Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Awesome, 14 hours of maintenance and now instance servers are lagging.

People simply want to complain, and assign some arbitrary and completely fictional numbers which makes a duration of downtime unacceptable.
    If it does extend beyond some time period that blizzard deem excessive, then they have given short periods of free game time as compensation.
    Just get over it.
    If it was regular and excessive, then blizzard would be losing subs over it.
    It is in their best interest to minimise it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

It's an inconvenience, though one that's pretty easy to overlook. Surely there's other things that people can be doing if they can't get online? If I can't play my MMO of choice due to any reason I simply shrug, log off and go and do something else. That usually means going outside, playing a different game, doing chores, meeting up with friends or just treating myself to a cup of coffee.

I feel sorry for those of you who seem to shut down the moment there's an interruption to WoW's server stability.

Oh man, good times from classic WoW. I remember nearly every week there was a Breaking News post when logging in about The Venture Co. (I think it was that server at least) being down for maintenance. Must've been real fun playing on that server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

After not playing wow for a couple years the idea of paying a monthly fee for a service that isn't even available for the better part of a day every week just baffles me. The monthly sub model is just lost on me these days...

They don't OWE you anything, least of all fully working servers. If it weren't for the fighting men & women at Blizzard you euros would all be speaking German today. So be grateful

Quote Originally Posted by BioEvidence View Post
    With the new extension of the maintainance to 17:00 Cest we are looking at 14 hours of server downtime.

My question is, what was the longest period of time when the server where down. I've been playing this game for 8 years now, but i cant really remember servers ever being down for more than 12 hours.

Mod-note: Locked original thread, others of same topic. Current posts to be merged with another thread.
    I think it was back in Wrath or Cata they had blocks of servers on a 24 hour maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    I think it was back in Wrath or Cata they had blocks of servers on a 24 hour maintenance.
    I remember that. I have a few toons at like level 8 scattered on some random servers so I could satiate my need for WoW while my server was down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    it wouldn't be a problem if for those assumed 2 14 hr maintenances a month the players were compensated in some way for them, but usually they aren't.
    What makes you think they arent? Blizzard designed the initial pricing structure of your monthly payment model with the fact that regular downtime for maintenance was going to be a thing. You dont get compensated for regular maintenance because the compensation is already baked into your monthly payment.

Also, lol at the 2 maintenance periods a month. For pretty much all of Vanilla, TBC and Wrath, maintenance was WEEKLY.

- - - Updated - - -

but like people say its only 50 cents or some shit, blizzard are a lot richer than people that play this game, so giving people a free day won't hurt them that much. but god forbid blizzard doing something nice for their customers.
    As someone once said: Blizzard could literally hand every player of the game a suitcase full of 1000 dollar bills, and at least half of them would complain that the bills are too big and it is a pain changing them to smaller denominations. Blizzard does a shitload of nice things for their customers. The problem is that a large number of their customers are whiny, loudmouthed asshats with entitlement complexes the size of a small country for whom NOTHING is ever good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

like you said, it may not be required to gift the players with a free day, even though blizz fucked up and their customers paid for it, but it would certainly go a long way. blizzard are already branded as a piece of shit company by a lot of people anyway, at least giving players a free day when the servers were down for a long period of time would make people less angry at them.
    And what do you base this completely unsupported statement on? How does maintenance being extended automatically result in "Blizzard done fucked up"? You are acting like the maintenance was extended because Blizzard intentionally screwed something up. Maybe they just found an issue they werent aware of that really needed fixing. Or would you rather they only fixed the stuff they originally intended to fix, and then brought the servers back on line with a potentially serious bug still live?

If you took your car in for engine service and the mechanic discovered that your breaks were about to die, would you bitch out the mechanic because he decided to hold you car for a bit longer and fix the breaks? Or would you be happy that he just serviced your engine then gave you back your car quickly so you could go die in a fiery car crash the next time you tried to stop?