Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    I don't see why they can't buff it in the "AoE pass" coming soon. It's not hard to lay traps with trap launcher, and it makes sense as Survival. Make it worth using, at the very least as SV seeing as how traps are supposed to be part of its niche.
    I don't see why not either, but they usually go about the route of arguing that the trap isn't supposed to be apart of our rotation therefore it's usually bad.

I don't see how they can buff SrS spread to be competitive with Beast Cleave, just because of the nature of the mechanics of the AoE. It being a sustained DoT will require it to be tuned to be below BC.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Make serpent spread rather than be the full duration serpent sting, make it like beast cleave in that it only lasts say 4-5 seconds, but its a more concentrated DoT (more over the course of those say 4 seconds). I dunno.

Also, if its not usable why even leave it in the game (explosive trap that is)? They take away all these other buttons, but leave an AoE trap that hits like a wet noodle and has it not being used? Sounds bad to me.

Make serpent spread rather than be the full duration serpent sting, make it like beast cleave in that it only lasts say 4-5 seconds, but its a more concentrated DoT (more over the course of those say 4 seconds). I dunno.

Also, if its not usable why even leave it in the game (explosive trap that is)? They take away all these other buttons, but leave an AoE trap that hits like a wet noodle and has it not being used? Sounds bad to me.
    "Knockback value!" Says pvpers or something

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol pvp. The bane of PvE balance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, the game came out with no PvP. Therefore, it's an addon and the reason PvE balance is impossible. I was there when it was nonexistent. It was a beautiful time (not really though. Besides server community, gg no server transfers, vanilla was pretty bad lets be honest).

How about something like Black Arrow can be applied to (3-5)* targets for the next 15 secs and does 30% more damage for its duration ? With lock and load being changed back to proccing off black arrow ticks this could be pretty fun for multi-dotting and even in pvp. Could name it "Shadow Strikes" or something..

*Dont know how many targets, how long, and how much extra damage would be the sweet spot for a CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    loaded for bear with fire like diabro. Make it happen!
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    3% chance, that's statistically once every 33 attempts, pretty good for a heroic boss.

I'm pretty sure no one would bench us ever again, at least.
    3% per hunter, per attack. I can get off 10 or more attacks in 8 seconds.

(Stack 18 hunters, 1 tank, 1 healer for said tank, and you have a 0.4% chance that the boss survives past the first 8 seconds of the fight. Somehow I don't think this suggestion will be implemented.)
    Last edited by Kurgosh; 2014-08-30 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post

(Stack 18 hunters, 1 tank, 1 healer for said tank, and you have a 0.4% chance that the boss survives past the first 8 seconds of the fight. Somehow I don't think this suggestion will be implemented.)
    I had to go back to see what exactly you were quoting and the context, and I'm pretty sure my post was a slightly sarcastic response to the idea of a CD that gave us a 3% chance to instantly kill a target. LoL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post

do a rapid fire -> barrage -> see how long the boss last.

I was a fan of bear trap, not sure why it was axed.

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I was a fan of bear trap, not sure why it was axed.
    It was axed because we had enough burst from "5 stacks of Lock and Load" or something like that.

i think survival needs something for aoe, serpent spread is all good at the beginning of an expansion but we saw how it lost out to beast cleave in 5.4 (albeit beast cleave was buffed to 75%).

What about something like this?

You fire a vial of poison and shatter it above a target, all affected targets within x yards will take x% increased damage from your serpent sting for x seconds

This probably will be worth a global even on single target and exponentially powerful as the number of targets increase (much like beast cleave) and will actually scale as the expansion progresses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, just make Explosive Trap's AoE damage not suck. Bam, Survival's AoE damage is better.

Seriously, just make Explosive Trap's AoE damage not suck. Bam, Survival's AoE damage is better.
    Yeah and just for survival too. It literally only makes sense. I don't understand their logic behind traps if they aren't going to be useful in dps encounters why even have them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Immolation trap in Cata, when you used it on the pull and when there were a few breaks in the boss fights (i.g Yor'sahj the Unsleeping). Even though the hitbox when triggering the trap was bad, I still liked to use it. So I wish they could just buff Trap Mastery to make Explosive Trap a viable spell to use in your rotation (like how they thought of making Snake trap a viable spell at the start of MoP), it also gives a bit more feel to the Survival specc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    Yeah and just for survival too. It literally only makes sense. I don't understand their logic behind traps if they aren't going to be useful in dps encounters why even have them.
    Well yeah, only for Survival. And I don't even see the problem with it being used on single target. With the new and improved trap launcher it's not hard to use at all. If they continue to keep it's damage pitiful, why not prune it with all the other abilities and just leave Ice/Frost Trap...

Deleted
    Well yeah, only for Survival. And I don't even see the problem with it being used on single target. With the new and improved trap launcher it's not hard to use at all. If they continue to keep it's damage pitiful, why not prune it with all the other abilities and just leave Ice/Frost Trap...
    Then delete all traps and give us frostarrow ( single target cc ) and frostvolley ( yep volley !!! )
    Frostvolley -> shoot a rain of frostarrows freezing the targeted ground lasting for xx sec. ( xx CD )
    Last edited by mmocbef063ebb3; 2014-09-10 at 06:15 PM.