Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    I haven't read any of the previous 30 pages, but let me guess....

This thread is filled with dismissive, overcoddled, straight, white, male, socially retarded, gamers who in the past constantly say "If X group want representation in Y they should make their own Z!" are now crying when said X Group does exactly that. So said overcoddled, straight, white, male, socially retarded, gamers have now shifted goal posts, to keep what they secretly (lol) don't like (which they'll never admit to, btw), underfoot through pathetic concern trolling and muddying the waters of any sort of conversation that's advocating for what they clearly don't like. Since it prevents any sort of forward movement, which is the same exact desired outcome as being overtly and violently against something in the past. Calling what X Group are doing "Self Segregation" and (in this case, I'd wager) "Heterophobic", on top of constantly conflating any sort of representation of X Group, by said group (or even their own), with "being against equality" and "pandering".

It's the same exact tactic that is used by said overcoddled, straight, white, male, socially retarded, gamers...when it comes to women, race, a religion that they don't like, and anything else that causes only a 99.9% focus on them, instead of 100%.
    You spent an awfully long time typing that up for someone who couldn't be bothered to read much of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Nice inner dialogue there, Do the voices talk back?
    Try to read, even if you are correct this type of attitude does nothing to help and only makes you look like an ass.
    Nice ad hominem. Does the nerve I hit, still sting?

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    You spent an awfully long time typing that up for someone who couldn't be bothered to read much of the discussion.
    I would tell you how much apathy is still cool but I can't be buggered to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Tech/game industry ones usually are amazing too.

NY eh? NY comic con is the palace to go if you ever want to just WTF your weekend away ( in october). lol The chicks and dudes in catsuits are just lolz
    I live way across the state but would totally go hang out with my brother in the city for a weekend like that. I'll buy you a beer if you end up showing up as well. =)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    I would tell you how much apathy is still cool but I can't buggered to do so.
    Well played, sir. Well played.

Because it's the same thing that happens in practically every thread that's about something that doesn't cater incessantly to the social retard segment of the MMO-C OT section.

You're pretty correct actually. Oh and someone getting offended by the term "Breeder"... Yeah.
    Yet more proof that some of you aren't interested in equality at all and are simply trying to turn the entire initiative into a ridiculous 'us vs them' ordeal. I'm often left scratching my head when people complain about being persecuted only to then point the finger at a different group and persecute them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the personal attacks. Stick to discussing the topic and reacting to arguments.

You're pretty correct actually. Oh and someone getting offended by the term "Breeder"... Yeah.
    What, you reckon people should go around calling each other crap like "breeder" "carpet muncher" or "bum bandit"? That kinda dismissive and derogatory language should be a part of our everyday lives? Yeah, how bout no.

On top of that once again Booshman wildly misses the target, as most of the thread seems to be people of the LGBT community arguing with themselves. But facts never got in the way of a good Booshman argument, if he can blame straight white males, damn right he will!

I have no real strong opinions about the convention, ideally everyone would just be able to attend events like E3 and feel included, but if people feel unsafe at places like E3 due to the occasional bigot that gets in and ruins it, then why not create somewhere designed to discourage such bigots from attending? (Although I fear it will do the complete opposite and attract more bigots that wish to "protest".)

Also I disagree that somehow gay and straight people will view games differently based purely on their sexual orientation. Everyone will view every game differently due to their experiences in life, yes orientation plays a part in that but I doubt it's an overly huge impact on what makes a good game for most people that enjoy gaming.

Nice ad hominem. Does the nerve I hit, still sting?
    no?
    You say right away that you didnt read anything that is being said, then proceed on a rant against any "straight white men" followed by tons of derogatory and insulting terminology that can only come out of the mind of a bigot and now are surprised that someone points out that you are making yourself look like an ass?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Enough with the personal attacks. Stick to discussing the topic and reacting to arguments.
    Apologies, wont continue.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2014-07-03 at 08:19 PM.

I live way across the state but would totally go hang out with my brother in the city for a weekend like that. I'll buy you a beer if you end up showing up as well. =)
    Ill keep that in mind and let you know If I go ^_-
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    Yet more proof that some of you aren't interested in equality at all and are simply trying to turn the entire initiative into a ridiculous 'us vs them' ordeal. I'm often left scratching my head when people complain about being persecuted only to then point the finger at a different group and persecute them.
    I'm glad you know a lot about me.

no?
    You say right away that you didnt read anything that is being said, then proceed on a rant against any "straight white men" followed by tons of derogatory and insulting terminology that can only come out of the mind of a bigot and now are surprised that someone points out that you are making yourself look like an ass?
    After skimming a few pages, so far, it looks like I was spot on with my entire post actually. But I'm dropping it, since a mod stepped in.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-07-03 at 08:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    no?
    Check your privilege.

I'm glad you know a lot about me.
    No, I don't know much about you - though I wouldn't consider it a stretch to assume that someone is not a very tolerant person for quoting and agreeing with another poster who saw fit to launch a barrage of attacks upon 'straight white males'. Discrimination doesn't stop being discrimination just because the person being discriminated against is 'straight' 'white' or 'male'.

I'm not here to argue, though. I'm here to debate and hopefully the thread can continue to exist and be less volatile.

After skimming a few pages, so far, it looks like I was spot on with my entire post actually. But I'm dropping it, since a mod stepped in.
    You cannot generalize an entire demographic and then claim this is expected behaviour from that demographic, this is the very behaviour you accuse others of having.
    You say people dont read and post, then proceed to do the very same thing, is it not obvious why does this bother me?

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Check your privilege.
    *chuckle and sigh*

You cannot generalize an entire demographic and then claim this is expected behaviour from that demographic, this is the very behaviour you accuse others of having.
    You say people dont read and post, then proceed to do the very same thing, is it not obvious why does this bother me?
    Except...I didn't generalize an entire demographic, since I flatout referred to not only a specific segment of people, but also just the people posting in this thread. Unless you yourself think that gamers are all dismissive, overcoddled, straight, white, male, socially retards?

10+ Year Old Account
    This has just been a cesspool of 31 pages. Everyone is now aware the convention will be going on and that's good enough without allowing this to continue to devolve into bashing and slugging out bigotry.