Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickbro View Post
    there is designated seats for elderly, pregnant and disabled people on most sydney trains, those are generally on the first level near the doors, this lady looks to have been not in one of those areas
    Maybe if it's someone in there 80's shaking at the knees or a prego woman over 8 months in, but someone hanidcapped because obesity or a 55year old. Honestly, I would take it as an insult just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    An apology CAN be enough but it seems like people expect all their sins should be forgiven after a 'sorry'. All an apology does is show remorse, and not always for the act. A lot of the time an apology is just someone showing regret they now have to face consequences for their actions and not the action itself which is the case I think here. She obviously thinks asian's are beneath her and not real people and that being associated with them is somehow demeaning, her being 'sorry' after a 'hard day' shouldn't be enough to resolve her verbally attacking people in public.
    if her rant was targetted at only the asian i would agree, but she belittled the *im assuming white fella* (the bogan) and the lady she was talking to about the disrespectful kids also looked relativley caucasion

it was a rant, not a racist rant, it was whoevers close by, is getting a spray, an apology in this setting is more then enough in my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

Respect your fellow passengers

Offer up your seat if all the seats are full and adults are standing. Don't wait to be asked.
    Be polite. Wait for all passengers to leave the train before you get on.
    Be aware of where you're standing. Remember, your backpack can bump into people behind you.
    Have a look at the carriage before you get on. If it's full, spread out along the platform and use different doors. You'll see your friends again later.
    Take care with your school bag. Make sure it's not in the way of other passengers or blocking the walkway or doors and keep it off the seat.
    Help others. Keep an eye out for elderly people and those with disabilities. These people often travel by train and they could do with your help. Also people with babies in strollers or prams may appreciate a helping hand.
    Understand your behaviour counts. When you apply for your School Student Rail Pass, you're giving permission for Sydney Trains to show security camera footage to your school principal or teachers should you be caught misbehaving and breaching the code of conduct.
    Last edited by Sickbro; 2014-07-03 at 08:12 AM.

An apology CAN be enough but it seems like people expect all their sins should be forgiven after a 'sorry'. All an apology does is show remorse, and not always for the act. A lot of the time an apology is just someone showing regret they now have to face consequences for their actions and not the action itself which is the case I think here. She obviously thinks asian's are beneath her and not real people and that being associated with them is somehow demeaning, her being 'sorry' after a 'hard day' shouldn't be enough to resolve her verbally attacking people in public.
    The entire point of forgiveness is that, in the end, no one deserves it. We can all be pretty wretchedly awful to one another; but the whole point is that we forgive because it allows us to let go of the anger. It allows all parties to heal and you can't heal until you've let it go and you cannot fully do that until you've forgiven the wrongs against you. Holding anger toward her does nothing but harm you, and it would do nothing but harm the woman and those children. It would just spread more anger and more hatred. Forgiving and letting it go through an act of love is the only way to combat things like this. It's not an easy thing to do, but it's the best way to heal and to move forward.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

You must've missed this part in the article or just find it necessary to concern troll the topic?
    "It's not nice what I did to that lady," Ms Wilkins said.
    "It wasn't nice to say that to her because it's not nice when people say that to me...call me white trash and fatso. I know how it hurts and I shouldn't be saying it to other people."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    'Theres no excuse, "I had a rotten day.".'

I'm probably being dense right now, but that sounds like an excuse or a reason.
    I think you should translate it to: "I had a rotten day, and I let it get the better of me. There's no excuse for what I did." Meaning that during the time of said incident she used her rotten day as an excuse to explode, but in retrospect she now sees that she was completely in the wrong and that her rotten day was no excuse for her behaviour.

I was pissed off when I saw the initial report+video earlier today, but I'm at least thankful to see that unlike your average public transport rant in Australia this woman at least has the ability to admit her fault and show remorse. Usually public transport ranters give some bullshit "Oh but but but but it was their fault" excuse that is easily disproven by the phone footage.

Bring on the police charges (already underway) and let's hope that she means it when she says she regrets her actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You must've missed this part in the article or just find it necessary to concern troll the topic?
    Huh? Again, she's using an excuse for her behaviour now she has to face the consequences.

