Thinking of going back Resto..

This is from my thread over on the WoW forums, hoping I can get more opinions here =).

So, lately I've found myself missing my glowing little mushroom ground, and I'm thinking of switching back to Resto, I'm just not sure if I want to =(.

I guess my main concerns are these

Would the gear I currently have (I do have Raid Finder healing trinkets from SoO as well as the legendary cloak). I do have the Fire-Chanter Britches of the Wavecrest (Timeless) and Confident Grips (Flex)

And how are Resto Druids doing right now? Would it be worth changing back at this point in the expansion?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elwynne/simple

That's mostly the gear I have, I did get my Hellscream's War staff, which I would be using as well for restoration.

I'm mostly looking for opinions, as I've never healed Flex, I've only DPS'd it, and I've kind of started dabbling in normals...I'm also a bit hesitant because the cost of going resto isn't cheap since I share the gear with boomy.

Well they're not disc priest, but who is, am i right? Resto druids are more than capable and even excel some fights.

Resto druids are awesome and fun, but you might want to wait for 6.0 before you invest large amounts of time into learning it properly. Things Will Change.

Gear concerns are trivial compared to the L2P investment, if you want to get above the follow-guides-blindly skill level, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gurudanwan View Post
    interesting
    Yeah, this is so helpful.

Anyway, I would go back to Resto. My druid has an identity crisis with Specs. I've always swapped between feral, tank, and boomie. Still haven't decided which one I enjoy the most. That being said, one of my specs has never changed, and that's resto. I've personally always healed on any class that can, but still, Druids have an awesome and fun style of healing. I'd recommend going back, you'll most likely be thankful you did.

As someone whos always played resto and is now a moonkin... yes go back to resto! (I wish I could)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    Resto druids are awesome and fun, but you might want to wait for 6.0 before you invest large amounts of time into learning it properly. Things Will Change.
    Things will change, yes, but you will have a chance to understand if healing is a way to go for WoD. It's not a question about ability changes really. I started healing at the end of Cata (I had been melee dps before that), liked it very much and now I'm still resto. The main idea is not about class or spec, but about preferable role. If you like healing - do it