WoD Talent "Internal Bleeding"

Ok so what I'm looking for here is someone to check my math or even just give some insight if i perceived this formula the right way.

So according to this talent the formula is this.

(1.242*AP)*#of Cmb Pts

So lets say this talent was live.

Fully procced I reach 210k AP. (1.242*210000)*5 = 1304100 dmg total.
    Now lets say this hypothetically gains Subs master. 1304100*1.80 (80% Mastery) = 2347380 total dmg.

Now lets just say I wouldn't complain if my math is right and only hope it makes it live. Just somewhere I have a feeling I'm off somewhere.

Thanks for looking.

It is VERY safe to assume that this won't benefit from sub's mastery.

I also think that your math is correct, but aren't all values with AP inflated? I mean, we get AP differently in the expac- I think each Agi gives 1, not 2, for a start, and I also think that so much is changing with the numbers that your best bet is to look up the number for beta eviscerate and compare.

Your math isn't wrong. Not sure if it will affect the mastery though. Maybe it is a tooltip bug. Looking at evicerate(who also does damage based on AP); 1 + AP*0.3203*1*CP(not sure if the +1 or the *1 is because I got the number from wowhead, and the level isn't taken into account and there is supposed to be a different number there). The multiplier is much lower. With your AP, and counting in mastery, you should get 605k evicerates(not taking into account armor or other mitigations), if you get 605k evicerates(minus mitigation), your calculations are correct. I couldn't find how much armor target dummies have so... Maybe in the 30-40% range.

Edit; to Verain, the numbers I got were all from wowhead, wich means either they have not yet updated the formula for evicerate, or that evicerate is going to be very weak(at least compared to this talent). I'm sure someone on beta have tested this talent though, and can give feedback on how strong it is.
    Last edited by Noorac; 2014-07-09 at 12:43 AM.

Yea I know it's all scaled down in beta. I was just using numbers that I have currently to just see how the dmg works since I don't have access to beta atm :P Thanks for the reply.

As to your evis numbers. My first numbers were based off combat. The highest I think I crit as Combat in Heroic SoO was like 500-600k max. And to be fair I dont think I ever seen a 600k in my logs to this date. Sub on the other hand I've hit close to 2 mill. 1.9 or something like that last time I tried it.
    Last edited by Keres; 2014-07-09 at 02:39 AM.

Currently Internal Bleeding deals the most damage as Combat due to Red buff, revealing strike (I am nearly sure it's effecting it) and how much attack power Combat has.

I've seen 21k critical bleed ticks on Warriors. It's honestly hilarious.

As subtlety Internal Bleeding is important as well for Sinister Calling procs. Those Multi Strikes can be deadly. Though the highest I've seen from Sub is 9-11k

Assassination's Internal Bleedings are poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post
    Currently Internal Bleeding deals the most damage as Combat due to Red buff, revealing strike (I am nearly sure it's effecting it) and how much attack power Combat has.

As subtlety Internal Bleeding is important as well for Sinister Calling procs. Those Multi Strikes can be deadly. Though the highest I've seen from Sub is 9-11k

How are rogues in pvp so far? The only videos I've seen of WoD pvp have been warriors walking around stomping everyone with their "super difficult rotation" and haven't really seen or heard of rogues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    How are rogues in pvp so far? The only videos I've seen of WoD pvp have been warriors walking around stomping everyone with their "super difficult rotation" and haven't really seen or heard of rogues at all.
    Um, they're looking a little overtuned ATM when it comes to Self healing. our damage is a lot more complex to set up then it is on live (As sub) and all 3 of the specs are preforming relatively well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dD1K0FhKeg - Example of me vs Frost Mage and a clip from 2s where I 1v2 2 frost mages. I also talk about bugs with DFA and other WoD related stuff.

I'll be posting Videos, and Streaming Daily over at Twitch.tv/sativamonk

Could you tell me how much attack power you had while seeing these numbers? Or even just standing in PvP gear?

I will once Beta is up. This was as a Human rogue with Proc / On use.

Um, they're looking a little overtuned ATM when it comes to Self healing.
    Of all the ridiculous healing on beta you think rogue healing is overtuned? Rogue heals only even work if you run away while everyone else's are so strong they can just facetank you with them I'd hardy call that overtuned lol. Recup won't out heal anyone's actual dmg

Rogue healing could be overtuned once it actually heals for what its supposed to but as its been yea right.