But no, call me a troll instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Its not unique to kids. Adults are asses on buses too. Like how no one offered me a seat despite having a visibly injured knee. So I got to stand on one leg for 20 min. Although I didnt go on any kind of rant so this woman has no excuse for being a foul mouth piece of trash.
    English bus etiquete seems still very alive, people will insist in giving their seats.
    The rare occasions someone isnt giving a sit, there are comments hurled by the other passengers and generally they capitulate, peer pressure at work \o/ :P

Anyway, yes this seems to be more about difference in values mixed with a really shitty day, doesnt excuse it but hardly warrants persecution...

Deleted
    What a cunt. The kids did not have to offer her their seats. Considering the content of this rant I would not be surprised at all if she didn't ask politely, but demanded rudely. I wouldn't give my seat up to someone who demanded it either. Normally I'll be the first to stand if I see an old person getting on and no seats free, but if they started yelling at me before I had a chance to they can go and fuck themselves.

The mother of the kids actually points out there is a free seat and motions somewhere off camera - I'm assuming it's near the Chinese lady since it's in that direction, but she doesn't seem to be interested in it since kicking up a stink is more important to her. If you listen closely, a man also says "there's a chair there" to which she replies "I don't want a chair!"
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-07-03 at 08:52 AM.

sure going to be awkward for anyone that knows her on a day to day level now if they see this video of course and I love how that one guy reacted with that small chuckle.

Common occurence on Australian public transport but I just love the hypocrisy of her getting upset about children not having respect and she auto-matically goes into racist mode.

Anyway, Do you think that having a bad day is an excuse for bad behaviour of this calibre or is she just ashamed and trying to excuse herself?
    You're full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    You're full of shit.
    Whatever Buddy, there's more than enough videos out there plus my personal experiences that I'm comfortable with that assessment. Australia is a racist country, sorry if that makes you upset.

Deleted
    A racist Austraillian? More news at 10.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    I only vacate my seat for pregnant women, invalids, and people I want to have sex with.
    Same for me, only for this one person.

... sorry
    Oh, hi.

I find that these things are often blown out of proportion. Now that's not to say that she shouldn't be ashamed of her actions but people do have horrible days and something very minor can sent them over the edge and make them say things that they later come to regret. Furthermore this has to be the fifth or sixth racist rant I've seen recorded by someone on a bus or train, yet it only seems to gain media attention if it's a white person ranting at a minority.

I've seen plenty of minority folk openly hurling racist abuse at white people and even if it did get recorded there wasn't a huge uproar over it or the same amount of media attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    This woman along with her family probably have the deepest of shame because of this going viral , that is punishment enough.

Lesson learned.

Deleted
    News at 11... Woman couldn't get a seat on train/bus...

Its funny because it has fuck all to do with race, this could happen anywhere. Clearly she having a bad day.

Whatever Buddy, there's more than enough videos out there plus my personal experiences that I'm comfortable with that assessment. Australia is a racist country, sorry if that makes you upset.
    What un utterly dumb comment, can you work out why? Come on have a think.

Oh and this type of rant is in no way a common occurrence, know why? Come on have another think.

Unless of course you definition of common is every few years some bogan, myopic dickheads do some stoopid shit. I have news for you though, pretty much every country is host to these assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    What un utterly dumb comment, can you work out why? Come on have a think.

Oh and this type of rant is in no way a common occurrence, know why? Come on have another think.

Unless of course you definition of common is every few years some bogan, myopic dickheads do some stoopid shit. I have news for you though, pretty much every country is host to these assholes.
    Don't delude yourself , Australia is notoriously racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like my nan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Its not unique to kids. Adults are asses on buses too. Like how no one offered me a seat despite having a visibly injured knee. So I got to stand on one leg for 20 min. Although I didnt go on any kind of rant so this woman has no excuse for being a foul mouth piece of trash.
    What? I once had an injured ankle. Had to use crutches, could not walk or stand properly. At that time I used a fairly busy bus line to get to college. Everyday I had to ask if I could sit because you know injury. Yes I think people should offer you a seat when you obviously are injured or for the elderly. But nobody ever asks for one.