Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    put more milk in, or wait.
    who puts milk in jasmine tea?

Deleted
    Not being a little girl.

Pretty sure it's that people start off with moderately hot and progress from there gradually as their tongues/mouths become less sensitive to temperature because of either growing accustomed to it or the actual nerves/taste buds being damaged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    Fuck putting an ice cube in your coffee.
    what do you think frappachinos have in them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flexed View Post
    who puts milk in jasmine tea?
    *points at option 2*
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what do you think frappachinos have in them?
    I don't like frapps , caramel macchiato's on the other hand....OMNOM

If I'm drinking something hot then it's usually a cup of coffee. If I'm drinking a cup of coffee I'm usually catching up with a friend and so I'll just sit and focus on the conversation and wait for it to cool down a little before taking a sip. It's harder in a rush, but then I just make it a point not to order a hot drink if I have to head off elsewhere and consume it swiftly.

15+ Year Old Account
    If this kid can do it, so can you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihyNQ_9gNe0

I drink tea all the time.

I have a big teapot at my desk and use a small cup. This way it stays hot, but in the cup temperature quickly becomes comfortable. And use small sips, don't chug it
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteResistance View Post
    I drink tea all the time.

I have a big teapot at my desk and use a small cup. This way it stays hot, but in the cup temperature quickly becomes comfortable. And use small sips, don't chug it
    This is good advice. However, some people (me, for example) just can't sip... I'm a gulper, a chugger. I just have some psychological need to kill beverages as fast as possible. Therefore I wait until my coffee/tea/hot cider/cocoa/whatever is at a chuggable temperature. Yes, I know I'm meant to sip and enjoy. I know I'm doing it wrong.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You do this thing called waiting. After you've performed the act of waiting for a sufficient time you will be able to drink without burning your mouth.
    Pretty much this. Sometimes, I just pop it in the freezer and let it sit in there a few minutes. I never understood how anyone can gulp down a cup of boiling hot coffee.

"Grande latte, 3 shots, whole milk, kids temperature"

Solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Try using a straw, sometimes that helps.

umm wait for it until it doesn't hurt anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    I don't like frapps , caramel macchiato's on the other hand....OMNOM
    NO!! You do not omnomnom a macchiato like a fat panda! You just savor its sweetness.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    am i too late for the baby goat sacrifices? that´s how i accomplished the skill of drinking hot beverages
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put an ice cube in it. Blow on it. Drink other things.

Deleted
    throw it in your SO's face and lick it from their scalded flesh

Pour a little into your saucer, the higher surface area:volume ration will make it cool much quicker and you can slurp it out. Repeat until the drink remaining in the cup is a comfortable drinking temperature.

Or, make your first and second hot drink at the same time. You'll still have to wait for the first to cool but when you finish it immediately make the third, and start drinking the second (which should be at a comfortable drinking temperature). Finish the second, make the fourth, drink the third and so on. With this technique you can have a limitless supply of comfortable drinking temperature beverage. I recommend making the odd numbered drinks coffee and the even numbered drinks tea.

When I used to be a Ramen noodle person, I would add two ice cubes to it and it made it perfect.

When I'd make hot chocolate, If it got too hot I would add some cold milk to it.

People who complain about coffee... you realize it is made with a BASE OF WATER... so adding something cold like an ice cube or two will not change the flavor and cool it down. That's what I'd recommend.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__