After watching your vid you don't die because its mages and mages are terrible vs melee on beta atm. You're los'ing non stop and and then standard rogue things to stop casts of course recup is out healing the mage that barely ever gets to hit you... Mages can't just pop deep and orb and spam ice lance and kill you now, it takes chain casting frostbolt and getting all your procs from multistriking to do real dmg now. Frostbolt itself is terrible dmg only its procs give you real dmg I think I saw you get hit by 1 ffb the whole arena, also frost bomb doesn't do any dmg unless hit by frozen ice lances and that's the only thing that procs it.

tldr: mages are terrible and recup can't tank dmg what you're doing is no different than a hybrid los'ing and casting heals most of the match.

I'm talking from a rational perspective. There are clearly things BROKEN on Beta. While rogue is NOT BROKEN. There are aspects of our gameplay that are.

Internal Bleeding for Combat being one of them.

Recuperate out healing majority of the damage dealing classes is another. Clearly in time tuning will happen. People who are dealing no damage will start to deal more and everything will balance out fine.

This is a thread about Internal Bleeding, =) So lets keep the recupe chat to a minimum xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Keres View Post
    Yea I know it's all scaled down in beta. I was just using numbers that I have currently to just see how the dmg works since I don't have access to beta atm :P Thanks for the reply.
    But that's the thing, the numbers don't line up. Your AP in 6.0 will be much, much lower than it is now even without the squish, so your damage values are greatly exaggerated. WoD AP is roughly as common as SP.

Basically, your math is correct, but your input values are bollocks, so your results are as well. Garbage in, garbage out.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    But that's the thing, the numbers don't line up. Your AP in 6.0 will be much, much lower than it is now even without the squish, so your damage values are greatly exaggerated. WoD AP is roughly as common as SP.

Basically, your math is correct, but your input values are bollocks, so your results are as well. Garbage in, garbage out.
    There's a post relating it to Evisc just below the OP. You can plug nearly any value in there and see that IB > Evisc. The fact that AP is getting cut in half doesn't really matter.

The only garbage coming out of it is the giant garbage truck that IB runs over your enemies with.

I think internal bleeding is fine as it makes kidney a dps gain rather than a loss to use vs everyone else gets undodgeable free 30sec cd stuns.

While it does do more dmg for combat do to deep insight and 40% ap, combat doesn't really have much going for it overall. Also just to point out all internal bleeding really is a "burstier" rupture since it does its dmg in half the time. The dmg is over 12sec its not like someone is instantly getting hit by a 100k shockwave...
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-07-09 at 09:04 PM.

That would be great thanks. With dot snap shots gone now I do understand numbers will vary a lot. Still tho I would like to see if the formula I'm using is correct and if it is that will make me smile.

If fuckin Warriors get AoE stuns that do retarded dmg. Also 30yrd ranged stun (lol?) I want to see this talent make it live. Will miss para A TON. I loved having an on demand root.

As to the person talking about garbage in garbage out. Its math alright? I dont care if I used 1million AP or 1 AP It's about trying to see how Blizz decided to write this formula and if its going to be a worthy DPS talent PvP or Pve for that matter.
    Last edited by Keres; 2014-07-09 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I think internal bleeding is fine as it makes kidney a dps gain rather than a loss to use vs everyone else gets undodgeable free 30sec cd stuns.

While it does do more dmg for combat do to deep insight and 40% ap, combat doesn't really have much going for it overall. Also just to point out all internal bleeding really is a "burstier" rupture since it does its dmg in half the time. The dmg is over 12sec its not like someone is instantly getting hit by a 100k shockwave...
    While the damage is nice on Woundman's stream he was frustrated by the fact he couldn't sap off it so he speced out of it. So, it is a nice talent, and a lot more competitive with PotW compared to Dirty Tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Keres View Post
    Could you tell me how much attack power you had while seeing these numbers? Or even just standing in PvP gear?
    5328 attack power no procs

i thought that talent was just a place holder, looks awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    This talent is the only reason I can even think about attacking Blood DKs. It does so much damage.