10+ Year Old Account

Star Jedi Knight 2

Buddy just bought me this for me on Steam for my birthday, never played it but I've heard good things about it. Can anyone explain this game without spoiling plot etc.?
    Hey everyone

Why not just play the game?
    Lol, makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Why not just play the game?
    Lol, makes no sense.
    Trust me I would if I could but this internet connection in Canada is killing me, 40kb/s. I'm nearly about to ask my dad if I can get a hotel room with much better internet. Just want a small rundown, nothing major.
    Hey everyone

Ah, Jedi Outcast, one of my favorite games of all time. It pretty much takes place 8 years after Return of the Jedi, whereas you'll play as Kyle Katarn. I'll say this much for plot.

As for gameplay, it's in a way similar to Doom's formula like finding secrets, and there is some backtracking...But the level designs are pretty open, and it is pretty difficult. Needless to say, it's a very fun game and it captures the Star Wars feel very well. Just do yourself a favor and never use the Wookie Bowcaster.

10+ Year Old Account

Its one of the most fun FPS you can play. Its even better when you get lightsaber.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I used to play that multiplayer all the time on MSN gaming zone it was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah this game was amazing for the time.

If you're in any way a Star Wars fan you're going to love it no question.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I used to play that multiplayer all the time on MSN gaming zone it was awesome.
    I remember trying the multiplayer. It was mostly filled with people just standing around and discussing mundane things like the proper preparation of potatoes. I found that thoroughly odd at the time, but I suppose that's what guild chat is about in MMOs so I suppose there always was a market for such things...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Turn on g_saberrealisticcombat for the most authentic jedi simulation ever created.

Proposal: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight = Best game in that series...

Maybe I had just aged too much but by the time I played Jedi Knight 2 I just couldn't get into it the same way, never finished it and therefore didn't unlock the "higher level" jedi powers, but yeah DF2 integrated the Force powers so well, I just felt so OP Force Speed running into a room fll of soldiers, throwing storage crates at half the room, leaping 30 feet into the air onto a high ledge and choking the last standing soldier.... Things like that haven't been replicated (for me) since, almost (There are some weapon/combo attacks in Halo that come close though, especially with the jump pack thing :P)

Also Mysteries of the Sith had some of the best FPS map designs ever, especially for its age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Best of the series IMO. Definitely in gameplay terms.

Dark Forces - essentially a Star Wars DOOM clone. Quite good for its time and there are good things about it, but very old fashioned of course.

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight - excellent storyline and really opened up the series' formula. The lightsaber combat was awkward and the engine hasn't aged well, but if you like hokey FMV era games this is a real gem. Some very memorable levels too. Especially the one in the crashing spaceship.

Jedi Knight 2 (dropped the Dark Forces label) - took the core gameplay of JK and massively improved it, combat feels REALLY good and primarily a Jedi Knight game and less of a hybrid shooter/Jedi game like the last one. I mean you took a while to get your lightsaber and powers but once you did... well you could keep using guns if you wanted but why? Force powers were great, story was good (not as good as JK1, but also a bit less cheesy thanks to the end of the FMV era... YMMV on whether this is good or bad), locations and levels were excellent. Only downside IMO is that there's only two Jedi bosses in the game, the rest of the lightsaber combat being mostly against Force-wielding mooks - who are cool in their own way as enemies but not as cool as the varied unique boss fights in JK1. Also let you jump into an AT-ST for the first time, that was amazing.

God, that saber combat. Sometimes I'd clear a room of tricky mobs, then reload my game and do it again just because it was so much fun. See if I could kill them in an even cooler way, with more force lift/throw combos and things. It felt SO good beating a tough mob in saber combat and hurling lesser minions into the atmosphere.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-07-03 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.