't the place to link your video "just to show off". Anyway gratz.. but I am slightly confused:
    finally
    After 57 wipes
    57 wipes is like nothing. Damn good job, but why is it so special to you if the boss just... died without much effort? I'd wager most 14/14HC people have wiped around(probably more on 10 man) 200 times on him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    0_o what now?
    Item level upgrades, makes sub 25 energy in first intermission quite easy, also they skipped second intermission so they only had to deal with one empowered whirl. Basically all the "hard" parts got made easier with more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Item level upgrades, makes sub 25 energy in first intermission quite easy, also they skipped second intermission so they only had to deal with one empowered whirl. Basically all the "hard" parts got made easier with more dps.
    We were (if I'm not mistaken now) 576 (25M) on the first kill, after about 300 wipes lol. Seeing someone do it in 57 attempts is just.... makes me sad :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    We were (if I'm not mistaken now) 576 (25M) on the first kill, after about 300 wipes lol. Seeing someone do it in 57 attempts is just.... makes me sad :P
    Why be sad? Because the same thing could be said about you by someone from Method. Content gets easier with more gear which is nothing to be sad about.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Why be sad? Because the same thing could be said about you by someone from Method. Content gets easier with more gear which is nothing to be sad about.
    It's more about numbers. Someone at 567 can do 400k DPS, someone else has to be 577 to do that while another person has to be 587. We have reached post nerf though with the 4/4 upgrades.

Congratulations! That is very cool!

Deleted
    Grats! I was expecting to be making progress towards him today, but the EU-realms have been unstable as fuck since a few days back.

15+ Year Old Account
    gz man, hope to get in the club before WoD, ALMOST done Thok, soo, "soon"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Congrats man! Welcome to the 1% club haha
    It's actually the nearly 4% club now. It hung out around 1% for a long time until the 10H nerfs came.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations to you and your team

10+ Year Old Account
    57 wipes? After Blackfuse and Klaxxi, I forgot what it feels like to kill a boss in just 57 attempts...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayjoy View Post
    57 wipes? After Blackfuse and Klaxxi, I forgot what it feels like to kill a boss in just 57 attempts...
    We had over 400 wipes in blackfuse I'm ashamed to say. Although bringing in many different trials and pugs on a boss like that due to "roster boss" it's no real surprise.

And only 100 of those were "let the mines through" DOH

370 wipes on Blackfuse. 200 wipes on Paragons. We're (10 man) ~130 wipes on Garrosh and are just now getting the hang of getting thru 1st intermission without any hiccups. Clearing Garry in 57 wipes, even with the new upgrades, is really damn impressive! Grats mate