discussion about hackers-Thieves.

i read this article http://fortune.com/2011/07/11/what-i...a-hack-attack/ all i can think of is pursuing a search and destroy method by white hat hackers. to seek and destroy black hat hackers. replace all the drug offenders/non-violent in jail with hackers. thieves evolve if you don't go after them and i'll state that the world really is made up of good thieves and bad thieves. its a thieves world whether you want to accept it or not and being thief smart will add truth and glory to your own power.

those are my thoughts about this i definitely prefer the solution of the gallows to murders because if someone kills someone and they get hanged with in 48 hours for murder. provided that DNA testing and the proper evidence was to prove guilty was proven then i say combat murder with the gallows. make it public too because how else are people going to get the idea that murder is bad if its not met fierce and swift with justice. this all has to deal with being a thief because at one point the thief kills. murder is the archetype of thievery its ultimate end.

so thats my point of view if it seems harsh deal with it because how else are you going to deal with these problems a slap on the wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by minstrelluxuryliner70 View Post
    i read this article http://fortune.com/2011/07/11/what-i...a-hack-attack/ all i can think of is pursuing a search and destroy method by white hat hackers. to seek and destroy black hat hackers. replace all the drug offenders/non-violent in jail with hackers. thieves evolve if you don't go after them and i'll state that the world really is made up of good thieves and bad thieves. its a thieves world whether you want to accept it or not and being thief smart will add truth and glory to your own power.

those are my thoughts about this i definitely prefer the solution of the gallows to murders because if someone kills someone and they get hanged with in 48 hours for murder. provided that DNA testing and the proper evidence was to prove guilty was proven then i say combat murder with the gallows. make it public too because how else are people going to get the idea that murder is bad if its not met fierce and swift with justice. this all has to deal with being a thief because at one point the thief kills. murder is the archetype of thievery its ultimate end.

so thats my point of view if it seems harsh deal with it because how else are you going to deal with these problems a slap on the wrist?
    So... why would criminals be good at white hacking?

Hackers that steal should be treated the same way regular thieves do. Maybe even better than them since some thieves hurt people.

Hiring hackers to attack the system is the best way to test the security.

So you think if we make the punishment public people will stop committing crimes because of fear of said punishment?

Man, I remember when I was 16 and thought I had all the answers.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    So you think if we make the punishment public people will stop committing crimes because of fear of said punishment?

Man, I remember when I was 16 and thought I had all the answers.
    Hey now! Some people haven't read A Tale of Two Cities until college.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Hey now! Some people haven't read A Tale of Two Cities until college.
    Seriously? I had to be subjected to Dickens before college...thus everyone else should be as well. It's only fair.

Deleted
    Seriously? I had to be subjected to Dickens before college...thus everyone else should be as well. It's only fair.
    Subjected?

You don't like Dickens......have you ever suffered from severe and debilitating head injuries?

Subjected?

You don't like Dickens......have you ever suffered from severe and debilitating head injuries?
    No I must have a wire lose somewhere. I can't stand Chuck. Like not at all. His stories are classic, but my god his writing style. Ok so she fluttered her eyelashes...please tell me about that for 7 more pages.

I was always more of a Dostoevsky fan.

Deleted
    No I must have a wire lose somewhere. I can't stand Chuck. Like not at all. His stories are classic, but my god his writing style. Ok so she fluttered her eyelashes...please tell me about that for 7 more pages.

I was always more of a Dostoevsky fan.
    Dickens wrote to all strata of society, on a variety of seminal issues. Dostoevsky's style is also purely a matter of taste, his dramatist method of story telling is no better or worse than Dickens'.

Dickens wrote to all strata of society, on a variety of seminal issues. Dostoevsky's style is also purely a matter of taste, his dramatist method of story telling is no better or worse than Dickens'.
    No, but in a personally subjective sense, I like his work over dickens. Dickens always seemed like a chore. I'm not making any claims to objectivity. Also, it should be noted I am a literary pleb.

its easy to talk about things like this when you haven't been in a position with nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

desperation isn't cured with threats. thieves are desperate ppl, broadly speaking.

these hacking groups only do what they do because they can, its like trying to stop ppl writing viruses, so long as ppl can they will.

tried to explain that to my dad once 'why do ppl make viruses' 'because they can' sometimes ppl need more than that but that really is all there is to it. I don't doubt that 'white hat' hackers are hired to run dummy hack attempts on secure servers, how successful they are is anyones guess, but if there is one way in there are probably multiple, then you have ddos attacks which aren't so much hacking but just crashing the whole thing. which seems to be the most anyone is able to muster these days.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-07-10 at 02:16 PM.