Poll: What is the most OP class in 5.4.8?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Monks in general are completely ridiculous in PVP, so are hunters and warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    You never know with the ignorant masses tbh. Affli is dominant in 3s but i guess you could take
    a real beating on timeless isle from a destruction lock...
    Did you see the blue post or tweet where he said about as many people do 3v3 as heroic raiding? As in, not very many people? Like it or not, most people could really not care less about 3v3, or arena, besides gear. I can poop on affliction warlocks all day long no matter what I play, so that makes them weak in my book. It makes no difference to me if they have a few gimmicks that work well for 3v3 arena. They are still weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Did you see the blue post or tweet where he said about as many people do 3v3 as heroic raiding? As in, not very many people? Like it or not, most people could really not care less about 3v3, or arena, besides gear. I can poop on affliction warlocks all day long no matter what I play, so that makes them weak in my book. It makes no difference to me if they have a few gimmicks that work well for 3v3 arena. They are still weak.
    I'm sorry but they are absolutely not weak. They have 800k hp in pvp, heal themselves to full in seconds when being bursted, can prevent all damage for about 10 seconds, have 4 different CC's at their disposal, and do extremely high damage. You are objectively wrong.

Deleted
    Definately affliction locks, which I play. You DO have to reach a certain mastery/haste for it to really shine though.

Deleted

Its common sense that when speaking in general about pvp, unless specifically stated, its about 3v3-balance.

But... Whatever floats your boat i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you can't and no they're not.

These sorts of threads need qualifiers to determine what exactly the OP has in mind

3's?
    RBGs?
    2's?
    Duels?
    World?

All of those are different and most will have a different answer. A hunter who primarily duels isn't going to say warrior, while a rshaman who primarily runs 3's might say warrior. Context is important if you want anything remotely meaningful out of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locks get face rolled 1v1 vs melee. People forget that it is the other 2 that makes it so the lock can live other wise locks just get face rolled i do it on my hunter warrior rogue pally dk. People forget its the other 2 classes that makes it look like a warlock is op. Like the druid and Shaman with the CC they bring and heals. 1v1 i can take out a lock in no time on hunter rogue warrior dk and pally, Hell my Passive heals out heal the lock dots on some of my classes like hunter and warrior even out heal shadow priest dots so no i would not say the lock is OP its the Comp that is OP not the lock people allways forget about the other 2 players with the lock all they think of is i got feared or my healer got feared and my buddy or i died but they forget about the 3 cyclones or the other cc the other 2 classes did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    Locks get face rolled 1v1 vs melee. People forget that it is the other 2 that makes it so the lock can live other wise locks just get face rolled i do it on my hunter warrior rogue pally dk. People forget its the other 2 classes that makes it look like a warlock is op. Like the druid and Shaman with the CC they bring and heals. 1v1 i can take out a lock in no time on hunter rogue warrior dk and pally, Hell my Passive heals out heal the lock dots on some of my class like hunteser and warrior even out heal shadow priest dots so no i would not say the lock is OP its the Comp that is OP not the lock people allways forget about the other 2 players with the lock all they think of is i got feared or my healer got feared and my buddy or i died but they forget about the 3 cyclones or the other cc the other 2 classes did.
    So.. what again is it that people forget? I forgot!

Jokes aside... no reasonably logic person thinks that warlocks alone are overpowered.
    The thing with warlock is what you mention and so many others have said before;
    Synergy! The synergy a warlock brings to a comp with great cc and great spread pressure is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    So.. what again is it that people forget? I forgot!

Jokes aside... no reasonably logic person thinks that warlocks alone are overpowered.
    The thing with warlock is what you mention and so many others have said before;
    Synergy! The synergy a warlock brings to a comp with great cc and great spread pressure is priceless.
    Ya... that and 4 different CC's, 900k hp, two of the best defensive cooldowns in the game, a Heal that basically refills all 900k hp of theirs, and 200k chaos bolts. But ya, synergy

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    Ya... that and 4 different CC's, 900k hp, two of the best defensive cooldowns in the game, a Heal that basically refills all 900k hp of theirs, and 200k chaos bolts. But ya, synergy
    Yep synergy. All that is useless without the team to back up the warlock.

Deleted
    Warlocks are a support class that shines in a team enviroment. While WoW pvp is team based, the class cannot succeed in an enviroment filled with imbecils with no grasp of teamwork and coordination- which random bgs absolutely are. 3s are where balance is about because players there can exploit the full potentional of the class, and usually high tier 3s are where the people that know how to play are.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Warlocks are a support class that shines in a team enviroment. While WoW pvp is team based, the class cannot succeed in an enviroment filled with imbecils with no grasp of teamwork and coordination- which random bgs absolutely are. 3s are where balance is about because players there can exploit the full potentional of the class, and usually high tier 3s are where the people that know how to play are.
    Warlocks are definetly a support class. I agree with Naztrak. We really shine with teamwork and coordination.

@scabobos: Destro is rather bad for arena. It has an extreamly good execute and a good heal. The heal consumes our resources and you should just pillar hump and inturpt to stop chaosbolts. If the lock has 900k HP he is running soullink and GoSac. Which means he doesn't get the 20% reduced damage and will die faster than the 720k Hp lock with Soulink and pet. The heals arnt 900k, healstone + talent heal are arround ~400k hp over time

Rogues are Definitely under the radar a geared skilled rogue with lucky procs they can kill you in a cheap shot no problem

I'm surprised the Hunter class doesn't have more votes. Monks and Mages are also pretty solid atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgthreex View Post
    Rogues are Definitely under the radar a geared skilled rogue with lucky procs they can kill you in a cheap shot no problem
    Define lucky procs?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Define lucky procs?
    "You procced a Frost Mage Partner!"
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

made me register

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    "You procced a Frost Mage Partner!"
    I registered just to LOL at this... brilliant

That being said, I've played some of every class since vanilla and the one that comes to mind as getting the most whine about it over the years seems to be Warrior. Mage, historically, has usually been good, and affliction lock IMO takes the most skill to play well at a high level. You have to manage your dots, fears, and pet properly versus multiple opponents, all while trying not to get trained. I'm too freaking old to multitask, so I play everything... badly!

As a Warlock I'd say my experience in 2s has been painful so far. Warriors, Monks and Mages just rip my asshole open. However, RBGs is another story. Unless the team is hopelessly uncoordinated, the spread damage is very very painful for the opposition team. Like someone said, it's about synergy. Good team/comp? Warlock owns. But you have other classes that really don't 'need' synergy. Warriors, Monks, Mages and Hunters can stroll into most comps or teams and do well. A little balance would go a long way in addressing the issue in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks i understand as in twos I find them nearly unkiteable without heavy peels from my teammate. However Warriors and Mages as Affliction are quite easy to deal with. Utilizing your positioning, pet abilities/cc, LoSing, and know when to gate/portal to mitigate damage is really key.

To fear a warrior you can use the method destro locks like to abuse: howl, then when they Enrage kite it off, mez/coil into a fear and nuke/dot. Since you should have double trinket with Unbound unless you are human, you just need to time you teleport once the warrior pops his burst. Mages you get a lot of free damage on them with SB:SS and then los their burst or twi-ward it. Knowing when to spell lock, and keeping your fears/sf going on as many targets as you can will help simplify things.

Imo since i also play Spriest, I honestly feel like Warriors are my bane. A lot of my orbs go to horrify during their burst if i can't feather/guise away. And if they take bladestorm i have to trinket right there and LoS heavily until i can spread some dot pressure and build up procs.

Personally I feel shaman are the most op hands down. But in 2s it has to be monks.. just too much to deal with sometimes whether WW or MW