Thread: WoD Beta....

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WoD Beta....

I really miss all my abilities lol! It feels like they will eventually remove everything and this game will be like D3.

Deleted
    indeed!

tricks of the trade, shadow walk etc. :<

did they remove the minor glyph swirly ball as well?

edit: don't have beta, so feel free to throw me a key yo

I could also use a key, and would be eternally grateful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I really miss all my abilities lol! It feels like they will eventually remove everything and this game will be like D3.
    I was afraid it would start to feel like D3...

Deleted
    Which abilities do you miss... ?

i will miss tricks the most

The gods are good that tricks is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played until level 92 (then came the solo scenario and I couldn't turn in the quest; stuck now) and I must say it feels completely the same but better. Got Improved Slice n Dice at Level 91 and ohmygod it's great.

I was leveling alone always hated tricks so no loss for me there
    Shadow Walk always felt like it did nothing. I don't even have it on my bars.

I was always of the belief that tricks of the trade should've stolen damage from other players and given it to the rogue, not give the target a damage boost. Shadow Walk never should have been added. I think the only reason it was is because other MMO's have a similar ability.

People miss shadow walk? Tricks was just another button to press every 30 seconds, it wasn't used for threat as intended. I haven't played around as sub or assassination but combat feels the same. Servers have been really unstable so I stopped even bothering to play until it's fixed.

The one major thing I noticed was the difference between a premade character and my almost full HWF char, it's a night and day difference in terms of killing things. Generally things die within a single SS for the most part. It's quite a bit bigger of a difference from other expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for going a bit off topic, but does any1 know of a video that showcases Rogue in the new Orc Model (male)? Kinda undecided between Belf and Orc, and since Orcs already got their new model in the beta.

Im only going to miss dismantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    It's quite a bit bigger of a difference from other expansions.
    That would be b/c instead of raid wide nerfs, players got buffed through item upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    bullshit! the game looks awesome even tho its still beta and glitchy as fuck. Got the oldschool feel to it and i absolutely love it! (ye im in beta)

tbh im pretty happy they removed dismantle, tricks, shadow blades and other crap.... the new subterfudge looks good too. makes you think what you gonna do and not just mindlesly openin someone popin everythin and makin em dissapear ina stunlock...

P.S. now gief back ghostly strike lol!

I don't have beta, but I miss shadow walk already. Was great to sneak up from the front in PvP, and to get past some of the earlier packs in BT. Though I think it is one of those abilities that some people use often, and some people never use. I actually use it almost on CD in PvP, and often times when passing close to packs of mobs in PvE, or going in for a sap on i.e. the trash before Garrosh. To me it has become an insurance that I get the opener I want, or get past the mobs that I want. Gonna miss it.

Tricks of the trade, blaeh. It should have been removed a long time ago. It is used for something entirely different than what is was supposed to. Back in the lich king days, before vengeance, when tanks needed the damage and threat boost to keep up with dps in the opener, it made sense. Now threat is a non-issue. Transferring threat to a different dps? I know the threat doesn't make a difference, but the thought of it feels wrong.

Shadow blades should have stayed in the game, been given to assassination only, removed that silly vendetta(what kind of assassin is on a vendetta anyways?), and been renamed poisonblades(then rebalanced to be as much of a dps increase as vendetta is).

Muh Shadow Blades.

I will miss shadow blades the most. It's super important, powerful, cool, strategic, I think it's being handed to hunters and warriors as talents, and we just lose it entirely. If nothing else, it should be a talent point, but as baseline it was so nice. I don't think I'll ever really forgive them for taking blades. I hate all those "warrior rolls in, hard countered" bullshits and blades went so far toward countering that shit. What can I do versus plate as a combat rogue? Why is armor really "anti-swashbucklery", in that only a combat rogue is so goddamned fucked by it? Everyone else with physical damage has either burst magic damage or reasonable armor ignore. Fuck that right in the dick. It just holds back a potentially fun spec.

I will probably miss bandit's guile red being only 30%. This "buff" means that our actual damage will drop quite a bit in all pvp situations, whereas we'll be tuned around correct play with it in pve, so that damage won't go up. This 15% boost to a buff with like 40% pve uptime will result in weaker sinisters, eviscerates, everything, as we will be balanced around being in red in pve so often. Meanwhile, in pvp, this "buff" means that we'll be trivial to control, because we'll do less damage in blank, green, and yellow to make up for the extra damage in red- but 15 seconds without being able to land a sinister resets the stack, and every second of CC in red is a dramatic drop in this. Our sustained will be trash, exchanged for predictable and counterable burst that we can't even press a button to turn on.

I will definitely miss tricks, but I've given up on even talking about it in most of my posts at this point. The tricks loss is profound. By analyzing logs and coordinating, I was able to get some amazing tricks numbers. I had (have, actually) macros for different players. I loved tricksing Luna, our ele shaman, during ascendance + skull banner. Overall I like tricsking Yvaelle, a shadow priest who knows whether it will be beneficial to reup his dots during tricks or not (the dots snapshot, so this can be really aces). And it's been so cool for burst damage or cooldown coordination. I actually would love a talent point that would make it matter MORE.

But it is widely hated. Most players just press it on cooldown and complain that it is "someone else's damage", as if recount is the final arbiter of reality. A broken map means that everyone drives on the median of a four lane highway and bitches that the road is shitty and narrow. Your damage is what is caused by your direct action, and if you dropped me over one of these whine-rogues I would do more damage, even if that's recorded under a dark blue shaman bar or a dark purple warlock bar. Recount is a model. Recount is lies. Damage is reality. Tricks is personal damage.

But soon it won't be any damage. Soon it'll be just the same threat swap that rogues in other games have. Whatever. Blizzard is correct from a populist standpoint- most rogues hate tricks, because they don't understand it and think it isn't their own damage. Because they downloaded an addon that lied to them, and the lie is the reality because almost everyone believes it. The deluded win!

Shadow Walk makes me cross as well, because as a stealth button, it doesn't even use up a damned slot. I even proposed how you could keep the functionality without losing a button. It's very aces to use it properly, but again, many complaints are like "I never use it please delete it". You can safely read that as "I'm tired of getting opened on by better rogues who know how to play, so please delete their skill in any way you can". Shadow Walk is just a flat lowering of skill cap for no fucking gain in the mythical "button bloat" because it was on your stealth bar anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    lool at people missing rarely used abilities or abilities you just put in a macro with another ability. Get real, guys. I really like assassination on beta. Back to ToT master spec we go!

The fact that some rogues don't enjoy maximizing their rotation shouldn't imply that there should be no fucking rotation.

If you macroed your tricks, that's on you. Never optimal.

so happy they are removing things .. was getting out of hand I was running out of buttons on my board for everything.